January 2009 - Starters

Thanks for your words of wisdom Anna.
It's great to have found this forum as the extra support on here could be the thing to make this journey easier.
I have a massive hangover after a fantastic party last night. It was strange to think that that was the last time I will be partying like that for a long while - but it will be nice not having to feel this rough the day after too!
My hubby is looking forward to me starting LL as he will have a taxi driver for the next few months while I can't drink, lol!
Daisy x

Welcome Suhki :D

Excellent advice Anna.

I bought every possible blender/mixer that I could.

I have a standard blender, a smoothie maker, a frothy maker, a battery powered latte whisk thing and a magic bullet. The only thing that gave a decent shake though was the stick blender - and by far the easiest to clean :8855: I have about half a dozen of them dotted around the place too - a few for home (because I have a funny living arrangement with no sink in my "kitchen" and have to travel 2 floors down to wash up, a couple for work and a spare for my Mum's house).

I also have about 4 coffee makers too - a Tassimo machine, a standard filter coffee maker, a 2 cup filter machine for takeaway coffees and the above mentioned frothy maker :eek:

God I sound like a gadget freak don't I :confused:

It's funny how everyone has different tastes though. I'm one of the Thai Chilli soup lovers! I found my tastes changed though over time. In the start I hated the nut bar, but it was my favourite by the end. My other favourite is the lemon bar.

Raspberry and choc shake mixed together is also fantastic!

Thought I'd just put it out here quickly - if any of you have as boring a life as me and spend most of you time online - if any one wants to swap any msn email address for extra "support" then just PM. I'm happy to share!

well another day closer!!!!!!!!

thanks for your words of advice anna, i have to say i am starting to feel a little on the scared side now, still excited but worried it will be too hard and that it wont work for me!!!!!!! i want this more than ever, to feel like me again. i just hope im strong enough to do this!!!!!!

Awww Emma - don't worry - you will not be the only person feeling this way... I remember looking at people's before and afters and thinking they were like a 'superior race of dieters', and I would be lucky to do HALF as well as they had... but then, here I am a few months later getting emails from people telling me I have inspired them etc... it's mental!! It is hard to imagine, and I won't be able to get you to believe this until you feel/see it for yourself... but if you do the programme you WILL lost the weight in no time (and you'll be the one getting all these newbies fired up about starting... promise!) :)
x

Seen as some people are starting in around 3 days - I thought I would update our little table to one we could update during out journey.

Name - Start Date - Week - Total Lost - Total to Lose

Louale - 5th Jan - Week 0 - 0lb - 6.5 stones loss
Somewhere... - 5th Jan - Week 0 - 0lb -10 stones loss
Carl - 5th Jan - Week 0 - 0lb - 3 stone 9 lb to lose
Westie - 5th Jan - Week 0 - 0lb - 4.5 stone to lose
Indie - 5th Jan- Week 0 - 0lb - 5 stone to lose
Janey B - 5th Jan - Week 0 - 0lb - 2st[initially]
Daisydoll - 6th Jan - Week 0 - 0lb - 3.5 stones to lose
Gary girl forever - 7th jan - Week 0 - 0lb - 5 stones to lose
Emveg - 7th Jan - Week 0 - 0lb - 4.5 stone to lose
sansukh - 7th Jan - Week 0 - 0lb - 3 stones to lose
SexyBecks1 - 13th Jan - Week 0 - 0lb - 5 stone to lose

So sorrt if I lost anyone in transit - I just thought this was clearer. Obv, go back if you don't like!

Seen as some people are starting in around 3 days - I thought I would update our little table to one we could update during out journey.

Name - Start Date - Week - Total Lost - Total to Lose

So sorrt if I lost anyone in transit - I just thought this was clearer. Obv, go back if you don't like!

I think it's a good idea :D

Not long now. It really isn't taking as long to come around as i thought

I have finally set my mum up on here but I know she won't be logging on until the weekend when she hopefully feels better. She is so ill she can't even eat with it coming up again. Bless her!! She may even have to go to the docs and get some antibiotics, which is making her worried that she can't start until the week after :cry:

I had heard about Marigold Buillion that you can use instead of the LL savoury drink. I bought some from Asda for £1.49 and thought I would try it before I started just incase I didn't like it. I can tell you now it is absolutely gorgeous. If you like veg soup, you will like this. Just one tea spoon with a cup of boiling water. 2 of them a day will definitly help keep the hunger at bay!! Better than paying about £5 for the LL stuff.

Anyway, hope everyone has recovered from the New Year and is looking forward to next week (week after for me!!).

I have been assured that 2009 is the year of change for me so hopefully that will extend to everyone.

Good luck everyone x x

:talk017:

*rubs hands together*

Had another waiver about whether I should be doing this. BUT purely because of my dad's reaction. Me and the OH are living with my parents - and although being supportive at first he's disappointed I'm going through with it - he didn't think I would.

Which kind of got me in the "oh well, I give everything else up and I will this". Freaking about what other people will think about it, like at work. How will I get through the work dinner ect.

