Jane's Diary

You're right Jane, nothing is better than your own bed.

Just back from class - lost 1.5lbs :)

What's for dinner tonight?

Well done Crystal. I hope I do as well. How was the driving?

I've been a paragon of virtue tonight :D leek and potato soup to start with no bread. Fillet steak with a herby mixed salad and cherry tomatoes for my main course. Decaf filter coffee with semi skimmed milk afterwards. I gave hubby my chocolates that came with it. I'm just going to add it to myfitnesspal. One diet coke and a sip of wine during meal. I even gave hubby the reminder of my wine so i probably only had about 30 ml. I'll have to guess at portion size for the food.

Btw I must confess, I brought my own pillow from home on this trip. I hate rock hard pillows or ones that too soft. I use a dunlopillow (sp) which are made of latex and are soooooo comfy. I've had one of these since being a toddler - not the same one, but this make. Lol.

Xx

Hi to all. It's like siberia here today! No snow but absolutely pouring down and blowing a gale.

Breakfast: 2 weetabix. Semi skimmed milk and ground coffee. I found two scabby, crumpled hifi cran & Yog bars in the bottom of my bag so I ate those too :).

Got my test results back and have not got Haemochromatosis, which is good. I now need to find out why my ferritin is so high. I don't take iron supplements, cook in iron or take vitamin c. I'll have to speak to my doctor when I have my thyroid bloods done in a couple of weeks.

Just debating whether to sink my teeth into a Freezing cold apple, maybe I should warm it a bit first :)

Xx

Good news re the test results Jane.

Boo to the horrible weather, it's much the same here too.

Lol at the scabby hi fi bars at the bottom of your bag :D

Hello both

good news on the weight loss Crystal :) and great that it isn't haemochromatosis Jane, hopefully you'll get some answers soon, it is sometimes about ruling things before you can get diagnosed properly.
I haven't really explored the myfitnesspal fully yet, I have a new phone which is taxing enough in itself
:giggle:. Girls I have a confession I still haven't been on the scales - not good really but I have tried to be more aware of my eating but it I probably do need to face up to things and get competitive about trying to lose weight (if only with myself).
Hasn't it been cold? There has been some snow in these here parts - not much but enough to cause much disruption!! Unfortunately I could make it in to work with no problem :gen125: Typical I was in Next at the beginning of the week buying t-shirts, blame me!
I must admit to being ready for a long weekend - my son is home or the weekend so opportunity for a nice catch up, he lives in London now, father -son bonding time now as footie on TV in the other room as I prepare for the Apprentice with my daughter in the other. I know we've seen it all before but I still enjoy it.
Hope you both have a lovely weekend, good idea about the extra driving lessons Crystal, I think driving is , a lot more complicated these days so it all helps.

Take care

Sue x

Hi

First a confession. I was naughty yesterday and ate 3 Alpen choc and fudge bars in a row (it might have been 4). I ate one, looked at the rest and before I knew what was happening I'd eaten them :eek:. Sometimes you just have to eat!

Got back to the hotel repentant and had leek and potato soup, followed by the risotto and courgette stuffed roasted butternut squash, followed by coffee. No bread, no desert and gave choccies to hubby.

I feel I ate too much but it probably wasnt as bad as it felt.

This morning Ive had two weetabix with semi skimmed milk and coffee. I have apples and Melba toast in the car and no Alpen left. Alpen light are only 3 syns each so if I'd added it up Sw wise I reckon it would have been ok! it just felt far too much.

Sue, stop buying T shirts, we need some sun. What phone have you got? I've got an htc desire but it's getting old now. I'm thinking of getting an iPhone next. I think the apps are good and it'll be compatible with my iPad and iPod. Apple are taking over the world!!

Got to dash, hubby is waiting.
Xx

Good morning Jane

Aw don't worry about the Alpen bars - I don't think it was that bad cos the rest of your food for the day was good. Sometimes we just need a little binge to get us back on track, if that makes sense! I think you're doing really really well being away from home so don't beat yourself up about it.

Is today the last day or will you be there tomorrow too?

