Janes determination to lose 3stone- getting back to plan

:happy036::happy036::happy036::happy036::happy036:

I STS this morning at weigh in after my holiday to disneyland and my sisters party:D:D:D, id had a sneaky weigh in after i got back from holiday and id put on 2lb so ive managed to shake that back off in time, im soooooo delighted i practically jumped off the scales this morning lol

me and my sister are training for a 5k run so we had our first session tonight of walking/running for the 30mins and although my legs and ankles are feeling it a bit just now mainly coz ive never even ran for a bus before..seriously! but i started it get into my stride and feel better for doing it...roll on thursday for my next session, god never thought id hear myself saying something like that lol

foodwise ive not been all that great today but it was weigh in day so ill be back on track from tomorrow.

breakfast - banana

Lunch - cheeseburger and small fries from mcdonalds:eek:

snack - 2 slice w/meal toast (B) with LF spread (3 syns)

dinner - beef stirfry made with quorn beef strips, noodles, stirfry veg and soy sauce/teriyaki marinade.

im gonig to have weetabix with milk tonight after my bath to use up my other 'b' and 'a' choice.

well done Jane, I know you were hoping for a STS (at least). Its good when you can pull it back and do the job :D Hope you enjoyed the holiday xxx

i feel like im needing to shake things up a little as im getting bored of preparing and eating meals, ive got into a bit habit of only having fruit and yoghurt for breakfast so that i can keep my healthy extras till later which is fine as i like having some alpen light bars for snacking at night but as im trying not to eat too much bread im kinda stuck for what to be making for my lunch so will need to have a nosey around some of your diaries to get some inspiration.

got my 2nd session of my 5k run training tomorrow afternoon so im hoping that it will be easier to get into than last night not kidding i felt like i had lead weights on my feet lol

had a bit of a binge today but hopefully managed to stay within syn count for today but if not then ill catch it up tomorrow.

breakfast - yoghurt and strawberries

morning snack - 1 alpen light bar (1/2b)

lunch - sw chips with 2 slice w/meal bread (B), LF mayo (3syns)

snack/binge - cadburys light mousse (3syns) with 10 mini choc digestive biscuits (10syns) i think this is about right as i bought them to ration them out who was i kidding lol

dinner - bachelors pasta n sauce (broc & cheese) with 4 quorn nuggets (2syns)

snack - 1 alpen light bar (1/2b)

right well im off to peruse some food diaries for my inspiration xx

your not kidding when you say its not fun....its a bloomin nightmare and were not even at the full on running stage were currently doing run 60 secs then walk 90 secs which is do-able but today rather than going to the track we just ran around our area but it was full of sneaky hills that we seemed to have timed to be running up them rather than walking, i thought i was going to die at point lol, i really really hope that it gets easier soon not just with the running but the 'pain' that my legs are in afterwards even with a proper warm down and proper running shoes:confused: i feel like a cripple just now im in absolute agony:(

anyway had a bit of a drama today when cleaning the bathroom:sigh: i lifted the heavy ceramic cistern lid and subsequently dropped it onto my toilet:eek: the lid completly broke and a big massive crack appeared right down the toilet unit and when i flushed it all the water ran out:eek: so our toilet is completly out of action till my dad can fit a new one on sat morning! which without going into too much detail makes for interesting toileting for me and my oldest (youngest is still in nappies/toilet training)

so due to all the drama today i didnt eat a single thing until 2pm:( so my diary doesnt look all that great today!

Breakfast - nothing

Lunch 2pm - weetabix with milk (b and 1/2 A choice)

snack - banana, activia ff yoghurt, alpen light bar (3 syns)

dinner - tin Heinz spaghetti on toast (b choice), LF cheese (half portion = 1/2 A choice)

snack - small slice brown toast (2.5 syns) marg (3syns)

ive got 6.5 syns left over to in my book that = a curly wurly with 1/2 syn left over lol

exercise - 30 minutes of running/walking intervals

Oh my, what a disaster! What are you going to do???? I always knew cleaning was a bad idea (I broke one of my toes once by dropping our very large kitchen bin on it whilst cleaning)!

At least you kept to the plan eating wise. I would have gone the other way and eaten for England!

i think i didnt have any time to eat otherwise i probably would have had a comfort binge lol, well at least i can see the funny side about it , earlier Katie announced that she needed to pee so i told her she would need to use her wee sisters potty, she looked at my like id asked her to go pee in the street lol, so she sat on it for about 20 mins saying "are you sure about this mummy" and "i dont think this is right" etc it was so funny i had to put the potty in a corner and leave the room before she would use it... bless her

