I've started, and I WILL finish fabulously (that's the plan anyway) :)

Hey Nat! So you're Cal Counting now not S&Sing it?? Can't wait to see how you get on this week!

I'm also super excited to see this picture of your knees! Ha! My "thing" is my arms. I shouldn't complain though - arms can be toned, knees are tricky territory! In my experience (used to work in a clothes shop and they always had me in the changing rooms helping customers) knees tend to be something you just don't notice on people. So long as they're not dry/scaly they're grand x

If there's a handy pic of your dress online you should post a pic! I've picked a dress for my birthday and I'm waiting for it to arrive!!! This is mine Lydia Bright | Lydia Bright Dress with Wrap Front and Chiffon Trim at ASOS PS: I've never watched TOWIE!!!

Oh WOW! I am LOVING that dress! It's gorgeous, you're going to look stunning (you're already gorgeous anyway!!).
You have fabulous taste! xxx

Oooh! It's gorrrrgeous! That's such a pretty colour! I can't wait until I can wear stuff like that!!! AND I adore the hair style!!

Oooh! It's gorrrrgeous! That's such a pretty colour! I can't wait until I can wear stuff like that!!! AND I adore the hair style!!

Thanks lovely!

I just HOPE it's not too young for me!

I'm not bothering with the fascinator, I'm just going to have that hairstyle with a few coral flowers in my hair. The dress will be longer on me as I'm only 5'4" and the model in that photo is way taller! The dress is 74cm from top of bust to the hem, I've measured and it skims my knees, so it will be longer on me, which is GOOD lol!!

xxx

Don't be silly! It's not too young for you! MUCH prefer the flowers than the fascinator too xxx

I absolutely LOVE the hair style! :eek: You'll look gorgeous !!

... oh, and I'm still waiting for those promised knees.... *taps foot*

... I have to wonder why all of us are so excited about pictures of knees... think we've all gone nuts.

That hair is beautiful love it!! Dress is lovely too

I want long hair but it goes kind of old lady wispy if it goes past my shoulders!!! I'm trying it again though growing it again...then I get it cut into a bob, then I grow it again etc...!

Hearing you on living beyond your means i'm so sick of having no money!!!

Eeeeeeh! You found someone to do the hair? Thats brilliant! I was hoping you would! Its gonna be SUPER gorgeous! :D :D And I love the dress. Both of them..Peri, yours is gorgeous too. Soooo pretty. Im not a dress sorta person but only because I feel uncomfortable in them and I cant hide my flab. lol. Ive got TONS of loose skin and its just not pretty. LOL. Im not sure what I will wear to my friend's wedding in August. I will have to start thinking about it now. I can say though that a fascinator will NOT be happening...and I get to pass because Im American, right? Haha. :p I just find them silly!

I remember when we were in the states just before my wedding and I was with my mother, trying to find her a Mother of the Bride sorta dress. And she found a lovely dress...and was in the changing room...and there was an English woman (on her hols) in the dressing room too...about the same age as mom. And they started to chat and all I remember hearing was the lady saying "...and a hat. Of course you MUST wear a lovely hat....." its such a british/english thing.....fascinators and hats for weddings! Haha Love it!

Anyway. Im glad youre counting cals now. you're so close to your goal weight, that i dont think you would really benefit from SnS much now anyway. You dont want to lose more muscle than fat...and you want to tone. Counting cals will let you do that! So yay! xx

Poor Max! Seriously...our kids have been nothing but sick this year, eh? Insane! Zoe's still snotty from her last bout of cold...and her cough had been gone but last night she had a little coughing fit. Bless them. Bring on the warmer weather, eh? x

Speaking of our babies...theyre ALMOST ONE...OMG!!! Im doing Zoe's cake, too. Im going to do Gaston the Ladybird from Ben and Holly's little kingdom. I wanted to a ladybird as he's an established character she will recognize him and it gives me something to follow! haha. What are you doing for Max?

gaston3.jpeg

Don't be silly! It's not too young for you! MUCH prefer the flowers than the fascinator too xxx

Me too, can't be doing with fussy headgear lol! Just got to find the exact shade of coral flowers for my hair, eek! xxx

I absolutely LOVE the hair style! :eek: You'll look gorgeous !!

