January 2009 - Starters

Hi there
sorry to hear you have had a rough time - head injury? hope you are ok
poppy was looking at exante as a cheaper alternative (on the maintenance thread)
whatever you decide, keep popping on here - its keeping me on the straight and narrow (just!)
lovely to hear from you
daisy x

Hi everyone, sorry I've been AWOL a bit too - new job and 6am starts for a non morning person has been hell!

Nice to see you back Louale - you'll still be in the right place on here if you restart in January - afterall this is the January starters thread lol! Don't worry about what has passed though, you've been through the experience once and it will give you all you need to do it again and go all the way and beyond this time :D

TI, well done on all you've done so far. Hope you have a good week away and try not to worry too much about RTM - you'll approach it with the same determination as you did abstinence and I'm sure you'll do just as well!

Daisy, well done on your restart, you're doing fab and doing the best thing by nipping things in the bud!

SIIM - fantastic to see you :D:D:D Sorry things have been tough for you and sorry we lost touch a bit over the summer as I barely had time to breathe! I hope you find the solution you need and don't worry, I know what you're saying about our LLC. I've not been for weeks and I've only had one phonecall and that was to say that there was a new management group on Wednesday mornings. I know that this is the LL thread but have you investigated other VLCDs - CD has counsellors around here, there is another LLC in St Asaph - is that too far? You could also try W8 (although there doesn't appear to be a counsellor here because that was meant to be me lol) or how about Celebrity Slim which gives you a bit of flexibility? It would be nice to get back in touch and we could try and get that coffee one day - we could meet in Bangor or something? Sorry for the ramble everyone else lol!

Finally, a quick update on me. I'm fluctuating between doing ok and struggling. Although I would love to drop another stone and a half I am trying to concentrate on maintaining until the new year and possibly going back on packs then - I just can't think about it with the new job etc and the number of social functions I have in the run up to christmas! I am still going to my exercise classes and loving them. I hoping that will help keep things on an even keel until the new year!

Sorry I've rambled tons now so I'm off!!!!

Hi all
So lovely to hear from the old January starters! I lurk around the boards every few weeks or so when I get a spare minute so it's great to see those familiar names again!

Sorry to hear that some of you have struggled but great news that you are taking control now!

I am still around 3 lb off goal having put a few pounds on over a couple of weekends away but have taken that back off pretty quickly by cutting back, particularly on the carbs. I admire those of you going back on the packs, I just don't think I could do it again. So I am maintaining fairly well I suppose but really want to shift another 10lb to give me a bit of a buffer so we'll see how I'm doing after Christmas and I may well be joining you back on the packs.

Good luck with all your continuing journey's and keep in touch I love to hear how everyone is doing.

x

Hi SiM Westie Susianna et al! great to hear from you.

Can you believe we are charging full pelt towards a whole year of this thread??!!?? Of course January being the most popular starting point I guess us oldies will have to shove over for a new lot soon.

Do keep in touch all.

Hi everyone. I just thought I'd pop on and say - I have finally moved into the next stage of LL - I started RTM yesterday after 45 weeks of 100% abstinence!

Full details in my thread on the RTM board, but it was a big step to take mentally. Happy now though. Unfortunately I'm away for my first RTM meeting on Tuesday night so my next wi is on Wed at my Developers meeting. Hopefully I will see a loss as last week I missed wi altogether and the week before was a STS.

I didn't turn to real food, but had many many close calls over the last few weeks. Instead I 'cheated' by eating too many bars per day and last week had an extra pack most days. This was one of the reasons I felt I had to start RTM instead of waiting any longer. Yesterday I was perfectly within the rules with three packs and some protein. I feel like I am back on track and have some new focus.

Thank you to everyone here who has been soooo supportive all these months. I really don't think I could have done it without you to lean on.

I hope our stories on here will help all the newbies who will inevitably find Minimins when they start out on their journeys in January.

xx

Hi F/T, Westie & Susianna - good to have chance to catch up with you all - 1 year on (nearly) where has the time gone! Don't know about you but I never focussed past the next 7 days on LL so to be here 11 months down the line is juts surreal.

T_I many, many, many congratulations on finally moving to RTM. 45 weeks 100% abstinence is simply AWESOME you deserve all the positive strokes coming your way. Enjoy the RTM journey, and see it as just that, the next step towards a long and healthy life.

