Janes determination to lose 3stone- getting back to plan

thanks Karen, i didnt even enjoy my mcdonlds! so will need to resist in the future as its really not worth the syns. im hoping that ive not gone over my total for the week (wi tuesday) as we had a bbq on sat night for my brothers birthday,it was a red day so everything i ate was free but i did have a small piece of chocolate cake oops!!!

ive been so busy today ive not had the chance to eat my syns so thats good, my house is getting decorated tomorrow so i was busy stripping wallpaper and getting all the clutter sorted for most of the day.
for breakfast i had 2 weetabix with ss milk 'a' and 'b'
then i was so busy that i didnt sit down till about 3pm so just had some roast chicken until 8.30pm when i stopped for the night and then made mysels some bacon & mushrooms on 2 slice wm toast which was lush and actually thought to myself what a great diet this is lol.

well my ex has taken my 2 girls on holiday this week so im going to be at a loss of what to do with myself untilthey get back,i might just sit and enjoy the silence lol

ooo i'd go swimming and for nice walks. gentle, relaxing exercise that cannot be done when there are loud kids hanging off us! I'd read and nap and go for lunch with friends... god! can you tell im desperate for some time off?! Im so jealous :) I hope you enjoy whatever you do with your week.

I too appriciate any diet that allows me as much bacon as i want! Bless SW xxx

lol karen youve inspired me to make the mostof my week,the napping part sounds the best though ive got decorators in today so i dont think ill be popping up to bed for a nap whilst their here,theyd be thinking im cracked lol.

having another red day today to see if it helps my weight loss any by staying off pasta extra.

so far:
breakfast - strawberries and raspberries covered in shape zero yoghurt

plan for lunch - bacon,mushroom,tomato and egg grill up

dinner - diet coke chicken with side salad

:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

that pretty much sums up how i feel! weigh in was this morning and i STS:mad: whats worse is that i weighed myself during the week and id lost 2lb so somehow managed to put that back on:confused:
anyway starting from scratch tomorrow morning, ive got new batteries for my scales so i can be sure that therye working properly and im cutting out bread and chocolate completly as i think this is where the problem lies, also going to only eat brown pasta, rice etc rather than white.

so fresh start in the morningbefore i lose all motivation completley:break_diet:

its good that you have a plan in place. try not to stress about the differences shown between theirs and your scales as SW scales are the most reliable and you will drive yourself mad trying to go between both. Go hard at it this week and Im sure you will show the loss from this week gone and the one coming. good luck xxx

thanks Karen, im back with a vengence lol and have replaced the batteries in my scales ( i dont go to a class ) and went shopping the other day to stock up on brown rice/pasta, the correct type of bread!! although im trying to cut it out but at least if i fancy a slice or two then its the right kind.

so i had a green day today and heres what i ate:

Breakfast -weetabix 'b' with ss milk 'a'

Lunch - mullier light choc sprinkles (is this free?) with an alpen light choc & fudge chopped up and mixed into yoghurt.

Dinner - noodle stir fry made with brocolli, mushrooms, 6 quarn nuggets (3syns), soy sauce and 2 tbsn sweet chilli sauce (3syns)

snacks - other alpen light from 'b' choice
fruit salad made with strawberries, raspberries and kiwi topped with shape zero yoghurt and 4 mini meringues (4syns)

hopefully ive got all the syn counts right?

anyway feeling quite postive about today but wondering if i should still weigh myself on a tuesday as normal or if i should change to fridays?

my 2 girls came back from their holiday with their dad yesterday and i missed them like crazy the whole time they were away and couldnt get to grips with how quiet and tidy the house was without them...... roll over 1 day the house is like a bombsite and theyve been driving me mad lol so much so that i completly missed breakfast time:eek:

need to add 2 syns onto yesterdays count as i found out that the muller light choc sprinkles are 2 syns:eek: theyre good but not that good lol

so days diary -

Breakfast - none
Lunch - shape yoghurt with 75g raspberries and an alpen light (1/2 heA)
Dinner - quarn chilli with sw chips and a dollop of creme frais (2 syns)
snacks - alpen light (1/2 heA), 2 dairy fudge sweets (4 syns)

totally stuffed now but was planning on making something to use my other heB, heA and my some of my syns, might have either a shape yoghurt with chopped up alpen light through it and topped with 4 crushed mini meringues (4 syns) or 2 ryvita dark rye (heB) with 2 x 28g boursin light (4 syns)

desisions desisions lol xx

hiya mrs R im really hoping that another year or 2 will make the diiference wih my 2 girls lol, their and 2 and all they do it fight and argue, my oldest has recently taken an aversion to going to bed whilst my youngest likes to get up around the same time as yours! but it will be school for katie this year so i think that will sort a few things out as they wont be living it each others pockets all the time.

anyway today was another lazy day where i couldnt be bothered having any breakfast which is not good i know but im ending up messing up the rest of my day as im eating at around 11am so then not hungry for lunch etc.

but here it is for a green day:

Breakfast (11am) - shape yoghurt with raspberries and kiwi's

lunch - alpen light bar (1/2 heB)

snacks - alpen light bar (1/2 heB)

Dinner - 'fry up': bacon, square sausage (2.5syns), 2 slice black pudding (6 syns), 2 fried eggs in oil (1syn), mushrooms & tomatoes.

snacks - shape yoghurt with 2 alpen light bars to dip into (heB)

really enjoyed my 'fry up' especially having the 2 black puddings as my treat, it made it feel naughty and soooo not like a diet lol.