... oh, and I'm still waiting for those promised knees.... *taps foot*

... I have to wonder why all of us are so excited about pictures of knees... think we've all gone nuts.

Am hoping it suits me Minerva, will be a bit late if it doesn't lol!! Also hoping it will stay put all day and night! Can see me having to invest in freeze hold hairspray (hate products in my hair - makes it feel dirty lol!).

Okay, will drop my pj's and take a photo now. Hope you've not had breakfast, ha! ;)

Lol, glad you're all nuts. Who wants to be normal?! xxx

That hair is beautiful love it!! Dress is lovely too

I want long hair but it goes kind of old lady wispy if it goes past my shoulders!!! I'm trying it again though growing it again...then I get it cut into a bob, then I grow it again etc...!

Hearing you on living beyond your means i'm so sick of having no money!!!

Am just hoping everything goes to plan Lou (any one would think it's my wedding lol!!). Picking the dress and shoes up later. Or could end up with something completely different, or nothing at all. When I need something I can't find it, and when I don't, there's so many things I'd love!

My hair is very fine too, I wear clip in extensions for special occasions!! I had bonded extensions years ago and they totally ruined my hair. NEVER ever would I have them again!

I know I hate it! Never been so skint! Strange how that happened around the same time I had Max. He's a very expensive commodity, lol!! ;)

xxx

Eeeeeeh! You found someone to do the hair? Thats brilliant! I was hoping you would! Its gonna be SUPER gorgeous! :D :D And I love the dress. Both of them..Peri, yours is gorgeous too. Soooo pretty. Im not a dress sorta person but only because I feel uncomfortable in them and I cant hide my flab. lol. Ive got TONS of loose skin and its just not pretty. LOL. Im not sure what I will wear to my friend's wedding in August. I will have to start thinking about it now. I can say though that a fascinator will NOT be happening...and I get to pass because Im American, right? Haha. :p I just find them silly!

I remember when we were in the states just before my wedding and I was with my mother, trying to find her a Mother of the Bride sorta dress. And she found a lovely dress...and was in the changing room...and there was an English woman (on her hols) in the dressing room too...about the same age as mom. And they started to chat and all I remember hearing was the lady saying "...and a hat. Of course you MUST wear a lovely hat....." its such a british/english thing.....fascinators and hats for weddings! Haha Love it!

Anyway. Im glad youre counting cals now. you're so close to your goal weight, that i dont think you would really benefit from SnS much now anyway. You dont want to lose more muscle than fat...and you want to tone. Counting cals will let you do that! So yay! xx

Poor Max! Seriously...our kids have been nothing but sick this year, eh? Insane! Zoe's still snotty from her last bout of cold...and her cough had been gone but last night she had a little coughing fit. Bless them. Bring on the warmer weather, eh? x

Speaking of our babies...theyre ALMOST ONE...OMG!!! Im doing Zoe's cake, too. Im going to do Gaston the Ladybird from Ben and Holly's little kingdom. I wanted to a ladybird as he's an established character she will recognize him and it gives me something to follow! haha. What are you doing for Max?

View attachment 85938

Yep, she comes recommended Kelly, so I'm hoping she's good, and actually turns up! It'll be a mad rush if she doesn't!
Fingers crossed re the dress too - I've seen it in store, and held it up against me so I know it's not too short. BUT, what it looks like on is another matter!
Loving Peri's too - it's stunning!

I used to avoid dresses too, but now I have my ankles back I'm going to risk it! May have to get some duct tape to hold up the knees tho, lol! ;)

I know! Us and our hats! Honestly, I don't get it either. I've worn one in my whole life. I have a lovely cashmere baby-pink beret for winter, which is gathering dust in the wardrobe. Can't see me ever wearing it so no idea why I bought it!

That's what I was worried about - losing the muscle too. Going to be doing lots of walking and some Zumba now to try to tone up as much as poss, tho I fear I may have left it too late. Oh well, too late to worry about it now!

Yep, truly sick to death of it! He's had breakfast, but what the rest of the day will bring I have no idea! We really need warmer weather to get rid of these winter bugs! Apparently, it's going to be heading towards 20 degrees come the weekend - how true that is, I have no idea, so I'm not holding out much hope!
Hope yours are getting better daily?