Personally, I'm slowly getting used to not logging my food, and have increased the walking again last week with the result that I'm back 'in the box' of target weight and feeling goood..

Its been a long time on this board, but I have finally got the courage to come back on here, and ready through the last page or two I'm so proud of all of you (us)!

Struggles or no struggles, both physically and mentally we have all tackled an immense challenge and whether its just the beginning, or we're really getting to the meat of it all, we're doing it. Good luck to those of you going onto the packs again, I hope you do all you wish for with as little problem as possible.

T_I - WELL DONE YOU. Absolutely amazing, inspiration you are to anyone who takes on this journey in the year to come.

Sean - Lovely to see you're cutting down your logging of food. I found I too had to completely cut it out because it was becoming a problem, and its so easy to verge into the obsession.

Westie, foxtrot, susianna, daisy - we did it girls. Even if its not 100% i'm blooming proud!

Quick on me, I've been off of LL (and RTM) since July, and I currently weight 8 stone 4lb...exactly the weight in my last meeting. In fact, I did have the beginnings of a problem when I dropped down to 7.10 which for my height was far too thin. Those added pounds were wlecome and I'm very happy. I'm not deprived, I'm enjoying my food, and my life. My hips are still a problem, and near to giving up work as I have now been diagnosed and unfortunately its a chronic disability rather than treatable ailment!

Oh and I'm getting married 10th July 2010!!! Yay!

A little on me -

em! congratulations hun!
both on the wedding and on the maintaining

hope the planning is going well - 'you and your wedding' forum is an excellent place to get ideas, i was obsessed this time 2 years ago!

do keep us updated
daisy x

Blame you and your wedding for me not being on here! Its amazing how good trying the dress on was,...always thought it would be the most upsetting moment on my life.

How are you going Daisy? Looking good in your pic!

Em - you are looking amazing. Congratulations on your wedding and on maintaining. Brilliant.

Sorry to hear your hips can't be fixed. At least you are not carrying any excess weight now to make the condition worse.

Go on - post us some pics of your wedding dress to admire. I bet its gorgeous!!

xx

Hi Em

Coongratulations on your wedding and your fab maintenance.
You must be very proud. You are looking great.
As you say - you did it.
There are many inspirational people among you lot. Well done everyone xx

Fab news about the wedding!! Can't wait to see the pics, no doubt us hardcore lot will still be here in July!! ;):D:D

Not so great about the hips. Fingers crossed some solution will present itself but your weight is now not an issue with them!!

Well done on looking fab! xx

Way EM - congratulations on the Wedding and the outstanding success on maintaining :)

Really good to hear from you again, but sorry about your hips, hopefully they won't be too troublesome now your at your new weight.

Great to hear from you Em and congratulations on your wedding what fab news!

You are looking amazing and you should be very proud of yourself sounds like you are maintaining brilliantly :)

I hope you that you will be able to manage your condition as well as possible particularly pain wise, it seems particularly unfair when you have lost the weight but it hasn't helped your condition.

Look forward to hearing about the wedding plans.

x

hi there
just realised......it's a year ago tomorrow i started LL
wow!
daisy x

Hello all!
I can't believe its been a year since we all started, oh how things have changed over the past year!
I've started a refresher group this week to lose the last little bit of weight i struggled with towards the end of foundation. I'm feeling really positive about it so all is good :)
Its great to see how well everyone is doing still!
Go us January 09 starters :)
xxx

Hello!

Yes, what a change the year has brought. However, I never imagined I would still be on packs for the anniversary of starting LL though. It'll be a year on the 14th for me and I am back on packs for a couple of weeks as of yesterday. I got to week 5 RTM hit Christmas and then sat in the sweetie/cake tin for a fortnight. Did I learn anything in CBT? :confused:

Ah well.

LOL - congratulations to all the Jan 09 Starters. One year on, this time last year I was on day 4 and uber positive waiting for the first weigh-in.

12 months on (and 6 months since coming off packs), and like many of you I'm looking to lose the December weight - there's a thread on the maintainers section if you've not seen it. Still, if this time last year you'd have said I could start 2010 7 stone lighter then I'd have bitten your arm off!

:)

Hope some of us have paid attention in the CBT!!

Yes, it's brilliant to be eight stone lighter than I was 12 months ago. I am NEVER going back to that weight / size! I'm nipping my fairly significant gain in the bud and then going back to complete RTM. I will be in maintenance by Spring and join that board then. xx

Last edited:
Back