January 2009 - Starters

You have a great holiday TI!!

Thanks FT. All packed now - just going to set the alarm for 4.30am eek! Better away to bed.

Been thinking - when I get back I'll be 8 days closer to RTM - only 4 weeks and a few days more of abstinence at the most. It's gonna fly by. And if I do lose a good few lbs, maybe it will be less time than that. Now I'm excited about this journey again :D.

Be good now while I'm away! :wave_cry::wave_cry: xx

have a fab time
daisy x

Hope you have a fab time TI :D

Helloooo. I'm back. The kids had a great time, but the weather wasn't the kindest to us.

I feel cold all the time and was really looking forward to being a reptile - soaking up the sun and feeling warm :). However, we had really cold winds almost the whole week and two days of torrential rain. The suncream came back intact and the fleeces and trousers are the things in the wash!

Best day was the last one - while killing the last few hours between check out of the apartment and check in to the flight, we found a quiet sheltered beach near to the airport. Kids played in the sand and OH and I had coffee, rolled up the trousers, shrugged off the fleeces and enjoyed the warmth of the sun for pretty much the first time in the week. Still, maybe next time we'll make sure we're somewhere with a heated outdoor pool (with a chill wind no one tried the pool more than once) and we'll be more active in looking for more sheltered places earlier in the week.

Other than the weather, and most things being closing down for the winter, we had a relaxing and enjoyable time. The kids did go snorkelling with OH and loved being on the beach, while I had the hot bath ready to warm them up when they came back. Apartment was spacious and comfortable and well equiped for cooking etc. We had lots of family time playing games and on walks. I managed to read a couple of fiction books and have started to digest some of the RTM book that I took with me.

On the food front - I had a couple of very tempting moments - one over fresh bread, another over a packet of liquorice alsorts and another at the paella demonstration. I think those times are the nearest I have come to lapsing on real food in the entire abstinence. I did have a lot of rebellious child moments and turned to the LL bars - having an extra pack (bar) on five of the eight days. This was usually because we were out and about and stopping for coffees and snacks/ice-creams for the kids and I felt I wanted something too as it was also my holiday :eek:. I have a strong rebellious child.

At the apartment I did have a lot of hot packs and drinks, partly to stay warm but also as I found the tap water undrinkable so felt restricted in cold water consumption as we had to keep buying the water and the whole family were drinking it and we were on a budget.

I'm being adult and not focusing on guilt or self-hate for the extra packs. For one thing I feel positive that I didn't give in to real food although the urges were very strong last week and I did feel left out when the family were eating local foods. And, as I should have done a milk week, I am viewing the extra calories as fulfilling my milk week.

First day back yesterday and I stuck to four packs - no bars. Not had any packs yet today and I'm going to avoid the bars again. As I'm meeting mum for lunch I'll have a shake just before heading out then I can have one on coming back home.

I feel a need for my meeting on Wed night and am keen to see what the scales will show. I know I haven't put weight on, but having sts and then missed a week it would be nice to see a decent loss.

Hope everyone else doing well. xx

Welcome back TI!! I'm sure you'll have a good loss this week, good luck!

Thanks FT. It would be good to see the scales shift a good bit downwards. Having trouble with water retention though - my calves and ankles are really puffy. Guessing this may affect the scales.

Having a fat day today, sadly.

Well, what a difference a few days makes. Stuck to four packs a day and no bars since return from hols. Survived a close call on an extra pack last night.

Tonight I was rewarded with a 6lb loss on the scales. Delighted. Just 8 lb to lose to goal - and four weeks to achieve it. I am definitely starting RTM on Tues 24 November. Rock on!

Woo Hooo

Brilliant News T_I, congratulations :)

hi folks
have been a bit awol since the weekend - massive hangover on sunday oops! then ill since - still not right, high temp, aches and coughing, not nice.
we're off to centre parcs tomorrow tho so i'm really keeping everything crossed i'm better by then - and that no one else comes down with it.

t_i you have done fantasically!!! well done

daisy x

Good to have you back TI, glad you had a good holiday despite the weather and what a fab loss, wow its sooooo close for you now!

Sorry you're not well Daisy hope you get better soon so you can enjoy the weekend .... guess what .. we are off to Centre Parcs too tomorrow lol! Which one are you going to .... we are off to Longleat and judging by the weather think we will be packing the waterproofs!

x

hi - sherwood forest is where we're going to
have never been with the kids before and have been really looking forward to it, blimmin typical i feel poorly!

shame we're not at the same one, could have met up for coffee!
have a fab time
daisy x

Hi Sean - good to see you still creeping in occassionally. Hope things good with you.

Daisy - relax and put your feet up today, stay under the covers and you'll get well quicker. Enjoy your time at Centre Parcs.

Susianna - thanks! Yes, it does feel so close now, but so far in some ways too. I have a wave of emotions sweep over me every time I think about starting back on real food. I'm sure it's all very familiar to those who have been there and done it - but I am scared, really scared, excited, impatient, nervous, fearful, expectant and loads more.

8lbs sounds like a breeze, but it's hard every hour of every day at the moment. However, I only need a 2lb/wk av loss to can hit my goal before starting RTM. That would be soooo cool. I could truely feel I had the right to start RTM.

Well done T-I, it is scary, the thought of introducing food again. You are right, we have all felt like that. It seems so much easier and tempting to stay on the packs.
We spend so much time focusing on not eating and then suddenly we have to about turn and start again.Psychologically it is difficult. LL is marvellous helping us to lose weight, but the weakest part seems to be the psychological support for starting to eat food again. Strange, I don't know if other people feel the same.
For me with RTM the first week was mind blowingly fantastic, then the nexy 3 weeks or so was difficult due to the limited choices and then it became interesting after that. Everyone seems to work out their own way.
Jezebella has some lovely food ideas on her thread and so does BL.
Good luck when you start. the support continues on here xx

hi there
well am just back from group - i don't usually go in the week so gatecrashed one - think it was a developers group, they were very nice to me!
my LLC wasn't there but i chatted with the locum who suggested i go back on packs for a bit to give me time to sort my head out...

so from tomorrow i am in full abstinence....OMG! i'm just hoping that its as easy as last time and i don't suffer any side effects!

my plan is to take each day as it comes ... prob do full abstinence for a couple of weeks then drop into a version of lite or full RTM to see if i can sort triggers out.

i do feel better about having a bit of a plan... im not too far gone to sort it out but another few weeks and i would have been - and esp with christmas looming i'd rather sort myself out sooner rather than later.

didn't think i'd be doing this again....but, hey ho - its gotta be worth a try, im not ready to give up my size 8 jeans yet!

wish me luck folks

daisy x

Hi Daisy

Well done for taking decisive control and I'm sure you are focused enough to get yourself back into ketosis and back to goal weight.

I am abstaining for three more weeks, so we can hold hands :D.

xx

Good luck Daisy, keep the PMA and you'll be fine

thanks guys
i might need some hand holding!
daisy x

Back