January 2009 - Starters

Sorry guys can't add to the total pot this week as i've STS - bugger!
No idea why.
Bit fed up, but i will get over it!
daisy x

Daisydoll - wk 8 -0lb off -27bs total - 26 to go
Emveg - W6 - 4lb off - 34lb lost - 24lb to lose.

Foxtrot - Week 7 - 3lb - ....26lb from 56 lb to lose
JaneyB-5th Jan -wk8 -2lbs -- 25.5lb -- 16.5lb to go.
JazzyB W7 -2.2lb off 30.5lbs lost 10lb to go
JessicaL - wk7 - 2lb off - 28lbs total - 38lb to go
Louale - W8 - 3lbs off - 36total - 60.5lbs to lose
PurpleButterfly - Week 7, 1.5lb - 29lb total. 65lb total to lose
sansukh--wk5--4lbs off-28lb total-11lbs to go but would really like to be 20.5lb lighter so not sure what target to go for.
Sean(JSF) - wk 8 - 5lbs - 56lbs total 34lbs to lose
SexyBecks1 - wk 6 - 16lb off - 27lbs total - 54lbs to loose
SIIM - wk 7 - 2lbs - 35.5lbs total -97.5lbs to lose
Sue_P - wk 5 - 2lbs off - 16lbs total - 68 to loose
Susianna - wk8 - 2lb- Total 31lb - 59 to go
thin_inside - wk 7 - 4lbs off - 34.5lbs total - 89.5lbs to lose
Westiegirl - wk 7 - 4.5lbs off - 31.5lbs total - 37.5lbs to lose

TOTAL LOST = 492.7 lbs (35 stone 2.5lbs)

On a more positive note however, i have just had my first bowl of porridge - couldn't wait til morning.
It was nice, a bit sweet, but nice to eat something different.

Also i got some gorgeous gerberas from someone in the group as a thank you for giving her some of my jeans which were too big for me last week - i was really surprised, it was lovely

daisy x

Last edited:
oh sorry

it does happen to all of us sometimes, could be hormonal, fluid etc, etc.
Don't worry. just keep on track. It will come off.
:wave_cry:

Oh Pooh Daisy!! I'm sure you'll have a good one next week after your body has taken a breather. Hugs anyway.

Hi everyone!
Borrowing my mum's pc again - still without - so have skimmed through pages of posts! Everyone still seems really positive (well done DD for maintaining that through STS).
Very tired today - my big dog is in vet hospital having tests and a major op to restructure her bladder so I'm a bit jittery!
Tomorrow I'm having my hair restyled (eek!) and then off to the theatre in the evening which will be a real treat (albeit with my middle son)...looking forward to fitting comfortably into the seat for once! I'll post hair pic when I can!
Hope to be back on by the weekend.
Sharon x

Slow week for me - 1lb off. But I'm really not bothered, I know I done this 100% and with last weeks big loss it has me at 3lb a week average still so more than happy. Somehow knew it was a slow one, and just SO please with myself for not letting it get the better of me.

Saying that, have decided to cut out the porridge to one or two packs a week to see if it makes a difference? I know it probably didn't and I'm just looking for more than "its just yours bodies way of doing it" but we'l see. To be honest I've been almost sedentary all week and feeling so lethargic and ill, I'm thinking its poss by body went into a slightly "possesive" mode with the fat stores thinking I was ill.

Emveg - W8 - 1lb off - 35lb lost - 24lb to lose.

sansukh--wk5--4lbs off-28lb total-11lbs to go but would really like to be 20.5lb lighter so not sure what target to go for.
Sean(JSF) - wk 8 - 5lbs - 56lbs total 34lbs to lose

TOTAL LOST = 493.7 lbs (35 stone 3.5lbs)

Hello losers

Sorry to hear STS Daisy amd 1lb EmVeg, but keep focussed and keep at it and the weight will come (or go!).

My WI last night and despite my positive attitude I had teh lowest loss yet at 4lb, and was slightly disapponted - but that's passed as it's still a great loss in reality so all's good.

Having to re-think my targets though as I may struggle to reach target by Easter, but I need to be on RTM by May due to holiday booked at end May. So, will increase walking this week (not done much last week apart from weekend so out at lunchtime today.

Let's keep positive and congratulate ourselves on results to date. Keep focussed.

Sean(JSF) - wk 9 - 4lbs - 60lbs total 30lbs to lose

TOTAL LOST = 497.7 lbs (35 stone 7.5lbs)

Hi Siim!!! Glad you can still pop in, look forward to hearing more from you later.

