Jamie Oliver: Eat to Save Your Life Tonight (Wed) 10:00pm

Janey,

Hopefully everyone here is taking action to one degree or another but it has certain given food for thought - please excuse the pun! :D

If anyone has £500 to spare, a Lifescan will show the internal fat. A few friends have had them as part of a MOT.

Scary or what...?

We lost KD. Hope she is OK? :(

It's just finished :D I'm here.

Brilliant programme! Very well presented. Now we just need more programmes on how to cook healthily....and I don't mean just for weight loss, I mean what a normal weight person should eat.

It seems that whenever they talk about eating for health (except this programmme), they talk about eating low fat. I want a way of eating (which I think I've got...possibly) that includes healthy fats.

There really isn't a lot of info out there...more for weight reduction, or vice versa. Little on how to just 'be normal' ;) Healthy, fit with veg, fruit and yes.....fats.

After watching that, I certainly don't need to see my insides in order for me to change.... and it showed that even if you're relatively slim you can still be extremely unhealthy (forced my hubby to watch that bit as he thinks he's God's Gift because he's only 12 stone!)

That bit was interesting as was the fitness test where the biggest bloke was quite fit and the slimmest bloke really unfit.

The bottom line is, 'Look after your body; where else can you live?'

Brilliant programme! Very well presented. Now we just need more programmes on how to cook healthily....and I don't mean just for weight loss, I mean what a normal weight person should eat.

Good. We found you. Thought you might have flaked out at the autopsy. LOL

Did you see. 'Cook Yourself Thin' last night? I hadn't seen it before but it was interesting.

If anyone has £500 to spare, a Lifescan will show the internal fat. A few friends have had them as part of a MOT.

Scary or what...?

Ooo where did they get that done... i'm interested in getting my basal metabolic rate tested and somewhere that does that scanning might offer that aswell...

Good. We found you. Thought you might have flaked out at the autopsy. LOL

Did you see. 'Cook Yourself Thin' last night? I hadn't seen it before but it was interesting.

I have recorded it. Might watch it...might not. Trouble is, I don't want to Cook Myself Thin :D I want to Cook Myself Normal :D

That's something Paisley has often said on here. Being slim doesn't necessarily mean you are healthy. Such a fascinating programme. And Jamie presented it in a sort of cool, down to earth, easy to understand manner. :) And I agree Karion, more programmes are needed on how to eat this way, incorporating a range of foods into your diet that are healthy and beneficial, but not necessarily designed for diets. I am sure as more and more people are educated in this way, there will be a demand for such programmes. Jamie has become such a champion for healthy eating!! :)

He sure is a healthy eating champion...no wonder he looks so good. :)

This is what I mean though. There is so much info for how to lose weight....what you should eat to lose weight, but little about what a normal person eats, and how they can adjust meals to make them sensibly healthy. That's what I think anyway.

Getting back to the subject...nah Aurora...I wouldn't have flaked out. I watch Autopsy. Love the programme.

And

Wouldn't it be good if they had cooking programmes like

How to make healthy, tasty lunches for the children.

Cooking healthily for the family on a budget.

That sort of thing.

That's something Paisley has often said on here. Being slim doesn't necessarily mean you are healthy.

Agreed. I think I mentioned on another thread about a programme where they scanned these really slim people who had loads of fat around their organs:eek:
Jamie has become such a champion for healthy eating!! :)

But he really was quite overweight a while ago and much that I have never been disgusted by the look of overweight people, it does suit him being slimmer. Yes, I know that doesn't mean he's unhealthy....but....

He's done a fine job.

And so much better than Gillian McKeith's programmes. We need realistic programmes on what to buy and how to cook it. Not impossible lettuce diets that none of us would ever contemplate! I am sure we will be seeing such programmes. I just hope I don't have nightmares about that dead man tonight! :eek:

And so much better than Gillian McKeith's programmes. We need realistic programmes on what to buy and how to cook it. Not impossible lettuce diets that none of us would ever contemplate! I am sure we will be seeing such programmes. I just hope I don't have nightmares about that dead man tonight! :eek:

OMG yeah. That woman drives me nuts
th_hunter.gif

Exactly...that tomato sauce that he whipped up was fab and extremely quick. Definitely need more programmes about good, wholesome and natural foods that promote good health.

h
ave recorded it. Might watch it...might not. Trouble is, I don't want to Cook Myself Thin :D I want to Cook Myself Normal :D

I take your point KD but I think that their recipes just cut out the sugar, salt and saturated fats from classic recipes. It was an interesting programme.

Like many others, I do worry about keeping the weight off when I get to goal and the ideas on this programme just might help.

My CDC maintains on a SW type of diet.

So pleased you hadn't flaked out. I should have known you were made of sterner stuff!! :D

If you haven't seen this programme....find it anyway you can and WATCH IT! If you're serious about your weight, can't find the motivation or just can't stop yourself from having your goodies....WATCH THIS PROGRAMME!!!!

I've Sky+'d it for the weekend when I've some time! Only half heartedly pressed the record button but now I can't wait!!!!

Exactly...that tomato sauce that he whipped up was fab and extremely quick. Definitely need more programmes about good, wholesome and natural foods that promote good health.
Exactly. Whenever programmes are on talking about healthy food, they tend to really be talking about ways of eating that help you lose weight.

Spray some frylight in the pan. Spread bread with some low calorie margarine.

fine for a dieter, but not really healthy eating for someone who just wants eat 'normally'. There's little info around and it's confusing.

My CDC maintains on a SW type of diet.

I couldn't do that. Just couldn't follow a diet plan now, however free they told me it was. Just want to make my own healthy choices without having to count anything or restrict any food group that is generally considered healthy (as SW does). Again, fine for short term to lose the weight...not forever....not for me anyway.

I think I do okay, but I'm very aware of how little info is out there.

Hi KD,

Have you tried logging on to BBC Food and then Healthy Options.

You will find hundreds of recipes just for maintaining health, not for losing weight. You can even search on two or three ingredients you have in the fridge/cupboard.

Back