Janes determination to lose 3stone- getting back to plan

jane76

Silver Member
Hi all, I started slimming world on tuesday 6th July and have never been so determined to lose my weight, since having my 2 beautiful girls aged 4 and 2 ive put on 2 stone and im totally miserable about it, im 13st 10:eek: and would love to lose 3st to get down to 10st 10:).

cant get to a class due to having none near me at a time to suit (on my own since split with husband) so doing it on my own with hopefully the help from all of you too.

im following mostly green and cant help thinking that im eating too much (started a thread here yesterday but no-one replied:cry:)

anyway thought id start up my own diary please say hi so i dont feel left out:cry:;)

Jane x

Just thought I would Hi :)

Good luck on your weight loss journey, I do green days only being a veggie. I have a food diary if you want to check it out.

P.S. I couldn't find your other thread?

Hello and welcome,

I am also a veggie so am doing green. It's mad the amount of food we can eat on this plan isn't it?! I've just got to make sure I only eat when I'm hungry though as too much snacking does not a happy weigh in make lol!

Keep checking in

ZXXXXXXXXXX

thanks for replying :) Millie ill check out your diary thanks hopefully give me some ideas etc, i might not have posted in the right place or maybe not done it at all oops lol.

Zoe thats what i worry about coz i seem to feel stuffed all the time esp at night but for example tonight i have still a HEb choice and ive only used 2 syns, obviously im not going to use them, ill just keep my syns for tomorrow x

well im feeling a bit proud of myself:D friday and saturday nights are normally my binging nights when im ashamed to admit i could make my way through several packets of crisps and several chocolate bars over the 2 nights:eek: and the thought hasnt even crossed my mind to do it:D

i couldnt resist weighing myself this morning even though im not meant to till tuesday... id stayed the same:mad: normally when im on a diet i would see a bit of a loss midway through so im hoping that something happens when i weigh in on tuesday. its time of the month soon though so perhaps thats effecting it:confused:

good afternoon! enjoying some quiet time today as both my girls have gone to their grans house for a few hours, i really should be cracking on with some housework but cant be bothered:eek:

just made myself some yummy scrambled eggs on toast and i used my cheese portion 'a' to mix in with the eggs, it was lovely and filling, and im thinking about quarn bolgonaise with spaghetti for dinner tonight.

i really need to start focusing on doing exercise, as at the moment im not doing much at all:eek: so ive ordered 'EA Active sports' for the wii fit hopefully it will be good and help me tone up:eek:
its my first weigh in on tuesday, ill be gutted if ive not lost anything:mad: so heres hoping.

Hello and good luck with your journey. I'm hoping to lose about the same amount and at the moment I am 3lbs lighter, so only 38lbs to go :)

I'm hoping that the EE plan will work well for me, though if my loss isn't great this week like it wasn't last week at 0.5lbs (WI tomorrow), then I may have to switch to green days, so I'll check out your diary :)

good luck with your WI tomorrow hopefully you will do well, im weighing in on tuesday morning so fingers crossed we'll both see good losses:)

although going on what ive just done i think i might have sabotaged any loss that i might have got!! for no reason that i can think of i have just completly binged on chocolate:mad: i had bought small 17g of galaxy ripple bars and kept them in the freezer for a little syn treat now and then but im soooo discusted in myself for what ive done.....ive just eaten 5 OF THEM :(:mad: i wasnt going to write this down but then it would be like denying that it has happened so have decided to write it down here so that i can see what ive done everyday, i didnt even enjoy them after the first bar, after that it was pure greed and now i feel sick:mad:

cant allow myself any syns now till i weigh in on tuesday morning and im going to make sure that this is my last ever binge because ive neer felt so bad about myself in such a long time

Thanks for the good wishes. About the chocolate incident, don't feel bad about it, it has happened already so try to forget about it. Just draw a line under it and start afresh (though it seems as though you are already doing this!)

It is fantastic that you have realised that binges don't make you feel any better (in fact most of the time they make you feel worse!) so this is a sign that you will do very well. If you do go off-plan, it isn't the end of the world, as you will pick yourself up and carry on :)

Good luck for your WI :)

well i weighed in this morning and have been left feeling really disheartened :( i only lost 1lb in my first week! apart from that one chocolate incident and even with that i didnt exceed my syn total as i didnt use any yesterday, i thought id been doing well but obviously not.
i only had one red day last week so going to try having some more reds this week as maybe all the pasta is bloating me too much???

whats worse is that im going out for an indian with my friends tonight for 1 of their birthdays which is the last thing that i need really going on the small loss :( but im planning on having dry chicken tikka with boiled rice so will need to try and work out the syns.

well i went out for my indian meal last night and it turned out to be a buffet so felt totally unprepared as was going to have the chicken sizzler but couldnt so ended up HAVING to eat a mixed platter starter that was put in front of me:eek: didnt eat much of it though, 2 popodooms, boiled rice and a spoonful of chicken tikka chasni and a spoonful of another chicken dish that i cant remember name of.

anyway onto today i had 2 weetabix this morning with milk, wasnt having breakfast at all last week so happy with that:)
for lunch i made tuna pasta with tbsp light mayo (2.5syns) and some ff fromage frais.
not decided what to have for dinner tonight but have some left over stir fry in fridge so might reheat that or defrost some quarn bolognaise and have it with a baked potato.... just decided im having that lol

oh and im going to try to do some exercise after i put the girls to bed tonight:eek:

well i finally decided on quarn bolognaise with boiled rice for my dinner last night.

im doing a full green week and am trying to cut down on the amount of pasta that im eating as i felt i ate too much of it last week andit might have bloated me a bit??? so will see how i do with rice and potatoes instead.oh and im running out of fruit and veg but cant afford to buy anymore for a few days:( this plan is costing me a lot of money on shopping:eek:

Hi Jane,

I'm new on here, just started my diary today! Please pay me a visit at some point, as I have none so far :(

I have just read your threads and I woudn't beat yourself up about the fact that you lost 1lb on your first week, I didn't have a massive loss on my first one either!