But my resolution for this year was to do things for myself, and not let other people change decisions for me. And I am sticking to it.

My mantr right now is - this is for me, and I CAN do it.

Having to say it an awful lot right now.

as time is getting nearer people are doing the smae around me too, OH is supporting me but i know theres a part of him that doesnt want me too!!!!! my mum was against it at first then for it and now its back to "your really not that big, you dont need to loose weight"crap!!!!!!

we just need to get our selves in the frame of mind to prove to them that this is the best thing we will ever do, hopefullt in 6 months when we are healthy and fitter than they have ever seen us they will all say how wrong they were!!!! i for one am living for that day!!!!!!!!!

WE CAN DO THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!

We can all do this!

First time round I told most people what I was doing and everyone was supportive. I've failed so many times recently that I've not yet decided who to tell about this. So far I've only told my Brother (we share a house) and my Mum. I was dreading telling her because she's seen me succeed at this, then put it all back on again. I slipped it in the conversation on the phone with her on NYE and all she said was "Yeah, your brother mentioned something about it". I know that she'll support me 100%. My Dad just goes with the flow lol.

It's my workmates I'm most undecided about telling - I only started my job at the end of Sept and don't know them that well yet, so I don't know how they'll react.

Woot just spoken to my counsellor and she has a group starting on the 8th of Jan and I'm in. I can now officially add myself to the list :party0011:

T_o_t_I - 8th Jan - Week 0 - 0lb - 5 stone to lose

Woot just spoken to my counsellor and she has a group starting on the 8th of Jan and I'm in. I can now officially add myself to the list :party0011:

T_o_t_I - 8th Jan - Week 0 - 0lb - 5 stone to lose

Great news. Welcome to January starters :D

Ah! T'internet has now been cut off at home - so shall be able to post on weekday lunchtimes only for the next couple of weeks!

Boooooooo!

Some of you will be facing your 'last weekend' of fatness (hehe)... dum, dum, DUM!....
Anna x
:D:D:DYay - I love that idea!:D:D:D

Well, the fridge and cupboard are almost empty, apart from kids' stuff that isn't terribly tempting for me (little darlings have to eat I suppose!). I'm going to do a big shopping trip for their things - and dog food - at the weekend in the hope that I can then avoid the supermarket for my first couple of weeks of LL.

I'm going to brave the undies pics on Sunday -not sure I'll post them though.

It's been a difficult New Year, but I have finally decided to make an appointment with a solicitor as soon as possible to start divorce proceedings. We have lived apart for 18 months but he tends to spend extended periods here because, frankly, he can't look after himself. However, I don't want to be his carer and, although my food issues are longstanding, I know that the stresses of our relationship over the last 6 years have not helped.

So iit looks like 2009 will be a significant year in more ways than one. Roll on Monday!

nightmare emveg!
hope it gets sorted soon for you
daisy x

:D:D:DYay - I love that idea!:D:D:D

Well, the fridge and cupboard are almost empty, apart from kids' stuff that isn't terribly tempting for me (little darlings have to eat I suppose!). I'm going to do a big shopping trip for their things - and dog food - at the weekend in the hope that I can then avoid the supermarket for my first couple of weeks of LL.

I'm going to brave the undies pics on Sunday -not sure I'll post them though.

It's been a difficult New Year, but I have finally decided to make an appointment with a solicitor as soon as possible to start divorce proceedings. We have lived apart for 18 months but he tends to spend extended periods here because, frankly, he can't look after himself. However, I don't want to be his carer and, although my food issues are longstanding, I know that the stresses of our relationship over the last 6 years have not helped.

So iit looks like 2009 will be a significant year in more ways than one. Roll on Monday!

The does sounds like a year of change - and a completely new you! I hope you get everything you want out of it too. I'm sure times will be hard but I'm also sure you can get there. A couple of big decisions you have made - and it takes a special kind of person to make them.

I know I said I wouldn't be back on for a couple week apart from work lunchtimes - but I have just done my good deed of 2009 - I'm done!

So, seen as I had a few extra pennies (somehow - no idea how it happened seen as I paid my rent lol) I have helped out with a couple of the parents bills (one being phone/internet). Least I could do for them really. Plus, they were getting so stressed about it. If I can help them out then I'm going to.

And now I don't have to go without you lot!

Somewhere - sounds like you know what youve got to do to be able to do this hun, well done, the only way now is forward!

well ive planned my last "food" weekend with 2 of my fav meals, hahah prob a bad idea for some but i feel i want to do it!!!! i got myself some digital scales today, i said i wasnt going to but couldnt resist and am pleased to see that ive only gained 2 lbs over xmas and new year!!!!! plus its the TOTM so im a happy lady!!!!

The does sounds like a year of change - and a completely new you! I hope you get everything you want out of it too. I'm sure times will be hard but I'm also sure you can get there. A couple of big decisions you have made - and it takes a special kind of person to make them.

And now I don't have to go without you lot!
Thanks Em...and we'd have missed you too!

Back