I had a fry-up too this morning, it was lush!

First day of the hols for us (my ex had them on Sat), and I did yell a few times (I hate shouting but you know what its like...) Tidied downstairs but upstairs is a mess. Oh well... thanks for visiting me on my diary, have a good day tomorrow :)

i totally get what you mean about shouting, but sometimes it feels like the only way to get things done. lol at the upstairs of your house mines is exactly the same but i really will try to get round to sorting it soon before i forget what colour the bedroom carpets are lol.

hope you have a good day tomorrow too x

at last!!!!! i weighed in this morning and ive lost 3lb!!!!!!!!!!:D:D:D:D
im so happy especially after my poor first 2 weeks of losing 1lb.
I had 2 silce of bread the whole week so i think that has really helped and im going to aim to keep that up:)

i enrolled with curves today and have my first session on friday night i would have liked to go tonight but it was fully booked i think, anyway they took all my measurements:eek: shock horror, but they will only get better from today and hopefully there will be a few inches off next month. she showed me something that put it all into perspective for me, she had asked what dress size i would like to aim for which would be a 12 (currently 18/20) so then she showed me the measurements for size 12 clothes in m&s so i could instantly see how many inches i need to lose to get to that size 12:D id love to be pretty close to it for christmas so fingers crossed.

anyway my meal plan for today - red

breakfast - alpen light bar '1/2 b'

lunch - 'fry up' 2 low fat sausages (2syns) bacon, mushrooms, 2 dry fry eggs

dinner - chicken curry made with syn free curry sauce and pilou rice (1/2 pkt uncle bens at 1syn) ff greek yoghurt on top.

not had the following yet but plan to have:
snacks - alpen light bar (1/2 A) chopped into shape yoghurt and mixed fruits

and if im peckish later on i might have weetabix and milk to use up my 'a' and other 'b' choice.

Last edited:
thanks mammylonglegs (great name btw) im really pleased with with my loss this week, and thanks for the comment about my diary im a complete chatterbox in reality but since ive got no one to talk to at night once the kids are in bed i end up 'talking for britain' on here lol.

thats a great weight loss for you too well done heres to another good week for us x

Well done Jane, that is brilliant! Its brilliant to get a good loss ater a couple of weeks of small ones as we appriciate the big ones even more :D Hope you are surviving the summer hols xxx

Congratulations on the loss!!!

Well done on your weight loss! How are the holidays going? I'm snacking a lot more because I'm home, but at least its on free food! You are doing so well, keep up the good work!

Well done Jane, that is brilliant! Its brilliant to get a good loss ater a couple of weeks of small ones as we appriciate the big ones even more :D Hope you are surviving the summer hols xxx

Congratulations on the loss!!!

thanks ladies, im hoping to repeat this weeks success next week if i stick to it the same:D
we seem to be surviving the holidays ok but being in scotland our summer holidays started at the end of June so the novelty of going on days out has worn off a bit plus the weather here is a bit pants lol so not much happening this week. next week however me and my mum are taking the girls to disneyland paris next wednesday for a couple of days so im really excited but unsure how easy it will be to stay on plan:confused:

i feel like i havnt updated this in ages! ive really put my plan to the test over the last couple of days as ive had some major family issues going on and im a comfort eater so at times like this i tend to comfort eat:eek: but luckly ive got nothing naughty in the house so couldnt do any damage:) however i seemed to go the opposite way and i lost my appetite big time:( which is not good for the plan at all. i also had my first session at curves last night which i enjoyed and managed to work up a bit of a sweat so that was good but i did plan to go again this morning but what with everything that was going on i didnt manage it:(

things were a bit better today foodwise and although ive still not ate loads its better than yesterday when i had no syns, only 1 a + b choice and hardly any free food:(

so today was a green day:

breakfast - weetabix (b) with ss milk (1/2 A)

lunch - 1 alpen light bar (1/2 b)

dinner - stir fry with noodles,loads of free veg, soy sauce, wok spray light and quarn pieces.

ive been sort of forcing myself to eat over the last few days but wanted to use my syns today as i think my weight loss is better when i use them daily, id bought a chocolate swiss roll today for a treat for my 2 girls after dinner for the next couple of nights and id been thinking about eating it all day but knew it would turn into a full on binge and i would eat the full thing:eek: so i took a portion (1/12 of the cake) and that worked out at 6 syns and put it in the bowl along with raspberries, 3 mini meringues (3 syns) and 2 tbsp low fat creme frais (3 syns) and it was sooooooo satisfying and really filling so i wasnt even tempted to have another slice:D which i would have done had i only had the swiss roll on its own.

anyway i think ive rambled enough tonight lol i just hope that my lack of eating wont effect my weight loss on tuesday:confused: as i was hoping to have lost 1/2 stone before going away on holiday on the wednesday, ive lost 4lb so far so dont think ill get the other 3lb off this week but id like to get 2lb so im close enough to the 7lb mini target:cool:

Back