I now! Crazy madness! I can still remember everything SO clearly, and it's scary where this year has gone!
I've ordered 30x30cm iced sponge which I'm going to decorate (don't trust myself to get the icing really smooth!). Going to add a couple of large toppers (a cute blue & white elephant and then some balloons and stars on silver sticks) at the back of the cake, and going to order a transfer so I can put his photo on the cake. Then add his name, and add little stars in varying shades of blue all over. I've got the image in my head so fingers crossed it turns out okay! I did his Christening cake, so I'm confident I can do it (I think!).

Yikes a ladybird! That'll be fantastic! But I wouldn't know where to start so well done you! I'm okay with the basics, but give me anything complicated and I could cry lol!!

xxx

You asked for it, so here it is, my wrinkly knee (I have two of them, but didn't think you needed to see both, ha!) ;)

knee.jpg

Arrrrrgghhhh! Trying to upload a couple of pics of Max's Christening cake but it won't let me! Will try later :) xxx

Attachments

• IMG_0970.jpg
    IMG_0970.jpg
    634.3 KB · Views: 20
your knees are fine. ..theyre normal. !!!!! i think youre under the impression that theyre supposed to be..like..bony. and theyre not. thats just what people like Victoria beckham's knees look like because they are skeletal and sick looking! haha yours look like KNEES. there is nothing wrong with them! hahah dafty! xxxxxx Knees are just ugly things, fullstop. Theyre...weird. HAHA. :p

That cake is lovely!! The very first bday cake I made for Tabitha was a hilarious, sad, train wreck of a thing. OH it was ghastly. HAHA. But her second one was quite cute considering Im not a baker and I have no experience with cake decorating. LOL.

Ooh caaaaaake!!! I'm obsessed with learning to bake at the moment. My mam is not into cooking/baking and I didn't do home economics so I didn't pick it up. I'm getting Mary Berry's Baking Bible for my birthday :) The cake you made looks class! Bet it was yummy too!!!

Your knees!!! They're normal!!! If you wanna make yourself feel better look up Angelina Jolie's knees. NOW they are funny looking!

Your knees are totally normal haha I was expecting them to look worse than that you silly!!! Funny how e get hung up on bits of ourselves, used to be my thighs in my teens, then belly after the kids and now double chin!!!

Beaut cake!!! I like making cakes too but find it stressful if it's for a public occasion and I always have wrinkly fondant!!!!

your knees are fine. ..theyre normal. !!!!! i think youre under the impression that theyre supposed to be..like..bony. and theyre not. thats just what people like Victoria beckham's knees look like because they are skeletal and sick looking! haha yours look like KNEES. there is nothing wrong with them! hahah dafty! xxxxxx Knees are just ugly things, fullstop. Theyre...weird. HAHA. :p

That cake is lovely!! The very first bday cake I made for Tabitha was a hilarious, sad, train wreck of a thing. OH it was ghastly. HAHA. But her second one was quite cute considering Im not a baker and I have no experience with cake decorating. LOL.

Haha! Nooooooooooooo, I don't want bony, I just don't want wrinkly either, lol!! ;)
I've bought some fake bake - a tan usually covers up some imperfections!!

Aww, well you do get better with practice! I'm not a great baker, but I do like decorating. Not always a success but at least we have a go, eh!!

xxx

Ooh caaaaaake!!! I'm obsessed with learning to bake at the moment. My mam is not into cooking/baking and I didn't do home economics so I didn't pick it up. I'm getting Mary Berry's Baking Bible for my birthday :) The cake you made looks class! Bet it was yummy too!!!

Your knees!!! They're normal!!! If you wanna make yourself feel better look up Angelina Jolie's knees. NOW they are funny looking!

Lol Peri!! I like to bake, not entirely brilliant at it but I like the decorating part the best. I've just arranged what I need to decorate Max's next cake, so fingers crossed it works out well.

Try Death By Chocolate, that is AMAZING, and really easy to make. People will think you're the next Nigella!!
Got the recipe if you want it! :)

Lol, just googled Jolie's knees. Bloody heck, no way! I thought she was pretty perfect, but no way would I want those horrors! Poor Brad having to wake up to them every day. Mind you, what he'd be doing that far down the bed beggars belief ;)

Feeling better now I've seen those yacky things she's got stuck in the middle of her legs!

xxx

Back