From looking at your meal plans, not that I'm an expert, it sounds like you don't need to cut back on pasta etc, maybe just increase fruit and veg so that a thirsd of your plate at every meal consists of them. I know you said you cannot afford to top up at the moment, but as soon as you can maybe buy lots of carrots, broccoli, green beans etc to include in your meals.

Hope this helps, I know how expensive this diet is. Are you a vegetarian? have you tried extra easy? I do ee, but end up spending a fortune each week!

Good luck

Anna xxx

http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world-weight-loss-diary/159790-annas-diary.html

Hi Jane, don't worry about only losing 1lb at your first WI. I only lost a 1lb too, and then lost 4lbs (and got SOTW) at my second (this week!).

What day do you weigh in? My WI is on a monday - very punishing after a weekend of indulgence :wave_cry:...

Hope all is well with you. Keep posting!

ZXXXXXXXXXXX

hi jane,

well done on the 1lb loss. xxx

theres a SW recipe book about family meals for £5 so prehaps that would help you with costs. I know ive spent a fortune getting all the basics i like but i figure im saving on all the take aways i used to eat lol. I eat a lot of pasta as well but have found ainsley harriot cous cous is much lighter and very tastey... though a 100g packet is 0.5 syn whereas pasta is free. i only buy wholegrain/wholewheat rice/pasta and find that doesnt bloat me as much as the white stuff. hope you are having a good day xxx

Hi Jane,

I'm new on here, just started my diary today! Please pay me a visit at some point, as I have none so far :(

I have just read your threads and I woudn't beat yourself up about the fact that you lost 1lb on your first week, I didn't have a massive loss on my first one either!

From looking at your meal plans, not that I'm an expert, it sounds like you don't need to cut back on pasta etc, maybe just increase fruit and veg so that a thirsd of your plate at every meal consists of them. I know you said you cannot afford to top up at the moment, but as soon as you can maybe buy lots of carrots, broccoli, green beans etc to include in your meals.

Hope this helps, I know how expensive this diet is. Are you a vegetarian? have you tried extra easy? I do ee, but end up spending a fortune each week!

Good luck

Anna xxx

http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world-weight-loss-diary/159790-annas-diary.html

Hi Anna, ill have a look at your diary after this at the start i felt like i was talklng to myself on here lol, i tried EE the last time i was on SW but couldnt get to grips with it somehow:confused:, thanks for the adivce on the 1/3 veg ill certianly give it a try, im not a vegetarian im just not a big meat eater, but i think im going to try a red week next once im less skint lol xx

Hi Jane, don't worry about only losing 1lb at your first WI. I only lost a 1lb too, and then lost 4lbs (and got SOTW) at my second (this week!).

What day do you weigh in? My WI is on a monday - very punishing after a weekend of indulgence :wave_cry:...

Hope all is well with you. Keep posting!

ZXXXXXXXXXXX
hiya, i hope i do as well as you in my 2nd week:) i had a sneaky weigh in yesterday and had lost 1lb but did the same this morning and id put it back on:( i know i shouldnt have done it but im just desperatley hoping to lose something:confused: im not due to weigh until tuesday so hopefully by then, goodluck for your wi on monday xx

hi jane,

well done on the 1lb loss. xxx

theres a SW recipe book about family meals for £5 so prehaps that would help you with costs. I know ive spent a fortune getting all the basics i like but i figure im saving on all the take aways i used to eat lol. I eat a lot of pasta as well but have found ainsley harriot cous cous is much lighter and very tastey... though a 100g packet is 0.5 syn whereas pasta is free. i only buy wholegrain/wholewheat rice/pasta and find that doesnt bloat me as much as the white stuff. hope you are having a good day xxx

Hi Karen, thanks ill have a look out of that book, your right about the money spent on takeaways :eek: i never thought about that coz you dont spend that on your weekly shop its extras during the week. i think ill start buying wholegrain pasta/rice to see if that helps.
I had cous cous with my dinner last night but i thought it was free:confused: oops:eek:

hope you have a good day too xx

cous cous is free hun, its just the ainsley harriot ones have a tiny half syn... but he makes it better than i can lol xxx

thanks karen thats good to know, i dont think it was that cous cous i had though cant remember lol, think it was tescos own med veg cous cous:)

OH DEAR!!!! what a rotten day ive had:( i feel like ive spent the whole day shouting at my kids they are 4 and 2 and seem to be fighting constantly, ignoring me and generally creating havoc all day:mad: so i completly missed breakfast only having a banana so not good for my eating breakfast challange:(, lunch was ok with me having a cheese toastie ('a' &'b') then a yoghurt.
however when it came to dinner time it all went wrong, i got the kids a mcdonalds and myself a cheese burger and medium chips:eek::eek: so the syns for today and tomorrow have gone on that.

on the plus side my youngest daughter (2yrs) cracked potty training today after only 2 days intensive nappy off time with only 1 accident the whole time:D

oh and i completed 30mins exercise on my EA active wii fit game:D

heya jane,

you have syned the macdonalds so dont consider that to be a bad thing. we can have this kinda thing, as long as we syn it and keep control. well done, many would have had much more and not bothered to syn it so congrats for keeping your wits about you. I went over my syns today but figure that its still counted up and i will have less tomorrow.

Congrats to your daughter... what a good girl! I seem to remember mine squatting over my boots and laughing while she piddled into them....

Back