January 2009 - Starters

Well done Becksfor getting your motivation back

and losing 2lbs. Love thenew avatar.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:)

Good morning everyone.

I have finally found my motivation. I don't know where it had bogged off to over the past few weeks but it is back. When I got back from my group last night it was just like my motivation appeared from no where. I am feeling fanstastic and am starting to believe again that I can do this. I did loose 2lb this week which I was a little dissapointed with but it is better than last week.

I tried the porridge last night and it is lovely. Still not sweet enough for me so i disolved a few sweetners in the water before mixing and that made it nicer.

Both myself and my LLC are arranging for us to do the race for life at York Racecourse in June. She has even offered to sort out the transoport (with it being 45mins drive from Leeds) and maybe some LL t-shirts too. If any of you guys would like to join us you would be more than welcome. It is at 14:30 on Sunday 28th June. Let me know if you any of you are interested.

Anyway, there are some fantastic losses again this week. Keep up the good work. Good luck to all with WI tonight x x

well done, you sound really upbeat!

i was going to run the race for life this year, but i won't be fit enough - however, next year it is a definate. i will sponsor several people at work instead. Good on you for doing it tho, excellent motivation.
keep up the good work
daisy x

Great losses again everyone, I'm really proud of you all for sticking with LL this long.

I had my week 8 WI last night and hit a couple of significant targets.

1. 8 weeks gone (so now I could go to RTM if I wanted)
2. another 5lbs off making exactly 4 stone in 8 weeks!!!
3. down under 16 1/2 stone, for the first time since I can remember

I'm especially pleased with #3 as I lost a lot of weight 6 yrs ago on Atkins but didn;t get as low as I am now.

Brilliant feeling, and have booked a weekend away in March to celebrate (with soup, shakes, and bars). lol

Last edited:
So to update:

Daisydoll - wk 7 -4lb off -27bs total - 26 to go
Emveg - W6 - 4lb off - 34lb lost - 24lb to lose.
Foxtrot - Week 6 - 4.5lb - ....23lb from 56 lb to lose
JaneyB-5th Jan -wk7 -1.5lbs -- 23.5lb -- 18.5lb to go.
JazzyB W6 -4lb off 28.4lbs lost 13lb to go
JessicaL - wk6 - 3lb off - 26lbs total - 40lb to go

Louale - W7 - 4lbs off - 31total - 62lbs to lose
PurpleButterfly - Week 6, 3lb - 27.5lb total. 65lb total to lose
sansukh--wk5--4lbs off-28lb total-11lbs to go but would really like to be 20.5lb lighter so not sure what target to go for.
Sean(JSF) - wk 8 - 5lbs - 56lbs total 34lbs to lose
SexyBecks1 - wk 6 - 16lb off - 27lbs total - 54lbs to loose
SIIM - wk 7 - 2.5lbs - 33.5lbs total -99.5lbs to lose
Sue_P - wk 5 - 2lbs off - 16lbs total - 68 to loose
Susianna - wk7 - 3.6lb- Total 29lb - 61 to go
thin_inside - wk 6 - 3lbs off - 30.5lbs total - 93.5lbs to lose
Westiegirl - wk 7 - 3lbs off - 27lbs total - 42lbs to lose

TOTAL LOST = 467.4 lbs (33 stone 5lbs)

THIS BLOODY STUPID SPREAD IT AROUND THING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm reping you again Sean for all your targets. Unfortunately it won't show in your rep points because I'm not allowed to give you any more credit than you deserve according to the stupid system!!!!

REP REP REP REP REP REP REP REP REP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now I'm grumpy!

Thanks grumpy, it's the thought that counts

I've decided to change my target to 11st (154lb) as it'll take me right to the middle of my bmi category. That'll give me more leeway than being at the top of my bmi category, and anyway if I'm on this diet I may as well lose as much as I REALLY want to, not *just about* enough and feeling I was only just where I want to be.. It'll be a 5st total loss at the end.
Of course I change my mind every time the wind blows a different direction, and I may well feel differently as I get closer!

Well done Sean, what an amzing loss in such a short period of time!

Some great losses this week! Just realised that some of us are half way through foundation already, time really does fly!

Louale x

Well done on your 5lb loss Em. You could always come to Leeds and do it with us LLers if you want. I won't be running although I will try and do a bit. Mainly because my mum is doing it as well so I know she won't be running.

Well done Sean, that is a fantastic loss. You should be really proud of yourself.

Thank you all for your lovely comments on my photo's and motivation. To say that I have only lost 2lb this week I do feel a lot slimmer and my mum said that I look a lot slimmer too :eek:

Nearly halfway through for me so the end is in sight (kind of!) Hope to be at goal by the end of March as I have a week off and being able to eat one meal a day would be great.

Hope everyone else is having a good week x x

Wow. Well done Emveg and Sean for your amazing losses and success.

PB - you've prompted me to consider where I want to be - although this will be a while for me yet. I am aiming for a BMI of 24, but should I try for 22? I guess I will go through this process as I get nearer the target. Lose it once and keep it off. That's my aim.

Sorry to be a bit ignorant - but I've seen a few posts about rep-ing. Please can someone explain what this is, what it means and how you rep someone. Thanks.

REP = just click on the 'scales' icon under a persons name, at the bottom of the blue frame.

PB & TI, I fully understand what you mean about targets, when I started my target was 4 stone (what a daft target) and quickly increased to 6st 6lb, but I'm thinking now a round 7st would be better. Although as I said on the fat % thread this will still see me as technically 'overweight' on BMI.

I think I'm also going to take it on a stone by stone basis... i.e. I want to get to 3st and see how I feel (though I know I need to lose more than just one more stone), so then get to 4st and see how I feel, then maybe to 5st. We'll see. For now my focus is on losing the next stone!

:eek: I read Paul McKenna's book today, and I've had one of those lightbulb epiphanies. I CAN do this. I CAN lose this weight AND maintain it long term as well. What he said was just talking my language it made so much sense to me, and I pretty much did that for a year before anyway, and it worked! I actually accidentally lost some weight doing it. It was great to have validated what I was doing before, and to know it can work!
Feeling so so inspired now to keep going and make it all the way through this diet, I feel that along with spring, my motivation has come again like a breath of fresh air! :D

PB thats great. I have his cds and am going to use them again when i start eating as they do make sense.
daisy x

Back