Jan Moley Maintenance

Stress got to me again last night, I drank a whole bottle of wine and ate some falafel, a bread roll and a packet of crisps. Wish I hadn't now.

How do you all cope with this sort of thing, how do you stop yourselves from just going straight back to old habits - I knew that what I was doing was stupid and pointless yesterday but I just couldn't seem to stop it - I don't understand myself at all.

Jan

Hi Jan, I know how you feel it's hard sometimes isn't it but just remember how well you are doing and don't dwell on it, plan for your day and ignore the scales for now.
Good luck for a great day! Great news on those chickens too eggs everyday...yay!

x

Thanks Lelly, I'm feeling a little better now actually, a wet afternoon as the village fete has washed away by worries and my hangover. :)

I was thinking about Cambridge diet and I think one of the big criticisms of it is that you don't learn good eating habits when you are on it. I think that is very wrong. For a start, not eating food for a prolonged period of time exposes you to your emotional eating habits, it's makes the eating triggers really obvious. Maintenance is also a really good time to learn a little about yourself and why you eat - yesterday was a typical example for me, I was anxious about a meeting I'm arranging and so had my binge (a mini-binge in comparison to those in the past), the anxiety was partially caused because I will be meeting people from work and it will be the first time they will have ever seen me when I'm not fat. Normally, something like that would trigger a whole load of days overeating and drinking to much but I can see it was pointless and so (hopefully) will be less likely to do that next time - particularly as I am going to keep an eye out for it and hopefully work out a stragedy to stop it - perhaps write down why I want the food or drink before I take it rather than just having it.

Maintenance is really hard but hopefully well worth it. My CDC said that people who work though the maintenance plan have a much higher chance of keeping the weight off that people go straight back to ordinary food.

Menu for today (mostly already eaten, lol)
Bar for breakfast and lunch
Quorn mince with chilli sauce, chinese spice and boullion gravy
Cottage cheese snack
Hot chocolate shake for supper

Jan

Stress got to me again last night, I drank a whole bottle of wine and ate some falafel, a bread roll and a packet of crisps. Wish I hadn't now.

How do you all cope with this sort of thing, how do you stop yourselves from just going straight back to old habits - I knew that what I was doing was stupid and pointless yesterday but I just couldn't seem to stop it - I don't understand myself at all.

Jan

I find that I am an emotional eater Jan, and do the same thing as you if I am stressed or pressured in some way. Old habits for sure.....I think that we need to know that we have a choice, like you knew when you were bout to eat. That we know what we want - but sabotage ourselves on purpose cos we feel sorry for ourselves. I think that is my biggest problem anyway, that I feel sorry for myself that I work so hard, and other people dont have to. Both at my workplace and to keep weight off, then I succumb to my 'naughty thought raquel' and eat. We need to think positive and change our lives for the better. We create our own stresses!

Thanks Lelly, I'm feeling a little better now actually, a wet afternoon as the village fete has washed away by worries and my hangover. :)

I was thinking about Cambridge diet and I think one of the big criticisms of it is that you don't learn good eating habits when you are on it. I think that is very wrong. For a start, not eating food for a prolonged period of time exposes you to your emotional eating habits, it's makes the eating triggers really obvious. Maintenance is also a really good time to learn a little about yourself and why you eat - yesterday was a typical example for me, I was anxious about a meeting I'm arranging and so had my binge (a mini-binge in comparison to those in the past), the anxiety was partially caused because I will be meeting people from work and it will be the first time they will have ever seen me when I'm not fat. Normally, something like that would trigger a whole load of days overeating and drinking to much but I can see it was pointless and so (hopefully) will be less likely to do that next time - particularly as I am going to keep an eye out for it and hopefully work out a stragedy to stop it - perhaps write down why I want the food or drink before I take it rather than just having it.

Maintenance is really hard but hopefully well worth it. My CDC said that people who work though the maintenance plan have a much higher chance of keeping the weight off that people go straight back to ordinary food.

Cottage cheese snack

Jan

Maintenance certainly teaches you about yourself and habits, what your triggers are, etc. Something we can all tell people who do not have a high opinion of the diet.

Cottage cheese snack

Jan

Totally agree with you Jan, maintenance is the hardest bit i reckon, but if you just keep on keeping on, it is worth it and identifying feelings like stress = binge means you are forearmed for next time in that you'll know its not hunger but the feelings you need address. It's a learning curve but it does get easier, i am still relatively new to it really (nearly 6 months in) so I now question my reasons for the need to eat when i'm not hungry and I think this is helping me.
Good idea to write it down and think about it first.

Hope you are having a good day
x

Hi Jan, hope everything is settling down after your mini binge, best thing is to learn why you did it and move on, at least next time you may be better prepared.... it may be worth having a CD bar or something when you feel the urge to binge, plus drink a couple of glasses of water as then you will feel too full to eat too much... hope you have had a good few days, take care

Thanks, I'll take that on board try it out, Rachel, you are so right, it is self pity and self indulgence that makes me eat/drink when it's not necessary, I'd never realised that. I'll try to think about it more and write it down.

I've had a good couple of days - although yesterday I did eat too many bars (gave me terrible wind - don't do it, even the kids wouldn't sit in the same room as me, lol)

I had lost a 1lb when I checked my weight this morning which was really pleasing. My chicken laid another egg today as well and I cooked it for my daughters breakfast and it had three yolks (see for Big surprise this morning = a triple yolk egg from my chicken... on Twitpic my little miracle egg).

