January 2009 - Starters

Well done Daisy on recognising the problem and doing something about it. That is what this plan is all about. When you know the scales are going up a bit more than you are happy with, then we know we can turn to LL packs to help get it back down again. It is better then not eating as at least with the packs you know you are getting the vits and mins.

TI, you have been such an inspiration, I really congratulate you for all your hard work over the past 10 months. It really does prove that this plan can be done 100% and you can get what you want at the end of it. I am so proud of you.

Well, things haven't been going too great for me to be honest. I am just getting so fed up with it and cannot stop lapsing.

Because of this I have decided not to waste any more money and move to RTM. I have decided it really is the best thing for me.

Once I have finished RTM I am then going to use all my left over packs and do a version of lite to get the rest of the weight off.

I really appreciate all your help, support, ecouragement and friendship. I won't be leaving the site as this is the only thing that has actually stopped me from quitting altogether.

I have my first class tonight and will have my first allowed meal tomorrow. I am really looking forward to it. Especially in a few weeks time when me and OH will be able to start preparing/eating meals together again.

I am not giving up. I have started this journey so I WILL finish it.

Thanks again to all you Jan starters and everyone else on this board x x

hi becky
i think you are doing the right thing - there were lots of people in my developers group who had been there months and months - even 2 years one of them and i felt sad for them as it is expensive, and they were really getting nowhere.

by making the decision to do RTM you are taking control back - and as you say you can finish off the last bit after as you realistically aren't doing it at the moment.

you have done really well and this will be the kick start you need to get on the last leg of your journey
good luck hun
daisy x

Hi S_B, sounds like a great decision to me, good luck with the unique challenges that RTM poses and remember we're all here to help in any small way we can :)

i'm hungry!!!
daisy x

:wave_cry: Aw Daisy.... Have a bath or go out for a walk/run. You know you won't feel the hunger in another couple of days. Hang in there hun. xx

i know - just had forgotten how hunger felt!
just having my 3rd shake of the day - vanilla with ice and coffee.

have made tea for everyone so thats one thing out of the way.

im going to go to my triple class, but it doesn't start til 7.30 so ive got to fill 70 minutes - think i may have to do some ironing!

planning on finishing early tomorrow and coming home to a nice long bath before the kids get back from school then an early night.

just been invited to a housewarming party on friday - was hoping to have a clear run this weekend and be unsociable, but thats not going to happen is it!

i'm hoping i will get into ketosis quickly - going to pop in on saturday so will get to wee on the stick (oh how ive missed that!) and hopefully i will be in by then

daisy x
daisy x

Hi Daisy

Hope Day 2 has gone smoothly enough and you're getting back into the swing of it.

I lost 2.5lb tonight so over the 9 stone loss mark and just 5.5lb to goal. OMG - it feels so wierd to be so close. I am a hotbed of conflicting emotions. This is made worse as I can't get to my next two Developers meetings, which may be my last ones. I feel quite sad at this.

As I can't make my normal meeting I asked for a pop-in another day. So I was asked to pop in at the changeover time between two Foundation groups on thurs and bring my before pics. I have to say I can't recognise myself in the pictures now. I think I'll have to talk to one or maybe both groups. That's a bit scary, but I am so happy, no - ecstatic with where I am and how much I have achieved, and the difference to my life that I am sure it will be fine. Hopefully I'll be another couple of pounds towards goal. Need to discuss when I start RTM with my LLC then too.

Shattered now. It's been a long few days and I'm ready for my bed.

xx

Well done TI. If you do speak to the other groups it will be so inspiring for them.
If you can see such a difference in your pics it will be even more amazing for other people coming along behind. it will
make them realise they can do it, and be positive strokes for you too.
Well done, so nearly there.......
This journey really is a roller coaster for the emotions isn't it. I think it makes us os much more aware and analytical of - well - everything really.
Congratulations to you for sticking with it. What an acievement.You should feel very proud of yourself. xxx

WOW T_I you should feel so proud of yourself. As SB says you will be an inspiration to the other groups, keep the enthusiasm and PMA for a couple more weeks, so nearly there!

:)

T_I thats great, i would have loved it if someone had talked to us when we were in foundation - you will give them a massive boost!

day 2 went fine, no headache - i was hungry, but coped. watching 'the f word' probably wasn't the best idea as they were cooking italian- my fav.
roll on day 3
daisy x

Well done TI - you're so close and a total inspiration!

Glad things are going well Daisy. I'm struggling a little so I know exactly where you are but don't think I can go back to packs just at the moment (although I think it might be a distinct possibility in the future) - stuff is just as manic as it was in the summer. I've started working in M&S and although I am only scheduled to do 18.5 hours a week they've bumped them right up and I can't get to meetings.

I'm trying to concentrate on staying where I am, increasing my exercise and keeping calm about it until the New Year when my contract ends. Besides I don't think I can waste using my 20% discount on lovely dinners - so I've got no excuse to eat unhealthily!!!!!!

hi there
well day 5 nearly over...
have just sat round the table while everyone was eating a chinese - i had a bowl with some savoury drink in, i pretended it was hot and sour soup as i haven't told anyone i'm back on packs!

i have lost 6lbs tho - on day 5 - so am pleased about that
forgotton how cold i would feel - my nose and toes are like ice!

daisy x

Daisy - good to hear you're coping OK. Six pounds in 5 days - brilliant. The time will fly now.

