Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

Puddings Jaffa Cakes

Discussion in 'Slimming World Recipes' started by Pootler, 4 March 2011 Social URL.

1. Pootler

Pootler Full Member

It was probably a mistake to make these because I can't stop eating them. ;) Jaffa cakes aren't too bad calorie-wise but these work out as fewer syns than real jaffa cakes and I actually think they're nicer.

Unfortunately I was making this up as I went along, so I'm not EXACTLY sure of how I made the filling. But this recipe should work.

I used Dutch 'eierkoeken' for the base. But ASDA's individual mini flan bases are about the same calories and will work just as well. Better probably.

You need:

100 g dark chocolate - get the lowest calorie one you can find.
    2 sachets sugar free orange jelly powder
    3 tablespoons sweetner
    3 sheets of gelatine
    2 tablespoons lemon juice
    And I used about 180 ish grams worth of cake.

Making them is super easy.

1. Put the jelly powder and gelatine in a jug. Make up to 400 ml with boiling water and the lemon juice. Make sure everything is completely dissolved - a spell in the microwave will help.

2. Put the jelly in the fridge to set for about 45 - 90 minutes. You want it to be thick, gloopy and wobbly but still pourable. If you leave it too long, just put it in the microwave for a very short time.

3. Put your cakes on greaseproof paper on a plate or tray. Divide the jelly over your cakes. Put them in the fridge to set. (I actually put each cake in the microwave for a few seconds first so that the jelly melted a bit and soaked into the cake.)

4. Melt the chocolate. Divide over the cakes and spread out evenly. It should be a very thin layer. Put them back into the fridge to set.

5. Cut them into portions if you like. You'll need to work out your own syn values, but it's a straight 20 cals per syn conversion I think.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.