Jades Diary - Third Time Lucky!

jade.s

Started a while back now and kept a food diary but accidentally chucked it away :-( so starting again, I have a weeks worth of a diary to update on here, I find it will motivate me myself to share it with others and to look back at it just encase I loose this new paper diary, hope you don't mind me back tracking and updating a whole week in one shot!

I am not the most healthiest person obviously, why I am trying to loose weight, and last week I realised I hadn't eaten enough fruit so today I did a big shop, got loads more healthy food, last week which I have shown here was a bad week in terms of eating for me, I stopped exercising swell which was something I did every day, I have got back on my exercising regime and feel tons better!

Monday -
2 rye crispbreads - 69 cals
chili con carne - 432 cal

Tuesday -
2 shredded wheat - 153 cals
1 steak with salad 244 cals
2 celery

Wednesday -
Plain chicken salad -127 cals
1 packet of snack a jacks - 99 cals
1 Juice - 156 cals
1 banana
Mediterranean chicken with broccoli - 182 cals

Thursday -
1 rye crispbread - 33 cals
1 snack a jacks - 99 cals
Lasagne and salad - 400 cals

Friday -
1 chicken salad - 172 cals
1 korma - 472 cals
2 onion bhaji - 256 cals
1 naan bread - 156 cals
(Friends birthday take away night, I was good and brought my own lowish cal food from supermarket instead of pizza and burgers)

Saturday -
Still full up from friday!
Snack a jacks, (the single ones) 246 cals
Ice lolly 60 cals
chicken and nachos - 350 cals

Sunday -
(Another friends birthday meal grr)
Nandos!!
1/4 chicken - 317 cals
Spicy rice - 197 cals
Mixed leaf salad - 20 cals
Exercise - 45 mins of cardio - burnt 300 cals

-------------------

Today! Monday
1 mini pitta with lettuce and chicken - 100 cals
1 snack a jacks 41 cals
Shepherd's pie and salad - 339 cals
1 Banana / 1 orange

Last edited:
Hello! Welcome :)
One thing I will say though, is that your calorie intake seems quite low most days. You should not go below 1000 a day. Trust me, I have done that in the past and whilst it works in the short-term, it did me no favours in the long run and actually made me put on weight in the end as it is not sustainable!
Posting here will definitely keep you on track though :)

Hello, my calorie intake should be 1200 a day (doctors guidance) but on most days I am not hungry and cant force feed myself to up the calorie intake, it just varies from day to day, sometimes i go over 1200 cals a day, sometimes I'm under, I am in no way starving myself or making sure I don't eat, I love food hehe just some days for some reason I cant eat much but I am gaining my appetite back now
Thanks for the advice :) xxx

Ive been existing on 500 to 600 cals a day for 14 weeks now, and have lost 50lb. I take a vitamin and a cod liver oil every day, but ive had no bad side effects from it, i feel fine. I get the odd day when i feel a bit weak, but nothing too bad. I also swim alot and have started a very gentle regime at the gym.

If it gets the weight off you quickly and you can then maintain that weight loss, then go for it. If on the other hand though you go back to your bad eating habits, then you will find that the weight will very quickly return and you might find it harder to lose the second time around.

You have less than 40lb to lose, so as long as you are aware that you need to keep your calorie intake well under control once you have lost the weight, then im sure you will be fine, just invest in some vitamin supplement.

The only problem with starting so low is that it doesnt leave you a lot of leeway, but if you can stick at it, good for you!

Thanks hun, I defiantly will stick to it, I love the food I am eating, as a student I only used to eat pot noodles, mcdonalds, 50p pizzas hehe, but now I have found a love for food, not in the old comfort eating way, but I love to try new foods, cook, use new ingredients and so on :)
I also took your advice to my doctor about the low carbs swell and he suggested I lowered it to around 120 carbs a day at first and then if that still isn't working to continue to lower it slowly, I also have had some tests done as he thinks I have a underactive thyroid which would explain my massive weight gain and slow metabolism!
Your kind words are very motivating and your 50lb loss is inspiring, well done you!

