Treats: 2/2
Dairy: 2/2
Protein: 2/2
Fats/oils: 1/1
Carbs: 4/4
Healthy Snacks: 2/2

Pear, Banana, Original OSS
Apple

Low-fat Admiral's crumble (Usually I hate microwave meals but this one was delish!), Pollock in a parsley sauce with mashed potato crumble topping, Cauliflower, Peas, Carrots, Broccoli
Activia yog, Weetabix oat bar, Orange
Wholemeal toast with olive spread, Soft boiled egg, Mixed veg
Frube yog
Milkyway, 1 WW ginger cookie, 1 choc chip biscuit
Original OSS, Peanuts, Raisins

Well, it's been quite a hectic day to say the least. Haven't really felt like eating but I was determined to make sure I ate enough :) xx Every spare moment I've had all day I've had a psychology textbook at hand, argh! :) Time to chill with some Russell Howard in bed I think :)

Thanks MW :x They're keeping her in over night for observations

I now have all of the addresses so can sort the secret santa out tomorrow :) I was going to leave myself out of it (but Sam refuses to let me do so!) haha, because I'd know who'd been allocated to buy for me, but I've decided than I'll let two people decide between themselves who to buy for out of me and someone else so that I don't know exactly who bought my gift if there'd be people willing to do that? xx

Sounds like a good idea. You definitely should be included.

I definitely agree that you have to be involved in the secret santa if you are organising it! Really couldn't work any other way.

Best wishes for your nan, hope she is doing much better today and can come home.

Got the message - thank you for organising it!!!
Let the christmas planning begin :D

Thanks ladies! Wow, that's been a day and a half! I was in my grandparents' kitchen (with a house full of random ingredients!) and had 9 hungry mouths to feed with no notice! Managed to scrape together a decent meal with dessert though, that being said, I haven't done anything today except prepare food, urgh! She's home and is resting, it's just an infection fortunately but she doesn't look well at all, bless her :( xx

I made 2 cheesy chicken pasta bakes, one with mascarpone and one without (sauces made from scratch!), with garlic bread, green beans and sweet and sour carrots (which tasted amazing - definitely better than normal carrots!) and for dessert I found some limes in the fridge so made a key lime pie and a citrus cheesecake, both of which everyone seemed to love :) Not a big fan of sharp flavours so didn't have any myself though. Time to read the little bro another chapter of Charlie and the choc factory before wrapping some christmas pressies i think!

Fruit/veg: 7/5
Carbs: 4/4
Dairy: 2/2
Protein: 2/2
Fats/oils: 2/1
Treats: 2/2
Healthy snacks: 2/2

Apple, Wholemeal toast with olive spread
Cheesy tomato pasta and chicken bake with mushrooms/onions (fried in olive oil), Sweet and sour carrots, Green beans
Pear, 2 clementines
Golden syrup OSS, 3 squares lindt choc, Milkyway
Strawberry granola, SS milk, Peanuts, Raisins

Last edited:
Dinner for 9 with no notice?? Impressive stuff! Sounds nice. You need to apply for a job on ready steady cook with skills like that! I used to really like the "looking in the fridge and coming up with something" approach to cooking but I haven't really done that in years. I always tend to meal plan and know what is in the fridge and cupboards. I really need to try and make a dent in my kitchen stocks as my cupboards and freezer are croaning at the moment. Maybe I shall have to take inspiration from you and get a bit more creative.

Glad your grandma is back home now, hopefully she will perk up a bit now she is back in familar surroundings. And hopefully you will have some time to yourself to relax this evening, its been a pretty hectic weekend for you.

Indeed, not looking forward to a day of 6 lessons tomorrow, eek! :) Planning on visiting my Nan after school though, just to pop in and make sure she's okay while my Grandad's still at work - i'm sure she'll be fine though, she just needs a bit or a rest.

I am a bit of an experimental chef tbh Atomic but I'm a bit reluctant because my bro/sis aren't too keen on bold flavours and so I have to introduce new things gradually in case they don't like something so they can still eat the rest of the meal :) When making the sauce I just threw in random stuff and tasted as I went, much more fun than following a recipe! :p We usually plan meals in advance so I don't get a chance to do so very often.

Aww, thank you Emm! Nothing spectacular though, honest! A pasta bake is hardly restaurant standard cooking but it was incredibly tasty ;P

I didn't have 'lunch' until about 4 so I didn't have any dinner, just picked at random bits this evening to make up portions :)

Hope everyone's had a fun (and slightly more relaxed than mine!!!) weekend and has a great week!

Feeling like rubbish this morning, totm and that Monday morning feeling even though i don't feel as if I've just had a weekend lol :( Uuuurgh!

Really can't be bothered with tracking food so I don't think I'll bother this week and take the final step back and just make healthier choices wherever poss :) Treated myself to a bacon and cheese wrap for lunch and really didn't enjoy it but ate it because I was hungry :/ The greasiness of it etc was just not pleasant at all!

Last edited:
Not surprised you aren't exactly bouncing with energy today after the weekend you had :/

Good plan about not tracking food this week, though :)

My Mum's really ill and in a terrible mood, I have PILES of homework to do.. urgh! Still managed to find time to read my bro the chapter of charlie and the choc factory though :p Not enjoyed my food at all today tbh, dinner was just some of yesterday's pasta bake but there were no bits of chicken in it, because Mum made chicken drumsticks and they were disgusting, tasted like washing up liquid so I discretely offered them to my bro and warmed up the pasta. Even Mum's green beans and carrots were underdone and really, really crunchy.. ah well, such is life I suppose!

Mind yourself hun and try to make some time for yourself - even if you have to lock your door! Take care xxx

I wish I'd taken your advice sooner Brona! Now I've caught whatever my Mum has wrong with her and I feel like complete and utter rubbish!! Came home early and just want to sleep but I have too much work to do and dinner won't cook itself :(

Not been to karate for three weeks in a row now though! Will need to make sure I go next week even if I feel like crap! ^^

Last edited:
Had quite a chilled morning, lie in as I had only 1 lesson today (woohoo!) got dance rehearsals for pantos tonight (grr) but other than that's it been an alright day despite my bloody cold!

Bit of a comfort food day though! Granola and SS milk for brekkie, Apple, Banana + OSS (just because I was hungry!), Egg, Chips + Mixed veg for lunch and I think I'll probably just have a bowl of soup and a sandwich or something which doesn't require a lot of effort for tea :p My Grandad's probably coming over and will no doubt bring dessert with him, so! ^^

Naptime for now though, I'm so sleepy for some reason! Hope you've all had a fab week ^^

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back