January 2009 - Starters

Just wanted to say a 'Happy New Year 2009' to all us January starters, and a new healthy, slim future ahead of us all.

This time next year, we should all be at goal and totally in control.

Best wishes, to you all for 2009.

Louale x

We shouldn't be...We will be!

yep - we WILL be!
Happy new year to everyone
daisy x

Updated to add me!

Louale - 5 Jan 09 Goal - 6.5 stones loss
Somewhere... - 5 Jan 09 Goal 10 stones loss
Carl - 5th Jan - 3 stone 9 lb to lose
Westie - 5th Jan - 4.5 stone to lose
Daisydoll - 6 jan 09 Goal - 3.5 stones loss
Gary girl forever - 7th jan 09 Goal - 5 stones loss
Emveg - 7th Jan - 4.5 stone loss (UPDATE ON WI!)
SexyBecks1 - 13th Jan - 5 stone to loose
Indie - 5 Jan - 5 stone to lose

*Big Wave*

Hiyas,:cupid:

Not sure yet if Im going to be a January starter or not, I really hope so!

I have emailed my local councillor and am waiting to hear back, I suppose hoping for a response on New Years eve is probably a bit optimistic but hey I need to think positive about all the little steps of this journey.

My initial goal would be to make it through week one, I've done the first week before and after the first 2-3 days I was quite ill :9529:, I dont know if it was LL or just a bug...Once again being positive Im blaming a bug and this time the first week will be a breeze! :8855:

Mu current long term goal is to lose 5 St which takes me to the top of my healty BMI, I'll then see how I feel about my self and the journey and decide if I want to make the transition to RTM or if I have it in me to push for the final 0.5-1 St.

:welcome:

Glad you made your way over. Like I've said on your previous - I really hope you can start in Jan - and hopefully this time will be your time!

Lo again EmVeg,

Im slowly working my way through some of the recent posts, hoping to settle into the forums before I start scaring people with my weeping and wailing about how difficult it all is :D

Hiyas,:cupid:

Not sure yet if Im going to be a January starter or not, I really hope so!

I have emailed my local councillor and am waiting to hear back, I suppose hoping for a response on New Years eve is probably a bit optimistic but hey I need to think positive about all the little steps of this journey.

My initial goal would be to make it through week one, I've done the first week before and after the first 2-3 days I was quite ill :9529:, I dont know if it was LL or just a bug...Once again being positive Im blaming a bug and this time the first week will be a breeze! :8855:

Mu current long term goal is to lose 5 St which takes me to the top of my healty BMI, I'll then see how I feel about my self and the journey and decide if I want to make the transition to RTM or if I have it in me to push for the final 0.5-1 St.

Welcome and I hope you get a start date soon.

We're all gearing up to go on here and the more the merrier :D

Well - just been brave and put some BEFORE pictures up. Makes me laugh, because some of the first pictures that I haven't thought are THAT bad. I can still see the reasons I want to lose the weight though!

:new_year:
:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:Oooh only 2 hours until January 2009 and the beginning of our journey to our healthy weights and freedom from food issues.

I know I don't need to, because we've all made the first step to making it come true, but wishing you all a successful and happy New Year.

Sharon x

happy slim '09 everyone!!!!!!!!!

i got my OH to take some pics last night, and i am truley shocked by what i saw, i am huge, i know i am big but when im in my underwear and i look like im 7 months preggers its not good is it!!!!!!!! im going to look at them every time i find it hard, I WILL DO THIS!!!!!!!!!!

new year resolution

I'm joining Lighter Life for the first time on 6th January. I made up my mind to do this mid December and would have gladly started there and then as I'm so desperate to get started. I'm a bit scared now though as its so close - I dont know anyone who has done it before!!

I need to lose 3stone:(

Welcome - why not add yourself to the list! :D

Indie - 5 Jan - 5 stone to lose

Hello there,
I am sukhi, and have started lighterlife today. Well the packs though My first class is on the 7th january.
This is all so new for me.
My shake this am wasn't upto my expectations. It didn't mix well and TBH I didn't like the taste of the vanilla and the rasberry. Any suggestions about how to do the shakes and soups.
There are great suggestions here for starters and questions to ask.
look forward to chattigto some os you.
xx
sukhi
Thanks
sukhi

Happy 2009 you lot... just flying by, thought I would check in and see how you are all doing!! It feels like only yesterday that I'd set up the August starters thread - feeling all excited and fired up... it's so amazing how incredibly quick it goes by... honestly, it may drag at times, but it is such a blip so try and make the most of it!! I LOVE LIGHTER LIFE!!

I've lost nearly four and a half stone so far (one and half to go), and have had MANY MANY ups and a few downs... feel free to fire any questions at me that you like (just go to Send Message to PM me)...

Some of you will be facing your 'last weekend' of fatness (hehe)... dum, dum, DUM!... don't put any pressure on yourself... some people cut out carbs or calories in preparation, others (like me!) pigged out... and I didn't have any withdrawal symptoms - I think it's more down to the person than the lifestyle - who knows.

I'm rambling on a bit here... thinking of you all - make sure you've all taken your own before pics too... they will be invaluable once you get going, even better if you are naked/in undies... yikes... mine are horrendous!

Hugs!

Anna x

Happy New Year Everybody
Good Luck, although in saying that we all have the determination to do it so luck doesn't come into it!!

Indie - 5 Jan - 5 stone to loset to lose
Janey B_5th Jan_2st[initially]

Last edited:
My shake this am wasn't upto my expectations. It didn't mix well and TBH I didn't like the taste of the vanilla and the rasberry. Any suggestions about how to do the shakes and soups.

I think it can take a few gos to get it right... the first few I had were, errr, less than amazing - but once I'd got the mix right, they were scrummy!!

The best thing I can recommend is buying a stick blenda... like a braun one or something... personally I find the chocolate shake doesn't get all the lumps out in the shaker (although the banana and strawberry go ok, hmmm...)...

Tip your sachet into your beaker, add enough water so it comes up about half way (don't put too much water or it gets a bit watery and flavourless in my opinion) and get shaking!! The longer you leave it, the thicker and gloopier it gets... and the most you 'whizz' it, the fluffier...

With soups- add more water... don't try and make them like a 'cream of' soup... I did that with my first chicken and almost gagged. The next time I added loads more water, made it more 'stock' like and shoved in lots of salt and pepper and it was lovely. Although veg is still my favourite, scrummy!!

You'll find some flavours you love, others you hate (for me Thai Chilli, YUCK! It's most people's fave too!!)...

And with the bars... the toffee, lemon and fruit tend to be everyone's least fave... but try the toffee one as 'biscuits'... cut into 5/6 pieces, put on plate and microwave for 50 secs (850w) or slightly less and they will bubble up, spread out and be lovely little warm, chewy treats. Mmmmm...

Ok - i'm off... xx

Back