Janes determination to lose 3stone- getting back to plan

Hi Jane well done on the aero. You sound like me choc is my big downfall.

I think when your doing something like a stir fry the best way to see if you are SE friendly is to put it all on a plate before you start to check the proportions before you start. But stir fries are a great way to get all those veggies in.

good luck tomorrow. You could still have weetabix for breakfast but just have one with a banana and some strawberries. I will probably have fruit and yogurt for breakfast when doing SE days although to be honest I narly always have fruit and yogurt for breaky these days btu sometimes have two yogs and less fruit. I buy bags of frozen fruits from aldi which is nice and cheap and great in yogurt.

Good luck tomorrow

Teresa

i luuuurrrrrvvvveeee chocolate lol i struggle with it all the time like tonight for example i shouldnt have made the ferero rocher things coz i ate them all and now i feel sick :(:( so thats not really a good start to the SE journey is it!!

i love stirfrys so will be having a lot of them over the next few days, oh and i bought frozen raspberries from aldi yesterday first time ive every bought frozen veg so now its sitting in my freezer and im not really sure what to do with it lol does it take long for raspberries to defrost?

im skint just now so cant afford to buy a lot of fresh fruit and veg so it will be frozen or nothing lol but my fav night time treat was raspberries with FF fromage frais with mini meringues crushed up into it so as long as it still tastes the same even though they are frozen then happy days :)

im just sitting here thinking up meal plans for a full week of SE (whether i can last a full week is a different story but at least im prepared) x

Hi Jane. I would be the same if i made the ferroro roches I would eat them all, in fact i can't have nutella in the house.

You can put the raspberries in the fridge and defrost all day or over night. Or zap them in the micro for a minute to defrost just have to be careful they don't get warm (although they are nice warm with a little ff! ) I use loads of frozen veg although not usually for stir fry must try the frozen stir fry bags.

I will most likely make some homemade veg soup for lunch on SE days, but have not really thought it through yet .

But probably something like this

breakfast
berries, banana and one yogurt

lunch
homemade soup
ham or tuna and salad or crudites (carrots, peppers, cucumber, tomatoes)
fruit

dinner
stir fries with quorn or prawns
or vegetable curry
or
roast with tons of veg
fruit (maybe a synned yog))

Hi Teresa i think my SE days will be pretty similar to yours lets hope it all pays off though eh?

ive had a really busy day so much so that i didnt manage to eat any lunch oops!! i went shopping wiht my mum to look for outfits for my 2 girls to wear to my nieces christening, also saw a nice dress for me to wear but i was too scared to try it on in case it didnt fit :( then it might have ruined my mood....its at the start of october so a couple more weeks is all ive got before i have to buy something obviously after trying it on that is lol.

so my 2nd attempt at a SE day:

Breakfast - 2 weetabix with milk (A&B) with a large banana (SF)

Lunch - 2 alpen light bars (B)

dinner - quorn stirfry made with half a bag of stirfry veg (SF), quorn pieces (SF) and half a portion of noodles (F) , soy sauce (SF) and 5 spice.

will need to make more of an effort tomorrow with lunch but at least i used my hx B choice rather than syning something so thats a good effort in my book!

syns - portion of frozen mint aero (6 syns) just about to have this and have been looking forward to it all day yummy!!

Good luck tomorrow. I must look out my success express booklet for extra ideas.

I have been so busy this weekend i have no idea what I am having for lunch tomorrow which is not like me. I know what I am having for tea (chicken and mushroom pie from sw magazine) and will have yogurts and fruit for breakfast.

Good luck with SE, Jane. I might have to give that a try if I don't get close to my Christmas target :D

Wow Jane, well done on rationing the mint chocs. U r a better woman than I! I hope success express gives u a nice boost on the scales. I work out my thirds in terms of handfuls. So, 1 handful of prawns, 2 handfuls of salad etc. U could use one of the kids small plastic bowls maybe?xx

hi jane i'm like u with chocolate i was doing really well was on holiday last week and stuck to plan til friday then went mad eating my supply of curly wurlies and shapers bar in one go and bought a bag of jelly babies to top it all off felt sick after and thought why did i do it !!! :sigh: think it was because the hol had come to an end well thats my excuse lol got back on track sat my weigh in is weds so hopefully i can claw some of the syns back by then, good luck to u x

Good luck tomorrow. I must look out my success express booklet for extra ideas.

I have been so busy this weekend i have no idea what I am having for lunch tomorrow which is not like me. I know what I am having for tea (chicken and mushroom pie from sw magazine) and will have yogurts and fruit for breakfast.