I am seriously feeling the cold - we had frost last night and it's sub zero again now. I have two lots of thermals on and am still freezing.

Westie - life sounds hectic for you. Hope you keep the control going through the festivities to come and emerge in January stronger and as determined. Access to reduced price foods from M&S - what a bonus :p. Planning remains the key though I think.

xx

Hey All,

Amazing to see some of you still on here and still losing weight - OMG 'Thin Inside' you have done amazing, you are such an inspiration!

I'm going to come back soon, with my tail between my legs! I have managed to put on 3stones since coming off LL!

I've decided to come back on after Christmas, as I can't bare to go through Christmas on the packs, and having to explain to everyone that I can't just eat a little.

Hope to catch you all soon.

Louale x

hi louale
nice to hear from you!
sorry you have put on - can i ask you what happened... did you do RTM, did it just go back on straight away etc etc
im asking cos i'm struggling to keep in my comfort zone at the moment ( went back on packs for 12 days to get me back in it) and i'm terrified that in a few months time i will be back where i started.

if you did start now you would be a good stone and half slimmer by xmas (rather than putting on weight at xmas and ending up even further away in january) - also, do you know its going to be £70 a week in jan.

anyway, at least you know with LL you will lose the weight - you have done it once, you will do it again!
daisy x

Hi Daisy,

I didn't do RTM, which is probably what the problem was. I started eating as I was getting to week 12, then once I started, I simply made up for the 12 weeks that I hadn't eaten! I've been reading a few books and been thinking about what I can do instead of comfort eating and am trying to plan before I start again.

I'd love to start again before Christmas, but I don't want to leave myself open to temptation over Christmas, so I'll leave it to the New Year and try and be sensible between now and then.

I'm sure you won't be back to where you started Daisy, you'd have to eat quite a bit to put it all back on, it won't come on of its own accord! I remember you giving me a telling off a few times LOL!, go back and visit your enthusiasm at the beginning of this thread, you know you can take control, if you chose to!

I work with someone that has lost 9stones on LL and she has put on about 7lbs, in the last year, but manages to get this off, then puts it on again - she says as long as it's only 7lbs and not the 9stones, and this works for her.

Not happy about this price increasem £70 is such a lot of money, but then it's got to be worth it!

Hope to catch you soon,

Louale x

Hi Louale - Sorry to hear you put some weight back on - but you are going to do something about it so well done for that. Thanks for your lovely comment.

Daisy - you are aware and taking control and that is the first stage towards developing a skill. You will do fine in keeping the weight off.

I had an STS last week, but know I was retaining fluid. Am away this week so my next wi will be next week at my first RTM meeting. I don't think I'll get right to goal but I'll be close enough.

Very scared at the thought of RTM. Fully intend to stick within the rules, but I know I will find it difficult at Christmas so am making plans for how I can deal with it.

TI xx

I work with someone that has lost 9stones on LL and she has put on about 7lbs, in the last year, but manages to get this off, then puts it on again - she says as long as it's only 7lbs and not the 9stones, and this works for her.

If I can maintain within 7-10lbs I will be delighted! Well done that woman.

(embarrassed shuffle...gulp) Hi everybody! Remember me?

Um er well, I was talking to louale yesterday on fb, having just that day decided to get back in control. Unfortunately a combination of a head injury, depression and good old-fashioned greed means that I'm back to where I started ooh almost a year to the day when I signed up to minimins :-( I can't yet face editing my stats, but I will... Until then I'll take inspiration from the superstars in Jan09 starters - girls and boys aren't you doing well, how HOT are you looking?

As I said to louale, I can't afford to go back to LL yet as I still don't have a job, but I have two weeks worth of packs and bars so I'm going to try to get back into abstinence and if I can I'll do the sums and see if I can do some sort of sole-sourcing/abstinence. I don't think I'll go back to LL unless there's now another counsellor (westiegirl, I know you'll sigh, but I still think the LLC should have been more proactive in supporting strugglers) but maybe I can manage one of the other vlcds (ooh, weird how all the jargon comes back! lol).
Well, I don't know if I'll be on here or not, but it'd be great to hear from anyone who knows me, either on here, or facebook, or twitter (@ShariCofi).
hugs
Sharon

Hi Louale & SIIM

Great to hear from you both although I'm sorry things haven't worked out quite the way either of you would have wanted.

Have a good read of the Boards & you'll soon see that all of the Jan Starters have had our personal demons to face, and are still battling on an (almost) daily basis to retune our minds and bodies into the naturally healthy people we all want and need to be.

Life is a marathon, not a sprint and it's important that we all recognise that. There will be (have been and continue) challenges along the road, sometimes we'll simply step over them, others will slow us down for a while, and others still may take us almost right back to the start line; but it's how we face up to and react to these inevitable set backs that define us as people..

Everyone on minimins has shown that they're winners, simply by taking the action to post, join LL, or even think enough about their weight to want to take action.

Winners take action!

Welcome back into the fold, however, whatever you decide to do you know we're all here for you :)

Back