Jade's Journey To A Slimmer, Healthier Me! (Pictures etc.)

That really is magnificent!

Did you exercise before?

You diary has inspired me to begin exercising! I'm worried if I start swimming it'll affect my weight loss in a negative way due to muscle use but it seems to have the opposite affect for you

May I also have the recipe for the SW tikka masala please? xx

Exercise will only ever really give you a temporary gain, unless you start doing real hard muscle building. The exercise lessens so much building muscle as minimising the amount of muscle that you lose while on your diet.

Muscle takes more energy to maintain and nourish than fat does. If you lose muscle (and to a lesser extent fat) you reduce how many calories your body burns just to keep itself alive. This means that unless you maintain muscle mass your body it wont take much for your body to put on weight.

I lost sixty pounds in sixteen weeks doing SW and Couch to5K running programme combined....

I've lost 5lbs this week so a total of 5 stone 11.5lbs in 17 weeks and 18 WI's!
:)
Thrilled! Got my 5 and a half stone award too!

Really amazing. I keep trying to get myself inspired by your amazing portion control. I have the diet down to a tee, but i dont have the portion control. We started at more or less the same time...

Right really need to start doing my days on here.. just keep forgetting LOL

Anyway today:

Breakfast was a fruit salad consisting of apple, melon, strawberries and banana

Lunch: Spaghetti on 1 bit of 400g wholemeal toast with salad

Dinner: Homemade spaghetti and meatballs in a sort of tomato home made syn free sauce thing.. with a salad and the other 400g wholemeal toast with butter frylight and garlic puree (1 syn)

Just wanted to say you are doing amazing :):)

Thank you so much :)

I love all the support I gain whilst on here it feels so amazing to know people are behind you

Hi jade , i am from the 18's room . Was well jel of your weekly losses so having a butchers at your food diary. Brilliant to read and you are so very positive. My weight has stuck the same for 3 weeks and i only manage 1/to 2lb losses anyway. Having looked at your diary i have realised that i am not moving an ounce as much as you. I have to pull my finger out and get rid of this weight.

You have done so amazing so far. You are inspirational x

And i have written down what you have been wating :0)

gazter said:
Exercise will only ever really give you a temporary gain, unless you start doing real hard muscle building. The exercise lessens so much building muscle as minimising the amount of muscle that you lose while on your diet.

Muscle takes more energy to maintain and nourish than fat does. If you lose muscle (and to a lesser extent fat) you reduce how many calories your body burns just to keep itself alive. This means that unless you maintain muscle mass your body it wont take much for your body to put on weight.

I lost sixty pounds in sixteen weeks doing SW and Couch to5K running programme combined....

Thank you for your advice, I just assumed working out would gain muscle and therefore gain weight

I really want to start the C25K programme and intend to once I've established the issue I have with my back, I have an MRI scan on Friday so I think by 1st August I'll know if I can start it or if it'll cause too much aggravation

Ive started swimming today - did 36 lengths without a break this evening. I'm hoping to go 4 times a week and hope that helps for the moment

jade.xoxo said:
Thank you so much :)

I love all the support I gain whilst on here it feels so amazing to know people are behind you

Hiya, may I have the recipe for the Tikka Masala please hun

I've not been on her in a week - so congratulations on your awards Jade!! AMAZING work:D You must be so proud of yourself - and rightly so too.

Thank you everyone :) Todays Menu:

Breakfast: 35g Shredded Wheat Bitesize with strawberries and grapes

Lunch: Mixed leaf salad with a load of other things and a yoghurt with a nectarine after

Dinner: Chicken wrapped in bacon with roasted new potatoes, veg and gravy (my new favourite dinner!)

Hi Jade :)

I've just read this whole diary and I am so impressed by your weight loss, your attitude and your commitment. You are doing a fantastic job! Huge well done to you xx

Thank you Pickle!

Todays plan:

Breakfast: Huge fruit salad :)
Lunch: Left over chicken tikka massala with a salad
Dinner: Homemade burger in my HEB with cheese (HEA) chips and salad :)

Sorry guys, had things going on with university and my sister moving out all week!! Havent been online.. -_-

BUTTT..... I lost 4.5lbs this week and got my 6.5 stone award!!!

jade.xoxo said:
Sorry guys, had things going on with university and my sister moving out all week!! Havent been online.. -_-

Well done you! That's amazing in such a short time

jade.xoxo said:

Wow wow and wow you are bloody amazing x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

My first day at home today after all the havoc of last week :) so...

Breakfast: Porridge (HEB) and fruit
Lunch: Chicken tikka salad with a glass of milk (HEA)
Dinner: Roast chicken with broccoli, brussel sprouts and roasted garlic new potatoes.

:)

Back