January 2009 - Starters

Every diet I spend all my time looking for ways to cheat and reward myself - hopefully LL will put a stop to that!

daisy x

Yes, most of my SW meetings seemed to be about saving syns for a major weekend splurge of alcohol or takeaways, and I swear some people has flexible syns every week! I did mostly "original/red" days, but some of those on green days ate real junk - supernoodles and MugShots and hardly any veggies it seemed - no wonder it was the same old faces every time I returned (hmmm, mea culpa I suppose):sigh:

Sharon x

Starting Lighter Life

Hi Everyone,
I will be starting LL on the 5th Jan 2009.
Really looking forward to starting,but not too sure what to expect (how i will feel about not eating etc).

Currently 17st 2 lb
Goal 13st 7lb

Hope everyone starts 2009 by shedding some unwanted pounds/stones

Carl:)

Hi Everyone,
I will be starting LL on the 5th Jan 2009.
Really looking forward to starting,but not too sure what to expect (how i will feel about not eating etc).

Currently 17st 2 lb
Goal 13st 7lb

Hope everyone starts 2009 by shedding some unwanted pounds/stones

Carl:)
:welcome:
Hello Carl, good to have another January starter! I'm sure westiegirl will have some words of wisdom for you, and have a look at some of tthe LL diaries and blogs - they are really inspiring and also let you know what you can expect.

Sharon x

I remember living on smash and beans for months. yuk.!!!

I always did green days on SW being a veggie - so ate far too much pasta and pototoes

Got myself a ticker!

What can i expect from the first few days?
How hard is LL?
Any side effects?
How hungry do you get?

It seems the diet for me as i can't seem to stick to the others due to my love of food :cry:
At least with LL i'm not allowed to eat so i should be able to manage this diet.:)

Well Hello Carl.

Might be worth you having a look at a few of the sticky threads as only WG on this thread has actually started so most of us won't be ablt to answer!

Adding you to our weight loss tracking list! (

Louale - 5 Jan 09 Goal - 6.5 stones loss
Somewhere... - 5 Jan 09 Goal 10 stones loss
Daisydoll - 6 jan 09 Goal - 3.5 stones loss
Gary girl forever - 7th jan 09 Goal - 5 stones loss
Emveg - 8th Jan - 4.5 stone loss
SexyBecks1 - 13th Jan - 5 stone to loose
Carl - 5th Jan - 3 stone 9 lb to lose (My maths is bad!!)

How hard is LL?
Any side effects?
How hungry do you get?

It seems the diet for me as i can't seem to stick to the others due to my love of food :cry:
At least with LL i'm not allowed to eat so i should be able to manage this diet.:)

Hi Carl

And welcome :D

I've done LL before but didn't do maintenance so put weight back on. I've also done CD a few times over the last couple of years, but have never had a supportive CDC, which is why I've gone back to LL.

I found the first days not as bad as everyone had lead me to believe. Of course you're hungry, but it does pass. Being honest I had "proper" hunger pangs for at least a couple of weeks of LL - but was in ketosis so it couldn't have been - but it sure felt like it. I just kept in mind my goal to be slim and eventually they went away.

I never had carb withdrawal headaches or any pains at all. However my first LLC suggested headaches tablets as a precaution - just for the first couple of days but I didn't need them.

Once you're in ketosis some people get a real buzz. Some people describe it as being wrapped up in the warm fuzzy blanket of K lol.

Prepare to be cold, because you get freezing and unfortunately starting in Jan makes that more likely with all the cold weather at the moment. I've been known to sleep in lots of layers and wear gloves to bed before now!

Sorry if TMI, but "toilet patterns" change. Some people suffer constipation, others the opposite :eek: I always made sure I was "prepared" for "accidents".

I'm afraid I was also one of the people who suffered hair "thinning". It's not loss as such, but hair doesn't grow back as quickly when you lose it naturally. I know lots of people on here who have had no problems with hair loss at all though.

I've just re-read all my original LL diaries and I admit it was hard at times, but the quick losses, compliments, new clothes, renewed energy and improved health spur you on. I look back now and realise that the journey was "relatively easy" in comparison to the hard bit that follows which is maintenance.

Gosh I've painted a wonderful picture haven't I. Just remember it's a means to an end and all of this is just temporary and the results are so worth it!

Sorry, I've also rambled a bit!!!

Louale - 5 Jan 09 Goal - 6.5 stones loss
Somewhere... - 5 Jan 09 Goal 10 stones loss
Daisydoll - 6 jan 09 Goal - 3.5 stones loss
Gary girl forever - 7th jan 09 Goal - 5 stones loss
Emveg - 8th Jan - 4.5 stone loss
SexyBecks1 - 13th Jan - 5 stone to loose
Carl - 5th Jan - 3 stone 9 lb to lose (My maths is bad!!)
Westie - 5th Jan - 4.5 stone to lose

How hard is LL?
Any side effects?
How hungry do you get?

Carl,

I don't normally promote my blog (apart from the link in my sig lol) but feel free to check it out. I've kept it up to date and pretty detailed since I started. There are plenty of other blogs out there too but recent blokes blogs are few and far between. :)

Hi Carl,

We are all in the same situation on here. By the sounds of it between us we've tried every diet going with the same results. We all need something to help us change the way we think/feel about food and hopefully change our ways forever and hopefully that is what LL will help us with.

Good luck with your weightloss journey and if there is anything we can help with just let us know.

FYI - My sister has done this and is now into development. She said that the first 3-4 days were the hardest as she was so hungry but once she got into Ketosis she wes fine. She didn't really have any side effects apart from feeling cold all the time whoch I hear is a common thing. I know people have reported headaches in the first few days due to carb withdrawal. But I can out up with headaches if it means that I will loose the weight.

Sorry I didn't have you on the weight loss tracker WG!

I thought that was the latest one - but cannot be sure - I apologise if I have missed anyone off.

Ah, but now you are, and forever have us others by your side :D

Just thought that everyone might find the attached useful.

http://www.minimins.com/cambridge-diet-forum/22861-graph-spreadsheet-11.html

In the thread (towards the bottom) there is a link to a spreadsheet (even though it's set up for CD) which is brilliant for tracking your weight loss.

I've set mine up (except start weight of course) and look forward to filling it in every week :D

thanks for that link - I'm going to have a go at doing it, anything to keep me on track!
daisy x

Will have a look at that one at work - don't have excel on this laptop!

Can I just say one thing... because I'm absoloutely bursting...

MY LORD I AM SO EXCITED.

Its a strange feeling isn't it?
I can't wait, but when I actually think of the reality of shakes and soups which might be yukky and headaches and bad breath and hair loss and being cold...... I do wonder if in a fortnight we are going to be all on here wishing it was december again?!!
daisy x

I don't think we will. I have seen the results on my sister and there is no way that she is going to be skinnier than me!!
It will be worth it after the first weeks weight lossas I am hoping it will be a good one. :wavey: Bye bye weight forever. Yippee :p

Hello all you january starters!!!

Im just passing thru to have a wee look at how you are all feeling with your start dates looming.

Your all an excited lot!!! Its great and beleive me the shakes and soups arent all bad. Everyone has there own likes so after a couple of weeks you will know what you like and can get your shopping list to your liking.

Stay positive and it will serve you all really well. By Feb.March your gonna be getting lots of lovely comments on your weight loss!! The side effects dont last for too long and I didnt lose any hair! Dont worry about them too much the best side effect is the rapid weight loss!

Good Luck and enjoy it.

PS: Please do try to make all your meetings and stay for them, they are a massive help!!!

Back