Janes determination to lose 3stone- getting back to plan

hey Teresa i feel off the wagon yesterday so havnt updated my dairy:eek: i went to my sisters yesterday for lunch and i sabotaged myself by having a sausage sandwich or as i call it a 'piece n sausage' lol and it all went down hill from there and i ate everything in sight....i was literally opening up cupboards last night to see what i could eat.... and most of it wasnt sw friendly:(

but im back on track today.... ive just had my breakfast of strawberries and FF fromage frais and will need to try and squeeze in as much SF foods as i can until tuesday so that what ive done so far hasnt been wasted coz im desperate for a loss bigger than 1lb.

ive got night out tonight...first one in months and im going to a friends house for wine and nibbles:eek: so am going to take a bottle of diet lemonade with me to make them into spritzers and try to limit myself with the nibbles although not sure if ill be able to:eek:

Hey Jane nice to see you. How about making some mini SW quiches to take along tonight to add to the nibbles, or some veggies and sw hummous or other sw friendly dip (based on quark or fromage frais) then there will be food you can hve and you won't feel deprived.

Have fun anyway

well i had a great night, didnt make anything to take along Teresa mainly coz i wouldnt know how to make the quiche and didnt really have to to make anything else but all was ok as she had made spaghetti bolognaise so im thinking i only need to syn for the oil that she would have used so about 2??? and 2 small bits of french bread unsure of syn value so will need to check my book, and of course my drink..... i had to mini bottles of rose wine spritzers and 2 small glasses of white wine with diet lemonade added...again im unsure of the syn count here so will need to look that up. but overall a good night and im so glad she didnt have loads of nibbles coz god knows what the syn count would been then EEK!!

only thing im having a problem with now is my hangover and wanting to eat eat eat! so going to go and have a few large glasses of water to see if that helps x

Sounds like you had a good night and not too much SW damage. The spag bol maybe more than you think if she used a mix or not extra lean mince(but still loads less than the nibbles would have been) and i don't drink so no help there.

What have you eaten today, i would do sw chips if i had a hangover and lots of them :) Haven't had a hangover for 10 years or more but do remember the feeling.

Teresa

oh i didnt think about the mince not being extra lean?? but she made it from scratch as i watched her do it so i know that plently of SF foods went into it:) well after i drank 3 large glasses of water i felt a bit sick lol so had to go lie down, luckily the girls go to their dads overnight on a fri night so i had no one else to look after lol and yeah i did have sw chips :):)

i am a bit worried about whether SE week is working or not! because i had a sneaky weigh in this morning ( im doing it at home so know my scales are correct) and it says ive put on 2lbs since tuesday????? so im freaking out as i started SE 2 days before last tuesday and have continued everyday bar on day since then so im not sure what to be making of that..... im starting to doubt that ive been having enough SF so its like im doing EE but having an extra 'B' choice which is obviously going to make me gain weight :( so now im thinking about whether or not to continue until WI??? and im thinking that i need to start aiming for 10 syns or less er day rather than 15 as i think thats playing a part in my slow losses too:(

anyway heres what i ate today:

breakfast - 2 chocolate weetabix (A) + (B) + (2 syns) absolutely devine:) and a bnanana (SF)

Lunch - wholemeal roll (B) with 2 thin chicken slice (F) 4 slice tomato (SF) lettuce (SF) mayo (0.5 syns)

snack - 2 tesco own vitienese choc biscuits (8 syns )

dinner - sw chips (F), quorn chicken (SF) lettuce (SF) and tomato (SF) mayo (0.5 syns)

snack - alpen light choc n fudge bar (3 syns)

total syns =14

I wouldn't give up on success express if i were you. Your probably ate later than normal at your sister's and the alcohol may make you retain water so ignore that sp.

Drink lots of water and increase your SF foods.

