Jade's Getting Slim for Summer 2013

I used to love maggies garlic one was lovely but havent had it for ages! :rolleyes:

Your low syns amaze me lol. Do u weigh Monday?

Yep, weigh in is Monday! Being really good this week after letting myself go abit last week so hoping for a nice loss - aiming to have lost a stone by end of April (5.5lbs to go). I try and keep my syns low during the week then I can treat myself at the weekend and I find it really easy to stay structured during the week whilst i'm at work but weekends are so much harder! x

I'm guessing you highly recommend the Maggi packets? Every time the advery comes on my boyfriend is like "OMG PLEASE CAN WE GET IT" and I was worried about the syns but clearly they're ok :)

Yes! I was never a massive fan of chicken before but we usually have Maggi's once a week now. Its easy to prepare and keeps the chicken so moist and plus its sooo tasty! It's usually on offer at Asda (not sure where you shop). Most of the 'So Juicy' range is low in syns but stay away from the 'So Crispy' as they are ridiculously high in syns! x

I used to love maggies garlic one was lovely but havent had it for ages! :rolleyes:

Never tried the garlic one, is it yummy? I always stock up when they are on offer x

Yeah I agree week days are much easier.

I haven't tried anything so juicy so might have to buy some next time I do my shopping. They sound nice!

Had the Sweet and Sour one tonight, was really yummy... probably our favourite actually! Didn't end up having my potatoes as they took so look to cook and didn't want them by the time they were ready so my other half ate them all instead!

05/04/2013 - Extra Easy Day

Breakfast
- 1 WW Toffee Yogurt, 1 Alpen Light Cereal Bar (3syns), 1 tangerine

Lunch - 4 Ryvita Original Crispbread (hexb) topped with 60g Low Low Cheese Spread (hexa), 1 WW Vanilla Yogurt, handful of cherry tomatoes

Dinner
- Pasta n Sauce Cheese, Leek & Ham (1syn)

Snacks
- 2 cans Diet Coke, 11g Sachet of Options Hot Chocolate (2syns) mixed into 170g Total 0% Greek Yogurt and served with strawberries for dipping, 1 Kinder Mini Chocolate Bar (3.5syns)

Total Weekly Syns
- 27.5/70
Total Weekly Exercise (working towards Bronze Body Magic) - 0/45

Last edited:
How chocolatey is that yogurt and options? I might give that a go.

Foods looking good, I really want chilli now.

How chocolatey is that yogurt and options? I might give that a go.

Foods looking good, I really want chilli now.

Its quite chocolatey and its a nice thick texture. The recipe says to add a little hot water to the hot chocolate and make it into a runny paste before stirring it through the yogurt and it also says to add sweetner to your taste but I didn't last time. Really recommend it for 2 syns!

Ok, so the chilli idea for dinner went out the window. My oh had already ate before he went to the gym so now only wants a snack. Think I'm going to have Pasta n Sauce Cheese Leek and Ham (1syn) and maybe an apple afterwards.

Oh no, that sounded yummy too. That looks lovely I must try it!

06/04/2013 - Extra Easy Day

Breakfast
- 1 Special K Chewy Delight Cereal Bar (hexb)

Lunch - As it was nice weather, my oh treated me to lunch at the local Sizzling pub. I didn't stay on plan and had a Rump Steak Brown Bagette topped with onion and cheese with Chips and Salad. Think I will put 40syns aside as the steak would be free and will use my hexa for the cheese.

Dinner
- Fruit salad (strawberries, kiwi, apple) topped with 1 WW Vanilla Yogurt

Snacks
- 2 cans Diet Coke, 1 Mug Shot Tomato & Herb, 1 WW Toffee Yogurt, 2 Babybel Light (4syns)

Total Weekly Syns - 71.5/70
Total Weekly Exercise (working towards Bronze Body Magic) - 0/45

For some reason when I am eating out, I really struggle to keep up my willpower and make good choices. I always regret it afterwards and worry that it might have affected my weigh in. How does everyone else manage this?

Me either it all goes out the window when I'm out cause theres always alcohol involved and i just cant say no then it all goes wrong :(

I totally know what you mean hun, I managed to stay away from the alcohol as I'd promised myself a weekend party free. I know there are are a hell of a lot of worse choices I could of made and hopefully it won't have hindered my weight loss but I know there was better choices I should have made. I have drawn a line under it though and will stay focused until weigh in on Monday! x

Ok, so the in-laws have asked us out for a walk and then dinner later at a local pub which means another struggle to stay on plan but I have decided that today I WILL make a SW friendly choice!!

07/04/2013 - Extra Easy Day

Breakfast - 1 WW Vanilla Yogurt, 2 Alpen Light Cereal Bar (hexb)

Lunch - fruit salad (strawberries, apple, kiwi)

Dinner - Mushroom pepper pot, garlic bread, coleslaw, salad

... Ok so I didn't make the best food optimising friendly choice at the pub tonight even though I said I would do. I did however do a 5hr walk so not too disappointed!

Last edited:
I cant ever pick bad choices when out..the guilt overwhelms me so I always scan frantically for a healthy choice on the menu and ask for no dressings etc...I've not had a very mnaughty day once in 3 months, but I promised myself i would for our anniversary in 3 weeks (even booked WI Day as holiday so I wouldn't ruin our day together by worrying about it.)

Don't beat yourslef up, just try get that superfree in, maybe even some super speed food?? You'll be amazed how replacing 2-3 meals a week with superspeed will make you feel!

Don't worry hun I think we all do it when it comes to eating out. I think my mind frame is always, "I'm paying for this food and its a treat to not cook so I should pick something I really want". Easter weekend aside I've managed to do research for most pubs in my area for the lowest syn option and most of them are really yummy. I'm sure all the body magic will sort it out :) x

Back