Hey Hun,

Im so happy that I have found your diary as I feel I can relate to it.
Im the same as yourself with the whole eating under 1200 calories.

Thing is I dont even feel hungry so why force myself to eat so many calories???
Ive been doing the calorie counting for about 7 weeks now, But before the calorie counting I did 2 weeks of slimmers too, and just couldnt seem to get back into it. As I felt I wasnt on a diet as I was eating for the sake of it.... But lost around 4lb on SW

Ive lost a stone up to now doing the calorie counting! And I feel great! Im 10st2lb but want to be at least 9stone.

You should check out my diary! Enjoyed reading yours so far.
x:princess:x

Last edited:
Hey, wow really, im happy to see i am not alone on the not hungry front! well done for your weight loss thats fantastic! i defiantly will be reading your diary :) xx

my cc diary

Having to do a weekly update instead of daily I'm afraid!

Tuesday -
2 Shredded wheat - 153 cals
Mini pitta and lettuce - 100 cals
1 Snack a jacks - 99 cals
Natural yoghurt and fruit - 150 cals
Chicken salad - 300 cals
Cardio - 45 mins - 300 cals burned

Wednesday -
2 Shredded wheat - 153 cals
2 Snack a jacks - 86 cals
Yogurt and fruit - 150 cals
Chicken and salad - 277 cals
upper body - 30 mins - 119 cals burned

Thursday -
Didn't write down what I wrote oops, but a calorie intake of 1000 cals

Friday -
2 Shredded wheat -153 cals
Yoghurt and fruit - 150 cals
friends birthday, bad bad day on the calorie front, ate 1 burger and some carrots, but then drank quite a bit of wine :( thinking about giving up drinking but at 19 and LOVE partying I'm finding it hard to say no, but I hate the lack of control I have over calories when drinking so I think I have too!

Saturday -
1 snack a jack - 41 cals
1 yogurt and fruit - 150 cals
lasagne and salad - 377 cals

Sunday -
mini pitta and salad - 100 cals
2 snack a jacks - 82 cals
Roast dinner (oops)
Will be doing around 45-60 mins cardio after having a bad Friday and a roast today so hopefully burn around 300-500 cals

Hey, wow really, im happy to see i am not alone on the not hungry front! well done for your weight loss thats fantastic! i defiantly will be reading your diary :) xx

Hey hun!

Yep your not alone at all! Thank you so much :D and yeah check it out.

x

jades cc diary / weigh in

I have been calorie counting and exercising nearly everyday since 27th july 2010, I hardly saw any weight loss at all and gave up weighing myself as it usually just depressed me, however tempted by the wii fit scales today after doing half an hour yoga morning workout, it said i had lost 6 pounds in 3 weeks! I really hope its true, I then weighed myself on my "dodgy" scales which gives of different readings depending on where its placed, but that also said i was 11 stone 2 pounds like the wii scales, so hoping it is right!

Last edited:
ouch!!

Yesterday I decided I needed to step it up in terms of exercising again, at the start I did it everyday and thats when I lost a few inches off around my body, I slowly lost motivation and started to only do it a few days a week, so yesterday in the morning I did 45 mins cardio, then at night I set out to do half hour upper body then half hour core body, unfortunately my ankle gave way, I heard this snapping and cracking noise, made me feel sick! I thought I had broken my ankle and fell to the floor crying like a wee baby!! Luckily it seems I have just pulled or snapped a muscle in my ankle, I am all bandaged up and now cannot exercise for 4 months :( This is the worst thing that could happen to someone trying to loose weight, by exercising, totally gutted!!
I wont give up, I am just going to work on my tummy area and do weights, and hopefully in a few weeks I could start light cardio :(

------
weeks 3-5 : 6 lbs lost!!
weeks 5-7 : another 6 lbs loss?

