Jan Moley Maintenance

JSMole

Hi Chaps,

I hope you don't mind me starting a thread in here, I've moved onto maintenance and it's not working for me. I find it really hard to stick to the plan so am hoping that if I make a public record of what I'm eating I might stand more of a chance of getting to goal.

I've been overweight for a long time now, my husband likes to cook and so in the last 20 years I've gone from 7 stone 9 to 11 stone 9, I've tried various diets over the last 5 years and did loose a couple of stone with WW but it all came back. I'm seeing Cambridge as a way of loosing my weight but also of resolving the issues I have with food and maintaining a healthier diet long term.

I'm your typical emotional eater and not eating has really shown me that this is the case, feeling that I must eat but realising that I'm upset not hungry. With other diets I would just cram all of my days allowance into a mini binge, but you can't do that with Cambridge so you have to face up to what you are doing.

I'm on 810 and it's not working for me. I'm not sticking to the plan exactly and having had a very stressful couple of weeks at work I have been drinking wine - not to excess but more than I should. I went to a party last night as well and ate normally.

I weight myself on my WII fit every second day and had put on 3 lbs today, I was down 2 in the last week, so now I'm up 1 over all. Which is a little depressing. I haven't been sleeping well either which is sapping my energy and making me really grumpy.

My biggest problem I think is drinking my water allowance. I have to really concentrate on that now and try to drink 5 pints a day if I can.

Plan for today :

3 shakes throughout the day - I'll have a hot chocolate before bed today to see if it helps with sleeping.
1/2 portion Cottage cheese
Dry fried 1/2 portion of tofu with Pac Choi from the garden

Exercise : Planning to go for a walk while the kids are at a party and then go down to the sea front for another stroll and a paddle.

Mini-goal : Don't have a glass of red from the open bottle in the kitchen

My Pac Choi all seem to be ready to eat so I expect I'll be having that a lot this week, lol.

I don't feel like eating at all today after that weight gain so I think the struggle today will be eating all of my allowance rather than wanting more.

Jan

Oh yeah, forgot to say that my husband said I looked fatter today as well which was very upsetting.

Hi Jan, welcome to maintenance, this is much harder than sticking strictly to SS..... can I just say that me and hubby used to drink a bottle of wine on a Friday night (thats between us not each) and often another bottle Saturday night, I now dont touch the stuff, not that I haven't fancied an ice cold lager in this weather and there is a couple sitting in the fridge, but I know that your body has to burn up these useless calories before they can start fat burning again, so I have managed not to touch it so far..... I'm not a saint but I want to be thin more than I want to drink a glass of wine... Next week will be the challenge as at Mother In Laws 50th I am sure there will be alcohol and we have the option of staying over, but I am just not going to do it, I want thin more than alcohol and after 1 glass your resolve goes.... I think if you can knock the alchohol on the head for a while you will have much more success, sometimes when I fancy something like that I have an ice cold Pepsi Max or Coke Zero and this does help.... Good luck and I hope we can give you some support whilst you lose the rest of your weight. I did from week 8 on either SS+ or 810 and have just moved up to 1000 calorie plan and I still managed to lose 3 stone in 3 months...

Hiya,

Think of moving here as a fresh start. Make sure you do have all that you should have today and get stuck right back in. I was out last night in London for dinner and we all ended up in a bar after and ordering water was pretty weird but luckily noone batted an eyelid. I just said I usualy drink wine but not in this heat :) Anyway I'm good fun without wine :) lol

Just take each day hun and you'll get there. Telling yourslef you are not allowed to have that wine is gonna make you want it. Tell yourself instead it's my choice not to have it and things might start to change for you.

Good luck xxx

Thanks Greeneyes and Sunshine, it's so nice to have some support from people that understand what it's like to be on this diet.

I've done alright today, I swapped my tofu for quorn with spinach but didn't have a glass of wine and didn't overeat or snack, I'm definately putting this down to your sensible advice, so thanks again.

I also moved down a jeans size today, I'm in the 12's mostly now, which is great. I'm out of clothes now though, if I can manage to shrink out of these I get to go shopping, which will be great.

Jan
x

Last edited:
Feeling pleased that I stuck to plan yesterday and that I mananged to drink 6 pints of water but still slept badly, that's probably down to stress at work more than anything else.