I wont embarrass myself publicly like i have my daughter lol but lets just say that an old jug is involved with my toilet trips and i cant even sit on the toilet in fear that it will collapse under my weight lol

phew!!!!!!! im glad to be sitting down tonight as i feel like ive not stopped all day....only problem with these kind of days is that i dont eat very much at all which is not good for the diet at all and i end up eating the wrong foods as you will see below:(

breakfast - nothing

snack - roll fried egg and potato scone (roll as B choice, 0.5syns for fried egg and 8.5syns for potato scone

lunch - nothing

snack - nectarine

dinner - bachelors pasta n sauce with added mushrooms and corgettes with a quorn chicken fillet

snack - slice of curly wurly cake at 2.5 syns wasnt 100% sure about it so of course i had to add a dollop of nutella to it:eek: (syned at 6 as it was just over a tbsp which is 4.5)

so im not that happy with my day at all and will really need to make more effort from tomorrow, i was wanting to start EE from today but that didnt happen either:(

and so onto my making of the curly wurly cake!! it tasted ok but i dont think i added enough sweetener to it as it was lacking a bit but i couldnt taste the curly wurly at all so unless im going to get a nice surprise in the next piece then i dont think ill bother eating anymore, i just kept thinking as i was eating it that i would have rather had the curly wurly on its own lol

going over to my sisters house tomorrow night for a curry with family, it was one of those spontaneous things and i would have loved more notice to be able to clock up some spare syns but that wasnt to be so will need to really watch what i eat and then pull back the syns till tuesday as i really want to lose:sigh:

editted to add - exercise for today was 2 hours of rigorous gardenng

i feel like ive not been on her for ages but had a manic couple of days so havnt even had a spare sec to post. ill be back on track tomorrow with my updates but for now just a quick one to say that ive been staying on track but not eating enough due to me being too busy which is no good at all! i went out on my 5k training session today and completed my first week woo hoo!!! , although it was hard it was much better than my first session so was really proud of myself as i didnt feel my legs going until my 4rth set of 1min runs. i might even say that i actually enjoyed doing it today ((shock horror)) lol

Well my little baby girl started school today im so proud of her she didnt shed a single tear and practically skipped into the class room...me on the other hand i was a bit teary when i had to leave her in the class and sat at home for the next 2 hours worrying and waiting to go and pick her up again lol

I was wanting to give EE a go for a few days from today but dont think ive done it right but then i havnt even ate enough of anything today really :( so its no wonder its not right lol

Breakfast - nothing

Lunch - sw potato wedges (no 1/3 superfree food):(

dinner - 5 mini chicken keivs (7.5syns i think), sw chips and a large mushroom with 19g boursin light(1/2 'b' choice) in middle and put into oven till browned ( the mushroom made up a 1/3 on my plate so i hope that right)

going to have a large bowl of fruit tonight to make up for the lack of superfree foods during the day so im hoping its a good EE day??

no running today but going out tomorrow night after the girls have gone to their dads overnight, oh and its WI day tomorrow i really hope ive lost something after STS last week x

if i dont do my 1/3 superfree, i also make it up with a fruit jumble later in the day. your EE looks spot on.. except not eating brekkie...NAUGHTY! hope you get some time to relax for yourself very soon xx

thanks Karen, im all out of sorts with my oldest starting school were not used to having to get organised so early in the morning but im hoping that i'll get into a routine quickly enough.

i completly forgot to weigh myself this morning (i WI in at home) because of all the craziness in the morning lol so ill need to do it tomorrow morning instead. been a bit of a strange day today as both me and Katie got upset leaving her at school this morning all because they were all led away with their buddies so me and mum walked down the playground and out of the gate after saying goodbye but then they all walked back and she realised that she couldnt see me and started crying ( i imagine her just getting a feeling of being lost?) so i put my running to good use and ran as quick as i could back up the playground to catch her before she was taken inside as i didnt want her going in upset so we were both in the playground crying and cuddling before i called her teacher over ......sorry for the long ramble but i felt guilty about it until i could pick her back up and know that she was ok...which of course she was and the teacher gave me a big thumbs up for her which made me want to cry again for the opposite reason lol.

meal wise i had another attempt and an EE day but im quite confused over what i can have for my 'b' choice as there are some things you can have on a green day but not on a red day like soft cheese so i dont know if im allowed to have this as a 'b' choice on an EE day??

Breakfast - 1 weetabix wiith milk (3.5 syns and 1/2 a choice) and a banana

Lunch - alpen light bar (3 syns)

dinner - 2 wholemeal rolls ( 1 'B' Choice and 6 syns for the other one) with lettuce, tomato and cucumber and 2 slice waferthin chicken on each roll, mayo (2.5 syns between both rolls)

so bit of a mixed up day all in all but im hoping that once i get my oldest settled in school that ill be able to get into a good EE routine.

exercise - rotations of 90secs running and 2 min walking for 30 minutes were on week 2 on the programme and i felt every extra second of the 90sec run today plus ive hurt my knee so will need to get myself a support bandage before my next run.

weighed myself this morning (meant to be yesterday but forgot!) and ive lost 1lb....im quite disappointed with that as i was out walking/running 3 times last week and had been going to curves the week before so had really upped my exercise....would have liked to see a loss to reflect that :(

i woke up this morning and could hardly move my knee so ive really some something to damage it, its all strapped up and still killling me but hopefully it will be better in a couple of days.