Thanks teresa i feel like ive had a good SE day today, thats what im like everyday with my food i never know what im having until im ready to eat lol.....forward planning is not my strong point. x

Good luck with SE, Jane. I might have to give that a try if I don't get close to my Christmas target :D

Thanks judge judy i feel like im getting into the swing of it now, ill be doing the same again towards christmas time as ive challanged myself to be a target by then so at the moment i have 2st 3lb to lose by christmas EEK!!!! x

Wow Jane, well done on rationing the mint chocs. U r a better woman than I! I hope success express gives u a nice boost on the scales. I work out my thirds in terms of handfuls. So, 1 handful of prawns, 2 handfuls of salad etc. U could use one of the kids small plastic bowls maybe?xx

I know karen im rather proud of myself over the chocolate :) i had my portion last night and about an hour later i fancied some more but i somehow managed to resist:) thanks for the tip on how to work out my thirds, using your hands is a simple but great idea so ill be nicking that thanks x

hi jane i'm like u with chocolate i was doing really well was on holiday last week and stuck to plan til friday then went mad eating my supply of curly wurlies and shapers bar in one go and bought a bag of jelly babies to top it all off felt sick after and thought why did i do it !!! :sigh: think it was because the hol had come to an end well thats my excuse lol got back on track sat my weigh in is weds so hopefully i can claw some of the syns back by then, good luck to u x

hi valerie im exactly the same as you, infact normally i dont even have any chocolate in the house at all because i normally cant control myself around it:eek: hope you get a good loss on wednesday x

oops!!!!! im that blown away with the amount of visitors ive had to my diary recently lol that ive forgotten to update what ive ate today:

SE day

Breakfast - 2 weetabix (B) with milk (A) and a large banana (SF) not sure if ive managed the 2/3 rule with this?

Lunch - left over stirfry from last nights dinner - noodles (F), Quorn pieces (SF), stirfry veg (SF), soy sauce (SF) - definetly managed 2/3 with this meal :):)

Snack - banana (SF)

Dinner - 1/2 pkt uncle bens med veg rice (1 syn) 28g chorizo (3 syns) with mushrooms (SF), peppers (SF) just about managed the 2/3 with this meal.

going to enjoy 1 of my portions of mint aero shortly :)

popping by to say hi - looks like you've doing really well!! :) how's it going with SE?

just dont try to grab handfuls of tinned tomatoes :p

popping by to say hi - looks like you've doing really well!! :) how's it going with SE?

thanks for popping by dreamaholic, i think im doing ok with SE it took me a day or 2 to get my head round it but doing fine on it now thanks, going to try it till next tues (next WI day) in the desperate hope of a big loss x

just dont try to grab handfuls of tinned tomatoes :p

lol Karen, yeah def not a good idea x

well i weighed myself this morning and ive lost 1lb which im delighted about for once lol, if you remember my really bad week last week with the mcdonalds etc i thought i was guaranteed a gain but im guessing that the 2.5 days on SE have helped me out so im feeling really positive about continuing till next WI:)

My SE day so far has been like so:

Breakfast - 2 weetabix (B) with milk (A) and a banana (SF)

Lunch - chicken salad sandwich - Brown bread (B), chicken (F), tomato (SF), lettuce (SF) and mayo (0.5syns) followed by raspberries (SF) and FF fromage frais (SF)

dinner - not decided yet

just a wee update for today:

Dinner - 1 green pepper (SF), 1 orange pepper (SF), 1/2 red onion (SF) all chopped up and 'fryed' with 56g chorizo (higher syn value of 8) , rice (F) and FF fromage frais (SF)

evening snack - about 7 strawberries (SF) mixed with FF fromage frais (SF) and topped with 2 meringues (5 syns)

total syn count for today = 13.5

really happy that im getting into the swing of this SE week... lets hope for a healthy loss next week..fingers crossed xxxx

so pleased for you jane. just shows that when thngs go a bit loopy you can still achieve your goals. WELL DONE :D

Well done Jane a loss after a bad week is great and you seem to be getting the hang of things on the se I think I am joining you today but have not planned it out yet as didn't get back from funeral until gone midnight last night and have ended up with today off work too and had a lie in and haven't fancied anything to eat.

thanks Karen, well done on your loss too your doing fantastically well :)

hi Teresa its no good when your not in the right frame of mind to eat ((hugs)) hopefully you'll start feeling better as the day goes on, i never plan anything which is a habit that i cant seem to get out of but ive basically been having my normal EE meals but adding loads more veg and a bit less of the other stuff.

ill update what ive eaten today a bit later on as ive got a rotten headache and the computer aint helping at all :( x

well ive still got my headache its killing me and nothing ive took throughout the day painkiller wise hasnt helped at all:( so it has resulted in me being off plan for today i havnt been bad as such but didnt manage to do SE :(

plus the girls have been playing up since katie finished school today so that mixed with my sore head = meltdowns all round, it just seemed that it was one thing after another with them tonight from katie not wanting to do her homework to Sophie refusing to sit down to eat her dinner so its been a bit of a humdinger of a night for me.

breakfast - 2 weetabix (B) with milk (A) and a banana (SF

Snack - alpen light bar (3syns)

lunch - wholemeal roll (B) with chicken (F) and LF spread (3syns)

snack - banana

Dinner - uncle bens rice (1syn) with tesco mex fajita chicken strips 1/2 pkt (1syn) with FF fromage frais (SF)

no-where near enough SF foods today but im blaming it on my headache so im hoping that when i wake up in the morning it will be gone and ill have a super doper SE day ahead of me to make up for today x

hope you are feeling better for the morning jane. my eyes have gone funny so thats caused a headache for me and homework is a sore subject here too! I miss the summer holidays lol. big sympathetic hugs to you xxxxx

Back