Todays plan

Bar for breakfast
Porridge for snack
Chicken curry and sugar snap peas for dinner
Hot chocolate for supper
Some sort of snack (forgot to buy my cottage cheese)

Exercise : 1 hour of Tae Kwon Do.

I've just eaten my curry and it was really nice, I took 1/2 portion of quorn chicken pieces and defrosted it in the microwave, then put 1 heaped teaspoon of madras curry powder into 2 tablespoons of yoghurt and added some fresh coriander, then put the chicken and sauce into a pan and simmered for 5 mins, I steamed sugar snap peas in the microwave for 2 mins and it was done. It tasted really nice and using the yoghurt made it really moist.

Tomorrows plan :

Porridge for breakfast
Asparagus omelette for main meal
Cottage cheese and a bar for snacks during the day.
Hot chocolate for supper

Exercise : 1 hour of Yoga.

Can't believe it's 3:20, where did the day go to today.

Jan

mmm asparagus omelette sounds lovely, i have some in the fridge might fit that into my day somewhere tomorrow too!
you sound much better today, glad things are back on course, yay for the 1lb too!
those bars are a killer aren't they...they're just too nice though!

x

I do feel much better - I think it's because I understand a little more why I overeat. I'm glad that I started this thread for two reasons

1) it's my little honesty box, I know that if I do bad, I'll have to post it on here, which is a good deterrent
2) I'm learning so much from you guys and it's really helping me.

The support on here is amazing as well, thanks so much.

I'm sorting out work as well, I have changed the job spec for my apprentice, he just wasn't working, so I've moved him onto piece work so that he pays the penalty if he is lazy rather than me just paying him to do nothing and my friend is going to start work today to help with software support work (these are my websites by the way, I'm a computer programmer and I write software and also have an online shop selling paper - software Actinic Plugins and Reports, paper labz.co.uk). Really feels like the pressure is off now. I also have a part time job as a programmer and I was being bullied, but I've moved teams now and am working with some great mates so that's good. It feels like I've moved from balancing on the edge of the precipice to snow boarding down the mountain at top speed, it's great - what an eventful couple of weeks.

Jan
x

Jan so happy to read you are feeling better. And this thread certainly does help you learn things about yourself! I agree. I feel I am much stronger from what I learned on minis.

Glad you are feeling better Jan.... your jobs sound quite demanding, no wonder you get stressed sometimes... hopefully now you have sorted out your apprentice some of the stresses will fade away, I know if I get stressed (and it isn't often, I am quite laid back after going through 4 years of hell recently, you kind of get your priorities right after that) I do tend to have a bath with some Radox destressing bubble bath, I did that last week and could feel the stress just fading away, plus I couldn't eat or drink in the bath.. lol

I rarely have a bath these days, I used to spend a long time in them a great place for pondering on life, I'll make a note to have a nice long bath soon.

Yesterday was ok, I weighed in with WII fit this morning and I have lost a little weight, not a whole 1lb though.

I didn't eat my omelette but I did have a handful or crisps and a mango smoothie ice lolly. I don't feel to bad about it though, I had the crisps because I was craving salt and I had the lolly because I needed something sweet and I chose to have them rather than just grabbing them like usual.

Today - I'll try yesterday again and see if I can get it right this time.

Jan

Morning Jan,

That's a great attitude, just keep on with it and don't dwell on yesterdays, today's a new day, wishing you fabby one!!

xx

Been living in the land of cheat for a day or two but will get back to it now. Sometimes I wonder if I'm scared of loosing the weight and if that is why I cheat when I don't need to or even want to sometimes.

I might SS for a couple of days, I'm not feeling to well so don't want to eat anything just at the moment, might take advantage of that.

Jan

Weigh in today on WII fit, + 2lbs, so right back to the start of maintenance for me. I feel very bloated though, so I'll up my water drinking a bit today.

I had my bra size remeasured yesterday, I've gone from a 40F (at my largest) to a 34 DD, I was quite pleased about that :)

I got some more fashionable size 12 clothes in the sales as well (Gap was selling jeans at 9.99 a pair ATM, just in case anyone else is looking).

Jan

Last edited:
You can do it Jan. One day at a time! :) And now that you've edited, well done on the clothes too :)

Btw, coming out of ketosis can cause a few wobbles according to my CDC and you've done that (and it's possible on 810), it's almost natural for that addictive desire to creep back.

I did fine on 810 but as soon as I hit 1000 I was absolutely out of ketosis and I couldn't cope with 1000 and feeling hungry. Though I knew in theory just because I wanted to eat didn't mean I had to, I really struggled to put things into practice. That was probably the beginning of the end in hindsight.

Last edited:
Weigh in today on WII fit, + 2lbs, so right back to the start of maintenance for me. I feel very bloated though, so I'll up my water drinking a bit today.

I had my bra size remeasured yesterday, I've gone from a 40F (at my largest) to a 34 DD, I was quite pleased about that :)

I got some more fashionable size 12 clothes in the sales as well (Gap was selling jeans at 9.99 a pair ATM, just in case anyone else is looking).

Jan

great news on the shrinking boobs Jan, nice to be able to buy lovely size 12's eh!

Have a fab day!!

x

Hi Jan, hope everything is going well for you, have a great 100% day... take care. Thanks for the posts on my thread too, very encouraging.

Hi Jan, hope you are feeling better, how's it going with you?

Have a fab day

xx

Hey Jan
Just wanted to say hello...... and hope your having a good day.......
I am so with you on the shrinking boobs mine have gone down 4 sizes already............
Have a good day xx

Back