Janes determination to lose 3stone- getting back to plan

Looking for different ways to use scan bran is definitely a good move! Was the cake nice ? Would you make it again ? I enjoy scan bran with sliced banana and cinnamon.....quite yummy in the morning :)

the cake was ok i think i cooked it too long as it was a bit solid but given a choice to eat scan bran on its own or as the cake i would def choose the cake, i made chickpea cake once and threw it away after one bite coz it was disgusting so i suppose compared to that it was nice lol

i was going to have scan bran with banana this morning but just crushed it into my weetabix instead so might try that tomorrow i just think the cardboardness (my new word lol) will take a bit of getting used to, but if it helps me lose then ill keep eating it.

They are natures little scrubbing brushes - they're bound to help weight loss ! I'm tempted to make the cake myself now :)

i have just had the most delicious dinner tonight i dont normally eat this late but wanted to wait till the girls were in bed so they didnt steal any of it Mhawhahaha, i made the steak and chips with a mushroom sauce (think it was from last months mag) im sitting here looking at my empty plate wishing there was some left lol but im stuffed so couldnt even if i tried. ive only had one scan bran today and because i did EE i dont have the extra B choice to use with it so im going to have to force myself to use some syns so i can eat it and i mean force because i can imagine so much nicer things to have with my syns on a sat night lol.

B - 1 weetabix with milk and 1 scanbran crushed up with it (A+B)

L - ham salad

S - fibre plus bar (5.5)

D - fillet steak with mushroom sauce, chips, leftover cauliflower cheese (only a little bit left so i can use the remaining portion from this mornings A choice for the cheese as dont use my full portion of milk for breakie) and a steam bag of carrots, tenderstem brocolli and green beans)

syns so far 5.5 and a tablespoon of nutella is 4 so that makes 9.5 and if i crush up 2 scan bran to mix with the nutella i could have the ferrero rocher thingies hmmmmmm but would i be able to stop at 1 table spoon of it???????

arghhhhh guess who forgot to put her clocks back last night!, it wasnt till 12.30 today that i realised it was actually only 11.30! so im totally out of synch with myself and cant wait to get back to bed tonight. plus im sooo hungry but cant be bothered making myself anything substantial to eat so im just picking at things:( hmmmmmmm today is not a good day for me:(:(

Oh no Jane, hope you managed to turn your day around. I love having an extra hour, I just wish we could have it every Sunday !!!

no unfortunatley i didnt manage to turn my day around:( just like you said on your thread i couldnt work out when i was supposed to be eating and ended up picking all day then i ended up eating a cheeseburger and med fries from mcdonalds for my dinner on the way to pick the girls up from their grans house it was a bad choice but i knew i wasnt going to have time to make anything to eat what with us being out trick n treating, plus i had a few little chocolate ball things too:( my head is a bit of a mess today due to the clocks and the fact that i watched every hour on the clock last night i didnt sleep at all:( so ill be glad to get to my bed soon.

breakfast - 1 weetabix with 2 scanbran (A + B + 1 syn for the other scanbran)

Lunch - left over half piece of fillet steak ate cold from the fridge!

dinner - cheeseburger and med fries (need to check the syns for this)

a few bits of chocolate throughout the day!

supper - 2 weetabix with 1 scan bran (A+B+1 syn)

think my best bet would be at a red day today and will work out the exact syns tomorrow when ive more energy:(

hey glad to see you back! im not sure whats going on with me but im struggling big time with the plan:( i know its got a lot to do with all the sweets and chocolates in the house from halloween, i have not self control around chocolate so dont have loads of it normally but obviously just now the house is full of it and i keep finding myself eating it and i know that ive definitely exceeded my syns for the week and will be in for a gain in the morning:( i just seem to have lost my motivation which is no good at all with me being only 1/3 of the way to target, so i think that i will look into going to a class again but not the one i used to go to as i dont like her so will need to see if there is another class near by then maybe ill get my mojo back and be able to shift the rest of my weight before 2020 lol
I'm going to run a bath for myself and then ill pop over to your threads afterwards xx

Anything I can do to help? I do think if you can get to a class it will help (but i would say that) but seriously i know i need the discipline of someone else weighing me in.

I am going to get my members to set a christmas goal tomorrow and try and challenge as many as possible to aim for 10 to 14 pounds before christmas to try and motivate them. It is still possible!!!

Teresa

thanks Teresa i know your right i too need the 'fear factor' of some1 else weighing me lol, i was all motivated at the begining and was confident in doing it solo but as the weeks have went on my motivation has decreased as has my rate of physical activity....after i damaged my knee when running i practically stopped doing anything which has a lot to do with my slow losses too.

Anyway im set to join a class tomorrow morning and im excited about being re-motivated but also scared because the scales will be different and it might have me at even more to lose:( i weighed myself this morning as usual and it showed a 1lb gain which was to be expected but i will update on my offical starting weight after class tomorrow.