Good luck

Teresa

im sitting here doing a plan for the next 2 days of SE before WI on tuesday morning. Im going to cram as much SF in as possible so something like this:

breakfast - 1 weetabix with milk and a banana chopped up

lunch - cold meat salad or cheese layered salad (will only be having a little milk with weetabix so plenty left for a salad)

snack - alpen light bar

dinner - roasted veg mixed with tomato pasta

snack -quark with sweetner and raspberries

Looks like you are doing well and stayed away from the nibbles! (those are tempting) good luck with weigh in next week! Hope the sf you've been eating makes a difference

Hope you had a good SE day.

My extra easy day has been lush after 4 days of SE

Here is the carbonara recipe

14 oz dried spaghetti
2 eggs
2 egg yolks
2 oz quark
fry light
1 onion finely chopped (i use leeks)
2 garlic cloves crushed
12 oz lean ham (i use a mixture of ham and bacon)
I also add loads of mushrooms to increase the sf

cook the spag drain and keep warm

mix eggs and egg yolks and whisk with quark until smooth season and set aside

in a frying pan fry onion (leeks and mushrooms if using) add ham and trimmed bacon
when cooked add spaghetti to frying pan, mix well than add egg/quark mixture.
when mixed remove from heat.

Sprinkle with some synned or healthy extra parmesan for extra yumminess.

thanks dreamaholic im really hoping that the SF will make a difference at WI on tuesday but im not sure going on my sneaky WI on sat morning..but i can only keep my fingers crossed but going on what i ate today im not sure????

thanks for the recipe teresa is looks great, ive added it to my wee recipe book and ill be trying it the next time i remember to buy quark, your right about needing to add more fruit but im really needing to go to tesco but havnt had the chance so ive got 3 bananas and half a bag of frozen raspberries in the house lol hopefully ill get to go tomorrow and stock up.

today didnt go to my plan at all:( my mum phoned after id drop the girls of at their other grans to ask if i wanted to go shopping with her and my sis, it was a marathon shopping trip and as i didnt have a change to eat before i left i was starving and ended up having a cheeseburger and 1/2 pkt small fries from mcdonalds :( really angry with myself too because i was shopping for a dress to wear to my nieces christening and i was unhappy that i couldnt get the style of dress that i wanted because my stomach was showing too much even with my 'hold me in's' on lol so it was definitely a case of comfort eating :( pre slimming world i was size 18/20 and a 20 in most cases but since losing my 12lb im fitting comfortably into 18's which is great new and what was even better was me taking a size 18 dress from coast in to try on i zipped it all the way up but thought it was way too tight and was clinging to everything but when i took it back off it was actually a size 16!!!!!! :):):) obviously it was a one off as i dont think i could fit into anything else in a 16 but i was ecstatic and cant wait till i can comfortably fit into 16's on my way down to 14's and my target :) but i better get my backside into gear if its ever going to happen.

i did a EE day today as i dont have enough fruit or veg for SF well ive got a butternut squash but nothing else to got with it so EE it is....

breakfast - 1 weetabix (1/2 B) (1/2 A) with a banana (SF)

Lunch - cheeseburger with 1/2 pkt small fries :(:(:(:(

dinner - 100g wholemeal pasta (F) with 1/2 tin plum tomatos (SF) & 28g chorizo (3syns) absolutely no veg in the house till i get to tesco

yeah weigh in is tomorrow EEK! i already know that i havnt done SE correctly going on my WI on sat morning so i cant only hope for my usual 1lb loss:/

im still having worries over my daughter and school:( she likes it and doesnt have a problem with going but she does have a problem with making friends shes only young (4.5yrs) and i want to be able to fix it for her so it doesnt effect her long term, she came home from school today and told me that she didnt have any friends today because she couldnt find 'x' and 'y' but later she said that they had ran away from her telling her that they didnt want to be friends with her! its totally breaking my heart and obviously i want to do all that i can to help her i even want to start bringing her home for lunch everyday but i know thats not sorting the problem as she will definitely not make any friends then:( so think im going to talk to her teacher tomorrow to make her aware of the situation.

