Total Solution Janeys diary

You're doing excellent, and you are finding what your triggers are for eating which is good too. :D

You're doing really well - keep it going :)

Day 10 nearly done has been a tough one today I'm off work with the kids at the mo but I'm ok during the day I even coped quite happily in Macie d's at lunch time with the kids but it's the evening that kills me, tea time very one is eating and I can barely cope.

I know I could have a small protein meal to get through every few days, like I was going to have some chicken tonight, but Hubbie doesn't agree with me doing this diet so it feels like out out of spite he said well if you can't do it properly I don't know why you bother you need to make your mind up what you want.

I know he's right but it made me so so angry, I even started to plan to eat behind his back, I know that's madness, the only one I'd be hurting is me. I need to find something other than food or alcohol to make me happy, please tell me that comes with time???

Any who one way or another day10 100%

Well done. It really does get easier. Have you a specific goal you're working towards with your weight loss? I find it very much easier if I have an event in a few months, or a dress I'll have to fit into, that kind of thing. Stick with it, the feeling once you get where you want to be is fantastic.

Thanks smiley, i don't have a specific goal in the short term, I need to find one though I agree, my long term goal is to lose 13 stone in total to get me to 11 stone and a healthy bmi, I'd like to get there for next summer, it's tough but doable.

I'm going to book a family holiday abroad for next year, my Hubbie hates to fly but my boys have never been abroad and I haven't been abroad for 10 years since my honeymoon, and quite frankly I deserve it after the year I've had, and drizzly Wales just ain't going to cut it I'm afraid.

My long term goal does seem so far off so i'm finding it hard to imagine ill get there at the moment. I know I'll get there I do, it's just going to be a very very long road.

My mood and struggle over the last few days is now starting to make sense though my monthlies have just started, blinking hormones. I already feel better now I know the cause.

Ah, now it makes sense! Yes,I think a holiday at the time you think you'll be at goal would be a good incentive and 13 stone in a year would be achievable.
When I've done vlcd in the past, I've struggled in the times I didn't have an incentive, and just losing the weight was never enough of one. The other major difference this time is that I've used the time on the diet to put my plans in place to continue losing, and then maintenance once I return from my Bali holiday. Its with the help of the great friend(s) I've meet on here that I've been able to work out a realistic plan for that. I've never planned ahead for that before, and I think that's going to be the key fit keeping the weight off for me.

What have you planned for maintenance? I know it's early days for me but I have started to try and plan for when food returns to my life, I really do not want to go through this again! My plan so far is low fat and low carb, I will also probably continue to use protein shakes/bars for at least breakfast as its so convenient.

Well that's my thinking for now, there is plenty of time to fine tune it!

day 11 morning, feel ok this morning, bit of a tummy ache and head ache but that's because it's my time of the month, feel better knowing why I've been struggling, quite proud of myself really because no matter how hard it got I didn't give in. I don't think I've ever managed a weekend, time of the month or holiday on any diet I done in the past without a little cheat let alone one as extreme as this, and I've achieved all of this in the last 7 days 100%.

I'll be back later to update on the day
Xxx

I'm going to be doing low carb with 2 fasting days per week. I have read books, made menu plans and shopping lists in preparation.
I'm not sure low carb and low fat would be the best way. Most low fat, or diet labelled foods are higher in carb. Also, fats don't effect you adversely unless eaten with carbs. Have a look at protein power by Dr Michael Eades online, there's also a great book.
Have a great day.

so hows it going Janey? a good week?? :) the 10lb loss is stunning! you must be so pleased, well done, thats really great!

Back