Im not going to have an off plan day today as it wont help in the long run but im going out for lunch with my friend so will eat what i want to eat for lunch but be straight back to plan for everything else after that so kinda half on plan half off plan but fresh start as of tomorrow. x

Hi Jane, sorry to hear you are struggling, I think you need to congratulate yourself on where you've got to up to now! Seriously, 1/3 of the way to target is great and the class will be a great boost to get your motivation back :) My incentive is to lose as much as I can to promise myself to go to class in Jan.... losing as much as I can means I'll be saving a bit of money in the long run and also having class as an incentive for the last part of the journey should keep me plodding to the end (right to the end for a change!).

I hope you have a lovely lunch out. I must admit the last couple of weeks when I've said to myself 'you are allowed weds off plan', I actually havent been bad at all. But its great to say to myself you can choose to go off plan and then actually not choose it! This reinforces the fact that you want to look long term and want to get to target/be healthy/fit into things more than you want to eat badly.

Good luck for the morning. Hows the scan bran going ? I had mine with cottage cheese yesterday :)

Oh thats funny, I just realised I'm a third of the way to target too :p

good luck with your slimming world group tomorrow i know going back is so hard and the scales could well be different so just accept that is your sw weight it won't chase the size you are ... just maybe different numbers ...it could be less :)

Enjoy your lunch today

Teresa

Hope it goes well for you at your new group.:) I can identify with needing someone to weigh me to frighten me into sticking to plan but I will have to find something else to spur me on for the moment.I am going to set myself a christmas challenge, perhaps that will give me a kick in the right direction!
Good luck tomorrow. X

thanks girls for all your support:) ive only gone and double booked myself for tomorrow lol ive got a appt at 10am that id completly forgotten about but the class is at 10.30am so i really need to hope that i can get to class in time? Teresa think your the best person to ask about this lol so if my class starts at 10.30 is that when the image therapy thing starts or when everyone is getting weighed? if its the latter then i might still be in with a chance to make it after my other appointment. even if i dont get to that class then they have a 5.30 class the same night but id need to take the girls with me so definitely wouldnt stay to the class so im really hoping to get to the morning one.

my lunch was lovely today not sw friendly at all but lovely :) i had chicken breast topped with bacon & cheese and smothered in bbq sauce with chips on the side, then a desert of chocolate fudge cake and cream so im taking that as my last blow out before my fresh start in the morning.

Jane i think a christmas countdown would be a great idea for you to do im going to do one too and aim for 7lb before christmas - fingers crossed. i cant afford to be going to class but im going to find the money even for a short while just to get back into the swing of it, hopefully if things turn around for you then you might be able to get back to your class in the future, will need to pop over to your diary to see how your doing - sorry for not being around for you lately.

Gobolino the scan bran is going ok though i havnt had any today at all oops but had 5 yesterday so my full B choice....2 of them crushed into 1 weetabix and the other 3 i ate with leftover hm stew at lunch time which although sounds like a bit of strange combination was actually quite nice lol

As you are a new member the new member talk would be 10 to 10.30 which is when members get weighed (not new members though) then image therapy and then new member weigh in. But some consultants are more lenient with rejoins so i might just give the consultant a ring.

Teresa

phew!! well i just about managed to get to my first class this morning:) i got there at 10.40 and everyone was still being weighed so i just slipped in lol and when it was my turn to weigh my consultant took one look at me and said 'oh i remember you from years ago when you used to come here' which was like 7 or 8 years ago lol shes obviously got a good memory considering the amount of people that must come and go over all the years lol, just as i feared would happen her scales were quite a bit different from mine and have shown a difference of 4lb's so dont know quite what to do about that?? either i have to re adjust my stats here and remove my 1st sticker:( or i keep my stats the way they are until i catch up with them if that makes sense? what do you think girls?

i am however feeling really motivated since the class today and feel like ive got my fight back to lose the weight so lets hope that it continues to help me because its going to be a struggle to find the money each week:(

EE day today:

B - nothing as was in a rush to get out.

S - half packet hula hoops (3)

L - sw friendly bruschetta - baby plum tomatoes fried with spraylight, garlic and balsamic vinegar (salt, pepper and sweetner to taste) served on 2 slice 400g wholemeal toast.

S - Banana

D - birds eye baked to perfection garlic chicken (2.5) served with rice and mixed veg, also made a garlicy sauce using quark, milk to thin, garlic, salt and pepper.

S - 28g milk chocolate (7.5)

total syns = 13

still have my 'a' choice to use so think ill have 3 mini babybel lights in a minute to use it up.

Well done for getting to a new class :) Has it been 8 years since you've been to a class or just 8 years since that particular one ? I think whatver you decided to do for recording your weight will be fine..... as Teresa said you're not actually bigger, its just weighing on different scales, times of day etc that make the difference!

Your bruschetta sounds lovely, I think I need to give that a try :)

I hope the class really does the trick for you and you find its worth the money. Have you thought about doing a countdown to make it more reasonable ?

Hope today has gone well x

Back