Jaly's SF Maintenance Diary!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haha, I didn't read it in that way, don't worry ;) I do know my tables (ish!) though for some reason I keep writing 3 cubed as being 9.. oopsie! My sister learnt her tables at school through having to sing an awful 'times table' song at the start and end of every Maths lesson, lol :p

My Mum has to go in hospital tomorrow to have some injections in her back as her op was unsuccessful :( Quite nervous for her though.

That's the 'song thing' I mean - kind of sing-song and boring, but very effective!

Ah - hope your mum is OK tomorrow. xxxx

hi hun just subscribibg x

Sent from my GT-I9300 using MiniMins

oh darling! Sorry to hear mummykins isn't feeling her best and that the OP didn't work! Nothing worse than thinking something will work only to be told is hasn't. Sending my love to her <3

Morning hunnie.. Good luck for your Mam.. Hope she's ok..
How's your Grandad's foot/ankle? x

Thank you xx I've asked my step-dad to text me to let me know how she gets on so I'll let you know..

My Grandad, well, it's broken and he was told not to drive (but he still is, lol) - and he's refused to have it put in a cast so he's just going to let it heal and not walk on it for 4 weeks, he can't afford to have the time off work so he's going to go in and do the paperwork/office stuff (he's an engineer) :)

oh darling! Sorry to hear mummykins isn't feeling her best and that the OP didn't work! Nothing worse than thinking something will work only to be told is hasn't. Sending my love to her <3

Thanks Sarah! x

She's actually been told that it's doubtful that these injections will work too :( but they have to try it before considering another op

Oh thats so rubbish sweetie!

I hate being ill/in pain and im the worst patient ever! I actually get man flu! ;)

The only time i was a good patient was when i ruptured my ovary! Everyone ran around after me in hospital and they had a new catering company come in and the food was amaze balls! I didnt want to come home and i hate hospitals!

Anyway i hope there is something else they can try and do for her or give her some kick ass painkillers ;)

Fruit/veg: 6/5
Dairy: 3/2
Protein: 2/2
Fats/oils: 1/1
Treats: 2/2
Healthy Snacks: 2/2
Carbs: 4/4

Breakfast: Apple, Apple + Blueberry porridge
Morning: Tropical fruit salad
Lunch: White bread roll, Tomato soup
Afternoon: Pear, Vanilla yog
Dinner: Spag bol made with wholewheat spaghetti, lean mince and mushrooms with a little bit of grated cheese :)
Supper: Satsuma, Raisin/sultana/apple/cranberry porridge with handful of nuts
Treats: Funsize milkyway, Caramac bar, Frube

Last edited:
Wow you seem to have a lot going on Jaly. I hope everything works out for your mum.
Your day looks really good. I love your colour coding!

Jaly said:
She's alright, in a lot of pain though, just chilling on the sofa!

Eaten way too much today I reckon though as I've eaten 'just for the sake of it,' ah well, could've been worse i suppose but I feel rubbish for it :/

Hopefully your Mums op was more successful this time. She'll need to keep the pain killers topped up though.
I'm so glad you are not stressing over food, you're more relaxed, you've enough going on in your life! Well done, keep up the good work xx

Thank you ladies :) xx I'll be sure to take good care of her, hehe :p 2-lesson day, yay!

Fruit/veg: 8/5
Carbs: 4/4
Dairy: 2/2
Protein: 2/2
Treats: 2/2
Fats/oils: 1/1
Healthy snacks: 2/2

Brekkie: Golden syrup porridge
Morning: Tropical fruit salad, Apple
Lunch: Wholewheat pasta, Ex. light philly, Ham, Mixed veg
Dessert: Banana, Plain yog, Nuts
Afternoon: 2 Ryvita fruit crunch, 2 Satsumas
Dinner: Birdseye sweet bbq chicken chargrill, Broccoli + Cauliflower
Dessert: WW fromage frais, Milkyway
Supper:Porridge with cranberry sauce, Boulder cereal with tiny splash of SS milk (far too sweet though, urgh!), WW ginger crunch cookies

Last edited:
Hope you mum is doing ok, those injections do not sound pleasant. I'm not a fan of hospitals either, even though I work in one! You would have thought I would have been de-sensitised over the years.

Food looking good. Are you still finding the portion tracking is helping? Have you weighed again to see if you have managed to gain a little bit or at least stop losing?

Hope you made the most of your 2 lesson day to have some time "off". You always seem to be on the go - it sometimes makes me dizzy just reading about it!

That'd be the day! Lol.

She's in a lot of pain, she even says she'd rather give birth again because at least that way she knows the pain will end - to which I reminded her of the last 16 years of her life and we concluded that no, the pain of childbirth never ends :p

I don't mind hospitals but I am a bit screamish and I have a HUGE phobia of needles, honestly, I actually feel genuinely sorry for the nurse/doctor trying to give me a blood test!

As for the portion tracking, I'm not sure as there's so much scope for example, a portion of carbs could be counted as 40g of pasta or 100g of pasta! I suppose as a guideline which is all I'm using it for it isn't bad, I weighed myself at 7st 7.4lbs last Sunday so will weigh again on Sun to see if there's any difference.

A break.. hmm! I went and did the shopping, came home, organised all of my notes for all of my subjects, did my Maths homework, cooked myself lunch, had a bath, cooked everyone else tea, cooked my tea and voila :p

I made everyone else macaroni cheese with bacon to go with the chicken chargrills and was intending to make myself cauliflower/broccoli cheese as I had pasta for lunch but in the end I just couldn't be bothered lol :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back