My daughter Katie had a better day at school this morning, her buddy asked her if she wanted to come with her but she wanted to stay with me, think its going to take a while for her confidence in the playground to build up but im not working just now so theres no problem with me staying in the playground till she goes into the classroom, unless the teacher tries to move me own lol.

hopefully this is the plan for my EE day.

Breakfast - Banana.... still too hectic in the morning for anything more oops!

Lunch - wholemeal roll (B)with lettuce tomato cucumber and 4 wafer thin slices of chicken, mayo (2.5)

Dinner - planning on having........ courgette bake made with courgettes, mushrooms, bacon and ff yoghurt and feta cheese for the 'bake' bit. with either sw chips or spicy rice.

syns - weetabix oaty bar (3.5 syns), mayo (2.5)

well my knee is still killing me but couldnt get an appt with the doctor today so it will have to wait till monday now :( its also meaning no exercise either which im disappointed about as was getting into a good routine with my running.

the kids are away for the full weekend so not quite sure what to do with myself but probably not very much since my knee is not working boo hoo! i am however going to go to the hairdressers in the morning for a cut and colour to celebrate my first half stone off :)

getting into the swing of extra easy now but still not 100% convinced until i see a loss on tuesday but heres me diary for today:

breakfast - 2 weetabix (had to syn this due to lunch so 7 syns) and 1/2 A for my milk & a banana

Lunch - was out to a cafe with kids so had a cheese & tomato toastie with side salad (1/2 A for cheese & B for wholemeal bread) oh and i resisted buying a cake :)

Dinner - uncle bens mexican style rice (2syns) with tesco mexican fajita strips (2 syns) large side salad consisting of lettuce, cucumber and mushrooms, with a dip made from ff yoghurt and sweet chilli sauce (2syns)

Will probably have a fruit bowl later on with a yoghurt (sickening myself a bit with yoghurts so this is my first one in days!)

What a weekend:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

my knee is still killing me and can hardy walk the length of myself without squirming in pain, i had a burst pipe somewhere in my bathroom that came through my kitchen ceiling :eek: and continued to do so righ through the night so i feel like ive done nothing but mop up water all day. saying that ive got myself back on track after a not so good day yesterday what with the flood i was totally scunnered (theres a good Scottish word for you lol) with everything and ended up eating a big mac meal from mcdonalds:eek: though apart from 2 weetabix in the morning thats all id had up till 7pm so its no wonder i lost the battle against the mcdonalds:(

anyway another ee day for me today finally think im getting the hang of it but doubt ill see a loss on tuesday because of the mcdonalds:eek:

Breakfast - nothing was running late for something this morning.

Lunch - wholemeal roll (B) with ham salad and mayo (2syns)

snack - alpen light bar (3 syns)

dinner - 1/2 pkt uncle bens rice (1 syn) with 1/2 pkt tesco mexican fajita chicken (1 syn), 1/3 portion of roasted veg consisting of sweet potato, butternut squash, red peppers, onion and courgettes, ff fromage frais on side.

i have really felt myself wavering over the last couple of days with everything thats been going on but glad that i had a good day today and am feeling more positive:)
snack - strawberries and ff fromage frais with 4 strawberry mini meringues (1 syn each so 4 in total) this was delish!!!!

sorry things have been tough for you jane. its good that you have drawn a line under it though... tis amazing how positive 1 good focussed day can help. keep it up chick, you're doing fab xx

OUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!! thats the only word that im actually allowed to type that would describe the pain i felt today......... i managed to get an appot with my doctor today about my knee and i was told it was something to do with my knee cap being damaged ( i feel 6wks ago and this knee took all the impact) but because i cant take anti inflammantrys he had to give me a cortisone injection into my knee right all the way into the back of my knee cap:eek: even after having two children i have never experienced pain like it lol, i really help it helps soon as as the moment not only do i have the sore knee but im also sore from the injection:(

Breakfast - 2 weetabix with milk (B and 1/2 A)

snack - alpen light bar (3 syns)

lunch - wholemeal roll (5.5) with chicken salad and mayo (0.5)

Dinner - 1/2 pkt uncle bens Chinese rice (1 syn) and 1/2 pkt tesco Chinese chicken strips (1 syn) with roasted free veg, 20g feta cheese (1/2 A) and dollop of ff framae frais.

snack - strawberries, ff fromage frais and 4 mini strawberry meringues (1 syn each = 4 syns)

not holding out much hope for weigh in tomorrow morning:(

well! I was offered one of these injections today for my messed up elbow and after reading this, i am so pleased i declined! hope you are feeling lots better soon jane, how awful. xxx

Sorry Jane to hear about your knee problem!! That's extremely debilitating and there's nothing worse than being in pain! It's also really hard to stick to plan in these situations because we lose control over our routine! So I think you're doing tremendously well!! I'm sure things will improve massively! Keep up the good work, but put your health first!!XXX

Back