Have a good day :)

Hi crystal. How's the weather, it's a bit cloudy with sun breaking through here. We drive home tomorrow. Hooray, back to normal food :). I think my next trip away will be Gozo at the end of may. Thank goodness. Xx

The sun is shining at the moment, but how long it will last is anyone's guess! As long as it's not snowing or raining I'm happy.

You'll be looking forward to getting back to your own bed and like you say it will be easier for food!

Do you have anything nice planned for Easter weekend?

i sometimes find a small slip over syns helps my loss, not suggesting doing it every week but every now and again it doesn't seem to hurt. wonder if it kick starts the metabolism some how xxx

hope you have a lovely day xxxxx

The sun is shining at the moment, but how long it will last is anyone's guess! As long as it's not snowing or raining I'm happy.

You'll be looking forward to getting back to your own bed and like you say it will be easier for food!

Do you have anything nice planned for Easter weekend?

No nothing really. We will see the grandchildren and give them their Easter eggs. The three houses near us all have young children so I've bought them eggs each, just to be neighbourly :)

We are having a path laid so I expect, if it's finished, I'll be working in the garden. I've bought a metal gazebo to go over a round bit in the middle. I plan on planting evergreen clematis up it. I just need to find one that isn't too rampant.

What are your plans?

Xx

Hi Mandy. Nice to see you here. How did you do at the meeting? My sister-in- law put on 1.5 lb. She was gutted. She's decided she needs to write everything down.

Xx

Well my evening meal was good. Starter was cooked beetroot with feta crumbled on top and a little salad. There wasn't much feta so m sure it was ok plus I'm pretty sure I'm not having my quota of milk each day. Main course: Fillet steak, salad and new potatoes. I had one bite of bread and butter off hubby. I just wanted to taste the lovely homemade bread they serve here. I also had a very small glass of red wine. I finished off with decaf coffee and gave the chocolates to hubby :)

He's absolutely pigged out this week with a three course meal each day, full cooked breakfast and beer and wine. I bet he's gone down and I've gone up when we get home!

Xx

Well my evening meal was good. Starter was cooked beetroot with feta crumbled on top and a little salad. There wasn't much feta so m sure it was ok plus I'm pretty sure I'm not having my quota of milk each day. Main course: Fillet steak, salad and new potatoes. I had one bite of bread and butter off hubby. I just wanted to taste the lovely homemade bread they serve here. I also had a very small glass of red wine. I finished off with decaf coffee and gave the chocolates to hubby :)

He's absolutely pigged out this week with a three course meal each day, full cooked breakfast and beer and wine. I bet he's gone down and I've gone up when we get home!

Xx

Your meal sounds lovely Jane, it's making me hungry again hehe!

Ha I know, my husband is the same, he definitely doesn't put on weight like I do and seems to be able to lose it a lot easier and quicker - not fair!

Well done Mandy. That's brilliant, bet you are so pleased.

I've just been on the scales:( and I'm up 3lb. I know it's not what I ate whilst away but what I ate yesterday! I came in and for some unknown reason ate the biscuits I'd bought for the men laying the path. I then nipped out to replace them and bought some scones and a ready made rhubarb crumble with ready made custard. At least I bought be good to yourself custard:eek:. Anyway I enjoyed my pigout but feel very remorseful now. Hopefully the gain will be transient as I'm back on the wagon today. At least I've got until Wednesday morning to get back down.

Xxx

Morning Jane :)

Aw don't worry too much about the gain, I'm sure by Wednesday it will be back down. Draw a line under yesterday, you did so well being away so don't be too hard on yourself!

Have a lovely day xxxx

Thanks crystal, I will. I don't feel like eating much today, I still feel full from yesterday:eek:.

I have tons of washing to do today, another exciting Saturday at home. I also have to sort out the various Easter eggs I've bought and distribute them over the next day or two. What are you up to?

Xx

Ah the dreaded washing after you've been away for a few days, hate it!

Today I'm having a fairly quiet day, got some eBay parcels to put together (sold some of my bigger clothes, so no going back!), visit to Mum & Dad's this afternoon then I'm meeting up with all my best girl friends tonight. I am driving so I'm not tempted to have too much wine!!

Your Grandaughters will be excited for all their eggs tomorrow I bet!

Hi Jane, you've been quiet the last few days - hope you're enjoying the long weekend :)

Back