Janes determination to lose 3stone- getting back to plan

thanks Teresa im sure ill get used to its taken me back to the days when i was younger and i used to be even more adventurous with my cut and colours lol ...... just reading that back it makes me sound ancient lol im only 33 soon to be 34 ;)

your right about me fighting with red days whats the point im only going on the basis of having one good week on red when i first started but i think ill stick with what i know best :)

Yeah, I have to say green days all the way! I love your hair Jane, it reminds me that I really need to book for mine to be done. I seem to go to the magic 11 weeks and then feel like I need to have it done asap :) Seriously impressed with throwing away the second half of the biscuit!

thanks girlies im soooooooooo happy with our wee support group that we've got going here :D

todays been ok! a bit busy but ok, i left the house at 9.30 this morning and didnt get home till 5.45pm so not good for trying to stay on plan:( seriously think i need to ban myself from going anywhere with a tea room that sells scones lol because i ate another one today EEK!!! but once again i did enjoy eating it and think to myself that i sould be able to allow myself to eat a scone if i want so long as i control my syn count over the week and continue to lose my standard 1lb....i might moan about only losing 1lb each week but i shouldnt really if im still losing should i? owh that was a bit of a ramble you can tell im tired lol.

breakfast - nothing....was in a rush and didnt have time

lunch - the delightful scone lol (12)

dinner - birds eye roast beef with gravy(F) sw roasties (F), carrots(SF) cabbage(SF) 'fried' with bacon(F)..... absolutely gorgeous :D

pudding - raspberries with quark/fromage frais mixture and a meringue (2.5)

total syns = 14.5

right im off to bed i spent about 3 hours tonight posting stuff on ebay as it was free listings weekend:) so ive got square eyes from looking at the laptop lol

see you all tomorrow xx

Hi Jane I am going to call you The scone scoffing queen LOL

I think you are right, if you continue to lose a pound a week and yet allow yourself a synned scone occasionly then you are doing the right thing you are making the plan workable which is what margaret miles bramwell wants people to do.

I would do a can bran challenge with you if you want we could see who could be the most creative with the scan bran. Shall we start on wednesday after wi?

Teresa

yes its me the scone scoffing queen lol and as i was keen to live up to my name i had one today aswell lol but only half and with jam no butter so im going to esstimate 5 syns rather than normally 12 for a full one with jam and butter so hopefully ive got it right!
my oldest daughter woke up this morning with no voice:( so thought id better keep her off school and take her to the doctors to check it out so it seems shes got a viral throat infection but being a child she doesnt know the meaning of resting her voice lol so dont see it getting better anytime soon, because of this my day was thrown a little off kilter as we spend most of the morning waiting to be seen at the docs....nightmare!

right ok lets do the scan bran challange:D ill need to get to holland & barrett tomorrow to buy some before i can start on wednesday, hmmmmm now to think about what to do with it lol i think ill have a troll through the site for ideas.

breakie - handful of raspberries -whilst waiting on the phone to the doctors

lunch - homemade lentil soup with roll (B) and scrape of marg (1)

snack - half a jam scone :blush: lol (5)

dinner - fresh pasta (2) chorizo (2) quorn chicken spinach and quark.......delish:)

LOL glad you like your new nickname! Have you ever tried scan bran if not you may want to try it before you start a challenge LOL It is very filling and makes you feel like you have had more to at as it is such hard work to chew LOL

lol yeah ive tried it before just wasnt rushing to the shops to buy more once id finished it lol, i found it very palatable by crushing it and mixing with nutella to make ferrero rocher thingies yummm but very moreish if fact try a whole jar of nutella more over a weekend!!! and ive a cheek to complain about my weight loss lol

Hi Jane
I'm loving our support group too (says me, the one who's been awol the past couple of days!).... I had scan bran twice over the weekend instead of cheese and biscuits with my visitors and then yesterday I had it for breakfast with sliced banana. I'm sure there are some other cake recipes out there too, ferrero rocher sounds great but I know I'd end up eating the nutella straight out of the jar! Hope you dont catch the throat x

Right disaster!!!!!!! i forgot to get my scan bran today:( but ill make sure i get some tomorrow as katie should hopefully be going back to school her voice is coming back but by bit so i think she'll be alright in the morning, she said the funniest/cutest thing today....."ill need to go into my room and have a good look around to see where i lost my voice" lol she had me and my mum in stitches with that one.

im not looking forward to WI in the morning as im feeling a bit bloated:( i just mentioned across on goblinos thread about me having totm 3 times during this month and i really hope that its not just about to happen again:( for the past 2 and a bit years ive had a contracteptive implant in my arm (sorry if your squeamish ) so because of whats been happening this month i went to the nurse today to get it removed!! so my arms all bandaged up but at least i should soon settle down into a 'routine', the nurse said something that i found quite interesting too and that was that with any hormone contracteptive you get false hunger which obviously can make you gain weight or make it harder to lose weight when dieting! this is my first time hormone free since i was 17 apart from the times off the pill to conceive so by my reckoning the weight should simply be falling off me from now onwards lol.....I wish!:)

breakfast - 2 weetabix with milk (A+B)

lunch - buffet at sophies playgroup haloween party, luckily most of the food was gone by the time i got back from the doctors surgery so all that was left was french baguette sections with ham and cheese, they were very small about 2 inch by 2 inch and i ate one of them so im going to say 3.5syns? i used my remaining 'A' from this mornings milk for the cheese and the ham was free.

