Jan - calories to lose.

kered

Gold Member
Hi Jan, what was the link you posted before to see how many calories you needed to lose weight or maintain. The reason being is that Saturday is my day to give up smoking, so I was thinking of going back onto calorie counting for a month or two, but would like to go to an amount of calories that would see me losing a lb or 2lb per week, then that leaves me some leeway incase I craved something with stopping smoking.

Cheers in advance xxx

I think I have found it now on the BMR site, but could someone who knows about this please check my calculations.

Ok, so my BMR is 1360.25

I have multiplied this by 1.2 as I do little exercise

This gives me a total of 1632.3

So by my calculations, I need to eat less than 1632.3 to lose weight, so if I could stick to a 1300 calorie diet, this should see me lose weight?

I think I have found it now on the BMR site, but could someone who knows about this please check my calculations.

Ok, so my BMR is 1360.25

I have multiplied this by 1.2 as I do little exercise

This gives me a total of 1632.3

So by my calculations, I need to eat less than 1632.3 to lose weight, so if I could stick to a 1300 calorie diet, this should see me lose weight?

Yes. It will be a 'gentle' loss, but a sensible one for what you need :)

Best of luck with stopping the smoking!

Thanks KD, not really intending to lose weight, but at least if I get some urges with not smoking, I have some calories to play with.

Thanks again.

Hi Mary

Havent a cluse about the BMR thing, but WAW!!!! YOU ARE GOING TO DO IT!!!! Will be thinking of you giving up. Proud of you :)!!!!!

Only just seen this Mary - it's all been said though. That level would maybe see about 1lb or so every 2 weeks off. Ideal for what you want I would think. Are you sure it's only the 1.2 you need to x it by? Do you not still do your walking?

Best of luck with the quitting - if I can do it anyone can - you just need to tap into the determination you found to do LT! xx

Thanks both, no actually a lazy sod at the moment, not really exercised in a while, just cant find the motivation at the moment. I think because winter is just around the corner - I know, lame excuse lol.

ooooh good luck mary :) xxx

How are you feeling about it? xxx

:giggle: Gota be 'ready' for it havnt ya :) xxx

Really weird, it says for me that my BMR is 1620, and the calories I'm allowed with 1.2 is 1944. Yeah right!!!!

Oh wait! lol that's at my weight now LMAO! my bad!, sounded too good to be true lol.

Back