Hasn't everyone's attitude changed!! Us 2nd timers like Westie and I know there's no need to panic on slow weeks as they soon even out and I'm glad you're all starting to get the hang of it too! There can only be a good result at the end of the big picture and is lovely to see some of you actually taking that step back and not being too worried by it. Fab stuff all!!

Onwards and Downwards!

Sean, my hols at the end of May too, you coming with us then??? :D:D:D

LOL Foxtrot - didn't know you had a stalker?

Good morning everyone,

Well done on everyone having some good losses.

Don't worry DD and Emveg, I have had another slow week, 2lbs. So I've only lost 5lb in 3 weeks!!! I know it will come off, I just need to try not to be too impatient. My LLC told me not to worry as i am doing a lot of exercise and she can see the inches coming off.

I had a great day with my mum shopping yesterday. We got some amazing bargains. And I am officially a size 18 on top although not quite there on my bottom but some 20's are too big. It is a fantastic feeling when a smaller size starts to fit. It will def keep me on the straight and narrow!!!

Good luck with next week everyone. All of us are now at least half way so not long to go now. Keep up the good work x x

Sean(JSF) - wk 9 - 4lbs - 60lbs total 30lbs to lose
SexyBecks1 - wk 7 - 2lb off - 29lbs total - 52lbs to loose

TOTAL LOST = 499.7 lbs (35 stone 9.5lbs)

hi there, i started LL in feb and have been posting in another thread and just though I would say 'hello'. I've been sort of nosying through the thread and you guys have had some amazing losses and done really well, I'm just starting week 4 and I hope that I can be as good as all of you!

Hi Loconnor - just stick at it & you will do as well, or better!

Now then Jan Starters, who's volunteering to get us back over the 500lb barrier?

Sorry to kind of PM in here but this is something I've been sitting on a few days but time to talk!

Okay..from my thread a few days ago about my hip being bad. Well it hasn't got better, its been determined physio isn't right and after going to the docs yesterday I have been re-referred this time to a private hospital as its look pretty likely the op that was years away may be a few weeks away.

So, what I wanted to ask was FOXTROT...what was the deal with LL on this? I'm kind of scared that I'll be forced to come off, and I didn't know if as I'll be pretty heavily dosed with high amount of painkillers I could go back on..and also if you want to PM me as to not taint these guys, but what did you eat as I remember you doing well?

Sooo.... to the rest of you. I'm feeling so, so crap. I'm in constant pain, I'm not sleeping, I'm sedentary and unsuprisingly I'm feeling so weak, dizzy and sick from it all.

I rang LL medical team who were so good. The pain meds I have been given (that don't really help with the pain that much) can really unsettle your stomach if you're on LL. So the med team suggested to have a little plain protein. I really don't want to because I think its now all in my head. But, without knowing the effect it would have on me, my mum left a half pure protein portion on a bowl in the kitchen. I didn't do it, but with the pain, the stomach, the weakness, the lack of sleep, and then being told it would be okay I was so tempted....that was yesterday.

I just feel pants.

I am still feeling positive inside, and I know I can make the choice not to give in which I'm doing. I just don't have the energy to show people how positive I am in a way. I'm just snapping at everyone and blocking them all out...

Grrr

Ps.. I'm also TERRYFIED of the thought of having the operation, or the other possibility is that its arthitis. I'm 19 and I may just have to live with the pain. I've grown up with my mum in constant pain and I really don't want that. Just scared.

Sorry again.

It's ok Em, I'm here. Just PMing.

SIIM - hope your dog is OK and recovering fast from the op. How's the new hairdo?

Becks - well done on getting a size smaller! What motivation it is. The lbs don't matter.

Emveg - Hugs hon:hug99:. Glad you talked to the LL medical team. Believe them. Your health is far more important than a few lbs. As you say, you don't want to be in pain for years to come. You're young and will recover from an op quickly. I had knee reconstruction at 19 and it was a relief to be able to walk pain free within a few weeks of the op. They've improved the surgery techniques loads now too.

Hello Loconnor!

well done on losses

em - don't fret about the op - if it works it will be so worth it, and as you say you so young, you have plenty of time to lose the weight - you deserve to be pain free

the weight can wait if it means getting this sorted - and you will get back ontrack with LL cos you know it works and that you can do it
daisy x

Hi! Have I missed you guys or what?

Replacemnet pc now installed, just got to catch up on all the happenings. Picking up dog tomorrow - long story which I'll write up in my diary - and had a lovely birthday too.

Have a great weekend everyone!

Hey Siim!!!! Happy Birthday for yesterday!

Hi SIIM glad you are back with us!
Glad you had a good birthday, many happy returns!
daisy x

Back