biscuit (5)

dinner - rice(F) with quorn chicken(F), bacon (F), chorizo (2) and loads of spinach to make my 1/3rd stupid question coming up but i take it you can measure the 1/3rd at raw weight? as the spinach was well over 1/3 raw but wilted away to practically nothing when cooked?

right not quite sure what has just happened but here is my confession......i opened one of my kitchen cupboards and a bag of chocolate coins fell out! now a sensible person would have put it back into the cupboard but then im NOT sensible so i thought well ill just have 1...wrong decision!! i ate the full bag so on my last day of this week ive totally blown my syn count and added to the fact that i feel all bloated i am quite certain of a gain in the morning:(

I wish i would wake up one morning soon and decide that i hate the taste of chocolate and then all my problems would be solved lol.

Hi Jane, hope weigh in goes well. I think we all need a fresh start! Oh you poor thing having the injection taken out (ouch), I'm so squeemish with everything like that. I became hormone free 18 months ago and to start with it was great, I did feel so much better for it. I started having reflexology not long after to get rid of TOTM type headaches and thats made me feel better too. Hope everything settles down for you with the TOTM (3 times a month is just not nice!). Hope you're having a better day.

Hi Jane agree with you about the chocolate thing my weight problem would be solved if chocolate had never been invented and in the past few weeks tesco chocolate buttons lol. Hoping by keeping diary on here to avoid them by not wishing to confess my sins. I used to make the sw ferrero rocher quite a lot they are really yummy. Hope weigh in goes well.

Hi Jane

How are you doing ? Hope all is going well :)

I didnt have a change to get on last night as katie wasnt well again so i was tending to her most of the night. I STS on the scales yesterday, which is good i suppose considering the several scones that i consumed during the week and the chocolate on Tuesday night, but this is a new week and a fresh attempt to get it right.

yesterday though wasnt quite on plan but ive been thinking about having my wednesdays slightly off plan (but still in control and counting the syns) and then being really good the rest of the days not having any more than 10 syns each day....do you think it will work? i started my scan bran challange today and although im aiming for 5 per day i only managed 2.5 today so will need to be more inventive with eating it as its quite hard to eat it as it is lol.

anyway onto today (green)

B - 2 weetabix with milk (1/2A & B)

S - alpen light bar (1/2 B)

L - 2 and a half scan bran with cottage cheese ....it was 3 scan bran until sophie who at 2.5yrs decided that she liked it :0 so i lost half of it to her lol

S - fox's rocky crispy crunch biscuit (4) and very worth it:D

D - cauliflower cheese from magazine using cheese from (A), sw chips and 4 quorn nuggets (2)

P - not had yet but will be raspberries with quark and a meringue (2.5)

so total syn count 8.5:)

A sts wasn't bad at all considering. I am having to drop out of the scan bran challenge at the start as my tooth has started hurting really badly when i chew on it. I am waiting for a dental appointment to possibly have it taken out or a major filling, it was supposed to be seen to 4 months ago but i had my bike accident and had to have an emergency extraction on the the other side and my dentist was worried about trauma to my jaw. It had stopped hurting but now it is hurting again so i can not chew on that side, scan bran is just impossible with sore teeth ! (long explanation)

I used to eat as few syns as possible during the week and save some for a big treat on weigh in day after weigh in.

You have to do what works for you.

Good luck for the week.

Teresa

Jane a STS was good :) Hope you are having a good day on plan today ? I think you could use a weds as a treat day and that might help you to keep on track for the rest of the week. I'm with you on the more scan bran this week! Teresa I agree its a bit tough on the teeth!!!

ouch about your mouth, i was supposed to get root canal treatment last month but cancelled because im a scaredy cat, its not hurting me....yet so i really need to grin and bear it and re book :(

the scan bran challenge continues and today i aim to eat 5 so a full 'B' choice i found yesterdays 2.5 quite boring so decided to make a scan bran and raspberry cake (i found the recipe on here somewhere) 5 syns for the whole cake if using 'B' choice for the bran. so the result is that it definitely still tastes like scan bran but it is much easier to eat especially as it has raspberries throughout it, its made quite a big cake and therefore quite filling so again struggling to eat it all but im going to have some more just now topped with my special quark mixture and fruit.

B - 1 weetabix with milk (1/2 A & 1/2 B) and 1 scan bran

S - mixed fruit with quark mixture and half a meringue (1) kiwi, strawberries and raspberries

L - slice of scan bran cake with quark and sweetener

D - sw chips and cheese 'A' was meant to have something else but was busy re-arranging my livingroom so only managed to put my chips in and they were ready before id managed to make anything else.

P - remaining scan bran cake (5) with low fat custard (found a tub in the cupboard) and it made the cake a lot nicer lol (6.5 syns)

total syn count = 12.5

so total syns =

sorry gobolino i missed your post lol, yeah well so far having wednesday as my treat day seems to be working so fingers crossed i manage to continue being focused for the rest of the week. thats great that your going to do the scan bran challenge too, im away to look up some different ways to eat it x

Back