Todays plan,

1 fruity porridge for breakfast
2 shakes throughout the day
1/2 portion Cottage cheese
Dry fried 1/2 portion of tofu with Pac Choi from the garden

Mini plan : Resist temptation of wine until the end of the week at the least but hopefully until the end of maintenance.

Jan

Did ok yesterday, resisted the urge to have a glass of wine and ate more or less exactly what I should have.

Feeling pretty rotten, I've got some problems at work at the moment with another member of staff, they don't really do much wrong, just pick here and pick there, but it's been years now and I can't take it any more so have complained. I don't know whether it's better to take the hassle or better to complain, lol.

Todays food plan :

Fruity porridge for breakfast (CD)
Quorn sausages with peas and chilli
Cottage cheese snack
Shake or soup somewhere in the day
Hot Chocolate shake for supper

I think that my food is rather boring compared with the other recipes on here but it seems to work. I'm finding it a bit easier now that I am trying to eat everything on the list, I had been having little extras (wine mostly) and missing out shakes to make up for it but I've made sure that I had all 3 CD meals in the last couple of days and it seems to have gotten rid of my cravings.

My WII fit told me I had lost 2lbs this morning, so some of weekend sins have been accounted for - that makes it a 1lb loss in the last 9 days now. Weight in on Friday, it would be great to loose another 1lb by then.

Jan

Did ok yesterday, resisted the urge to have a glass of wine and ate more or less exactly what I should have.

Feeling pretty rotten, I've got some problems at work at the moment with another member of staff, they don't really do much wrong, just pick here and pick there, but it's been years now and I can't take it any more so have complained. I don't know whether it's better to take the hassle or better to complain, lol.

Todays food plan :

Fruity porridge for breakfast (CD)
Quorn sausages with peas and chilli
Cottage cheese snack
Shake or soup somewhere in the day
Hot Chocolate shake for supper

I think that my food is rather boring compared with the other recipes on here but it seems to work. I'm finding it a bit easier now that I am trying to eat everything on the list, I had been having little extras (wine mostly) and missing out shakes to make up for it but I've made sure that I had all 3 CD meals in the last couple of days and it seems to have gotten rid of my cravings.

My WII fit told me I had lost 2lbs this morning, so some of weekend sins have been accounted for - that makes it a 1lb loss in the last 9 days now. Weight in on Friday, it would be great to loose another 1lb by then.

Jan

Morning Jan,
Sorry to hear of your work hassles, best to try and clear the air sometimes i reckon...good on you for sticking up for yourself!

Welldone on resisting the wine, your menu look fab, don't worry about it being boring as long as it works for you, i think i had tuna every day for about 3 months!! haha!!

Hope you have a good day!!

xx

Hi Jan!

Same as Lelly really - providing you're happy with the food that's all that matters :)
I have been the same with Tuna Salads, and now home made chicken and mushroom kebabs (yum!) I seem to find one thing I like and then stick with it!

Hope the work issues get resolved hun, and really well done on resisting the bad wine xx

Hi there

Looks like you have some good advice on here. All I can add really is that 810 plan is still on "loosing weight", so that should be still coming off. Is maintainence not a higher plan? xx

Well done Jan on resisting the wine, hopefully you should have a good weightloss on the scales this week... my scales dropped at the beginning of the week and have now risen again which means I have lost nothing, although I did eat out Sunday, I would have expected to have lost the weight again by now.... maybe it is because I am now working out for 35mins a day at the gym.... I am so unfit you wouldn't believe it....

I also have a lot of meals the same, I have quorn every single day, hubby asked if I was bored with it, I am not because I put different spices or vegetables with it and so it isn't really the same...

Hey Hun

Hope you're having a good day - keep going hun :) x

Thanks chaps, especially for the advice on my menu, made me feel much less lazy.

I didn't do very well yesterday, I missed out my hot choc shake and had 1 1/2 glasses of wine and a couple of tablespoons of bombay mix instead, not good. I should have come and read this board before jumping in there but I didn't. I know however that it was stress related (and on reflection that it didn't help). I swapped out my peas for spinach though because I realised that they were not allowed on 810.