Last edited:
Monday -
dinner - 277 cals
yoghurt and fruit - 150 cals
60 mins core body work out - 116 cals burnt

Tuesday -
snack a jacks - 99 cals
yoghurt and fruit - 150 cals
tiny amount of lamb (fat taken off) with lots of salad - 200 cals

Wednesday -
2 slices of watermelon - 36 cals
Pasta and salad lunch - 300 cals
Tikka - 424 cals
half hour of upper body and half hour of core body exercise - 178 cals burnt

Thursday -
Cardio in the morning 45 mins - 277 cals
2 shredded wheat with 4 strawberries - 160 cals
1 salad (some onion, loads of lettuce, cucumber and a TINY amount of cheese) - 80 cals
Wedges and chicken and salad - 300 cals
- Attempted to work out again at night, slipped and tore all the tendons in my ankle , cant exercise for months :(

Friday -
Shredded wheat with strawberries - 160 cals
1 salad (onion, lettuce, cucumber) - 80 cals
chicken and pepper dinner with salad - 360 cals
1 snack a jack - 41 cals
yoghurt and grapes/strawberries - 150 cals

around 3,500 calories all together for the week so far

week 1 - 2lb lost
week 2 - llb lost
week 3 - llb lost
week 4 - 2lb lost
week 5 - llb lost
week 6 - 2lb lost
week 7 - lb lost

Last edited:
Thanks hun, actually now you have mentioned it, I haven't been calorie counting everyday as in adding the totals up, I just knew what food was low in calories and knew I wouldn't go over my 1000-1200 mark but now just looking back and adding up the calories everyday I consume, I am really shocked at how little I am eating :confused: I always just assumed because I felt like I was eating loads because I would have a hefty salad that filled me, loads of fruit and good balance dinner I was pretty filled up instead of what I used to eat which would just be junk food all the time that never filled me. I think from looking back I am going to eat a bit more and up those calories up! Don't want to starve myself and gain it all back on!
Big thanks for bringing that to my attention!

Defiantly not, I have been feeling a bit peckish recently and a bit weak so looking forward to having a couple of extra treats hehe :)

Hello all! Hope everyone is doing well on the CC :)
Continuing from my last post - having a bad week already for eating, trying to get back on the routine of lots of fresh fruit and veg but I'm craving junk food at the mo, (TOTM) so been filling up on snack a jacks but at 41 cals each, not too bad.

Saturday
2 shredded wheat - 160 cals
1 packet of baked crisps nomnom - 99 cals
Plain salad, lettuce, cucumber, onion - 150 cals
Small amount of lamb (fat removed), sweetcorn, lettuce, beans and 2 new potatoes (not sure on how many calories that would be?)
Fruit for dessert - 40 cals

Sunday
Soup - 99 cals
Fruit and yogurt - 150 cals
Lasagne and salad - 400 cals

Monday
mexican chili and wedges for dinner with salad - 277 cals
a whooole load of booze, god knows how many calories i consumed from wine, was my friends birthday, really trying to give up but i didn't eat much that day so maybe it will even out :ashamed0005:

Tuesday
1 banana
1 peach
Chicken and broccoli and new potatoes - 277 cals

Last edited:
Jades diary / a stone nearly lost yay!

YIPEEEEEEE, I am in the 10 stone range!!

I bravely weighed myself today after having a whole lot of liquid calories one day during the week, :party0036: which turned into me drunk eating a few mini sausages covered in dip, oops I thought *I'm sure I have gained a pound or two*, especially because its my TOTM.

Anyway, got on the wii fit scales and it said i am 10 stone 12 pounds :woohoo: I have lost 3 pounds in 6 days, which is the most amount of weight I have lost in a short amount of time, I am chuffed.

My BMI is also now 26.99 according to the wii scales, and I am now 1 lb of loosing a whole stone in around 8 weeks :D

week 1 - 2lb lost
week 2 - llb lost
week 3 - llb lost
week 4 - 2lb lost
week 5 - llb lost
week 6 - 2lb lost
week 7 - lb lost
week 8- 3lb lost!
*1 lb off loosing a stone*
week 9 -

Last edited:
Back