i had a Green day today for a change:

breakfast - 2 weetabix with milk (B) and (1/2A)

snack - banana (SF)

lunch - nothing ....was out at tesco and didnt get home till close to picking dd up from school

snack - weetabix oaty bar (B)

snack - 1 babybel light (1/2 A)

snack - 1 biscuit from a 2 pack cadbury snack pack (2.5 syns)

dinner - quorn peppered steak (F) with sw chips (F) and mayo (1syn)

snack - shape delight carmel flavour (not all that sure about it) (5.5 syns) with a meringue (2.5 syns)

total syns = 11.5

I would worry too but she is probably doing better than you think but it is well worth chatting to the teacher. Also do you know any of the other mum's sometimes it is a good idea to befriend some of the mum's and maybe invite some of the potential friends over to tea.

Good luck with your weigh in I am feeling incredibly bloated so not optomistic about wednesday already. ALthough I know i have been good so I know the weight will shift evenutally

Teresa

Thanks Teresa i will defo talk to the teacher just so they can keep an eye on her they have a buddy system running and my dd has her buddy who is supposed to be watching out for her so im going to chat to her too not to get her in trouble or anything as shes only 10 or 11 but ill ask her to keep an extra special eye on her to make sure shes not on her own. im friends with one of the mums from when i was at school but she has a boy and although they were friendly at first they arent anymore, another mum that im friendly with is the mum or one of the girls that keeps running away from her so i feel a bit awkward saying anything to her about it.
i think all my bad behaviour is catching up with me as ive been getting away with 1lb losses when i probably shouldnt have so although ive done SE its probably counteracted a big gain that was making its way over to me lol

good luck on wednesday,ill post my results tomorrow afternoon at some point x

feeling a bit better about katie today as i spoke to one of her teachers at lunch time and she set my mind to rest a bit, but no doubt ill be worrying again soon over something after aint that my job as a mum to worry?? lol

i did a full week of SE with the exception of one day and i lost my usual 1lb so i dont think i was doing it right maybe not getting my full 2/3's into each meal?

anyway im back to my normal EE and green days from now on as i find that the easiest to do. ive lost 13lb now and practically 1/3 of the way to target:) so im going to keep plodding away with my 1lb a week till i get there...by christmas hopefully:)

Well done i think since you had the mcdonalds, the day when you went off plan and the alcohol you did great to lose one pound.

I think 1 pound a week doing the plan you feel most comfortable with and stick to for the longest time is the way to go.

Well done

Teresa

PS glad your mind is at ease about your daughter

thanks Teresa yeah i think the SE counteracted the bad stuff so instead of a gain i got a small loss so im happy with that, im really happy plodding along with EE and green so as long as the weight keeps coming off then happy days! :)

good luck with your WI tomorrow i think youll do great xx

argrhhhhhh why oh why do i do these things to myself!!!!........... had a really hectic day and didnt make very good food choices :( firstly i went shopping with my mum straight after the school run this morning and as i hadnt even had breakfast yet i ended up having a fruit scone from marks & spencers with jam and margarine EEK!!!!! then i had to go straight over to my friends house with sophie to have a birthday tea for her daughters 2nd bday, she had put pizza and salad on and since i hadnt had any lunch i ate 1 slice of pizza and a handful of crisps double EEK!!!!!! but i did manage to have an on-plan dinner lol so i need to try and be extra good till next tuesdays weigh in as i need to lose 1lb so i can get my shiny 1 stone sticker :)

breakfast - alpen light bar on way to shops

mid morning - fruit scone with jam and marg (no idea about the syns...maybe best not to know lol)

Lunch - 1 large slice veg pizza with side salad and a handful of crisps (again not sure about syns for the pizza but salad wasnt dressed so free food and ill guesstimate 3 syns for the crisps)

snack - 1 babybel light (1/3 A)

dinner - uncle bens Mediterranean veg rice (2 syns) with half a butternut squash, 2 carrots, and 2 sweet potatoes cut up and roasted with frylight and served with a free home made tomato sauce

total syns - who knows ...any takers for a guesstimate lol

Back