Back to the bullet today though, menu plan is

CD Porridge for breakfast
Snack of cottage cheese
CD Soup for lunch - I have 6 of these left but have gone off them but want to use them up.
Quorn sausage and marinated quorn pieces with spinach.
CD Hot Chocolate shake for supper

New mini target : No more wine - bottle is empty now so the temptation is much less.
Cross my fingers to loose another 1lboss by Friday

Jan did you know you are not allowed quorn sausages, the only quorn allowed is the mince or the chicken pieces, you cannot even have the chicken fillets....

Glad you got that wine out of the way, I sent all my wine round to my daughters house and she is keeping it there until I feel the urge whilst on maintenance so I cannot cheat even if I wanted to (which I dont)... here's to a 100% 810 day today.

Last edited:
I know that quorn sausages aren't allowed but I have them anyway - only once a week though as a treat. The protein list is really restrictive for vegetarians, I can have tofu, quorn pieces/mince or cottage cheese. I guess the benefit though is that those things come is huge amounts, this is nice. Thanks for the advice though, it's so easy to miss things (like my almost peas)

I've asked my CDC to double check on the sausages and eggs but she hasn't got back to me on it yet - there were some discussions on them on the other board and some people thought that they might be ok.

Been ok today, don't feel at all hungry or thirsty, I still have to eat most of my allowances so I'd better get a wriggle on or else I'll have the biggest supper in the world :)

Ok day yesterday, forgot to have a shake and forgot to have veggies. I wimped out of going to my Tae Kwon Do class, it would have been 1 1/2 hours of fitness training with a new instructor and I just didn't have the energy. I'll try to go tonight though to my usual class. I weight myself this morning and have put on a tiny bit of weight in the last two days.

Plan for today :

Porridge for breakfast
Cottage cheese snack
Veg soup at some point
Quorn mince with veggies and boullion
Hot chocolate shake for supper

I've got my official weight in tomorrow, I've emailed over my order and decided to go for all bars, I have a load of shakes left but I'm finding that I am missing out shakes in the day, I love the bars though so I will definately eat three of those.

Jan

Hi Jan,
Hope you are having a good day. Don't worry about the scales it'll be water fluctuations.
Good idea to try some bars if you are missing out shakes although you wouldn't be wanting 3 a day, the sugar subsitute in them can have a laxative effect and give you some terrible stomach pains:eek: also they are restricted to 1 a day on the plan anyway.
Your menus are looking fab!

have a good time at the gym!
x

Weight in this morning and I have lost 3 lbs which is a huge surprise and something of a miracle as far as I can see. I'm very pleased. We moved the scales out into the hall so that they were on a hard surface to double check that it wasn't just them not working so it should be right.

I didn't do too well yesterday, I didn't have my main meal - I wasn't feeling too good and just couldn't eat it but I had my shakes, my snack and my water. I didn't exercise again because I felt too washed out.

I feel like I have a hangover today (which I can't have) so I'll take it easy I think.

My CDC checked out quorn sausages and eggs at the conference last week and they are both fine (although not on the published list yet), so I'll have those once a week, it's 5 sausages (just the plain ones not the apples ones) or 2 eggs - I got chickens a couple of weeks ago and they laid their first egg this morning, very exciting.

Plan for today :

Bar for breakfast
Cottage cheese and spinach omelette
CD soup sometime during the day
Hot shake for supper

Thanks for your support and for the advice on the bars Lelly, I hadn't realised that you were only meant to have one a day, my CDC said the same when I picked up my supplies today, although she said I would become constipated rather than the other way around, either way it sounds like bad news so I will limit them.

I'm feeling so much better mentally today, it's funny what loosing a few pounds can do for you.

Jan
x

Woohoo, well done on your weightloss Jan.... good to hear about the quorn sausages, I might have to buy some for myself, and as I can have sweet potatoes or potatoes now, I am sure they will go well with them.... I already have an egg for breakfast some days... which plan are you on, is it 810 or 1000, I am assuming 1000 as you are still having 3 packs of CD a day.... anyway, have a great evening...

Thanks.

I'm on 810 still, I want to stay on that until I get to my last 7 lbs to loose, then I'm going to move up the plans 1 week at a time (or more if it takes a while to get used to it).

My omelette was really really nice, what a treat.

The sausages are nice, nothing like real sausages (from what I can remember) but quite bulky and filling - check with your CDC though because the advice seems to be different everywhere.

Jan

Back