January 2009 - Starters

Sean thats a fab post - congratulations!

Westie - RTm is strange isn't - week 3 was my least favourite so far.
I'm now week 5 - so can have alcohol tonight, i have a bottle which has been waiting since january.

but you know what - i really don't want it! ( well not today anyway, lol!)

daisy x

Thanks Ladies, I really appreciate your comments and I'm delighted if I've been of even a little help over the past 6 months :)

Daisy - I felt the same way at first but soon overcame the reluctance - enjoy

Thanks guys, I think week 3 is a big adjustment but keep thinking that it's just another week and the weeks seem to be passing quite quickly so I'll be on week 5 soon (the week I'm looking forward to for being a bit more "normal"). Looking forward to cooking veg next week - getting bored of salad now!

westie i started week 5 today - yay!
soup
and olives and much more veg at last!
hurrah!
daisy x

Well done all of you on RTM I am so proud of you all.

Sean, what an amazing journey you have had, you are such an inspiration.

Don't worry Daisy/Westie, I'm sure RTM will just go as fast as abstinence and you will be flying when you get there.

Well done Suisanna, you are doing so well even after the setbacks that you have had. You go girl!!!

I must admit I am starting to feel a little fed up with abstinence but I know I need to finish. With some of the small losses I have had (due to lapsing which is my own fault I know) I am now behind by about 4 weeks from where I originally planned to be. Instead of having just 1st to loose I have still got 2, which is a lot better than 6!!! I know I will finish where I want to be (size 12 and whatever weight that may be) as I don't see any other option. If I don't get to where I want to be before RTM I know I will get annoyed with myself and god knows what will happen then!! But I am still trying to stay positive and carrying on with the plan.

I have my Summer Ball a week on Sunday and I am sooooooo excited. I have my dress which I will post a pic of in my album. But as for the clothes that I will be wearing for the modelling, I have my fitting with Debenhams on Thursday. I am modelling work/office wear, night out and a ball gown. No idea what it will be like as they will be picking the clothes for us before we get there (as there are 25 models). I am so nervous about the actual modelling though. I'm sure adrenalin will kick in on the night but it's still nerve wracking. All in all I am sure that it will be a great night with great people.

So just another 1lb for me this week which means 4st 2lb off now with LL (5st 6 1/2lb from my heaviest). I am still pleased with the overall result even with being naughty. I have gone from a size 22 to a 16 so I am well chuffed with that. Just 2 stone and 1 1/2 dress sizes to drop to be where I want to be. Bring on the size 12's, I'm ready now!!

Good luck this week to all of those still on abstinence and keep going to all those on RTM. Well done January starters, we're the best x x

Daisydoll - wk 25 2lb off -63lbs total - 1lb to go
Emveg - W14.5 - 5.5lb off - 58.5lb lost - 0lb to lose!!!
Foxtrot - Week 19 - 1lb in RTM ....12lb to go
JaneyB- wk5 RTM- 46lbs lost 4lb below target.
JazzyB W12 -3lbs off 49lbs lost 0lb to go
JessicaL - wk2 RTM - 1lb off - 60lbs total - 6lb to go
Louale - W24 - 10.0 - 52total - 42lbs to lose
sansukh--wk21--STS-lost 3 stone and feeling good
Sean(JSF) - RTM wk 8 - 4lb - 116lbs total 26lbs under target !!!
SexyBecks1 - wk 24 - lb - 58lbs total -23lbs to loose
SIIM - Refreshers- 5.5lbs - 43lbs total -90lbs to lose
Susianna - wk 26 - 3lb- Total - 69lbs -14 to go
thin_inside - wk 24 - 2.5lbs off - 84.5lbs total - 47.5lbs to lose
Westiegirl - wk 23 - 4lbs off - 70.5lbs total - 1.5lb below target

How are you doing Susianna? That sounds a little scarey. I hope everything turns out fine. Please keep us informed.:hug99:

TI after 6 stone you must be looking bloody amazing! Well done for still going, I think you're a hero! :clap:

Congrats Sean. I'm still using a lot of your cooking ideas, I find they're quite inspirational. Good luck with going forward.

Hey Becks you're looking really wow! I'm sure the modeling will be fantasic. I can hear you now, 'of course when I was modelling...' ;):D:D

I have had a full diary and it's looking fuller until after mid August so I'm putting off the next step until then. Over all I have lost another 2lb and steadily maintaining other than that. Very, very pleased that my lifestyle is fitting in now!!! :D

Thanks for your concern everyone .... i'm fine really just very frustrated at this no driving business, have my Neurology apointment a week Monday so no further forward at the moment although no more funny turns :)

TI as FT says you must look and feel amazing with a 6 stone loss, no wonder you are getting so many compliments .... its quite a good feeling seeing the shock on people's faces that you havn't seen in a while isn't it.

Glad RTM is going well Westie & Daisy, its such a learning curve and its good to push the boundaries a little I think!

Glad everything is going well FT, makes sense to put off the next step until its right for you!

Becks you look gorgeous in your posh frock in your avatar ... how amazing to look back at how far you've come, hope the modeling goes well, hold your head up high and know that you are looking fab!

Keep popping in Sean don't be a stranger!

Have a great weekend all ... I'm off to see Take That on Sunday ... can't wait!!

x

YAY! STS this week, which is great after glasto and my lapsing!
just have to make sure i dont use it as a 'look what i can get away with' - and than put on next week!

Daisydoll - wk 27 STS -63lbs total - 1lb to go
thin_inside - wk 24 - 2.5lbs off - 84.5lbs total - 47.5lbs to lose

Thanks for all the lovely comments folks. I am fully back in positive mode and believe this week will be a good one.

Susianna - I'm dead jealous about you seeing Take That. You'll have a ball! Good luck with the tests you need.

I'm heading back to old haunts with the kids in a few week time and we'll be seeing loads of old friends. Most of them have never known me under 15 stone. I know there will be loads of positive strokes, but as I'm still in abstinence I'm also expecting some negative ones. It'll be interesting.

Daisy - I always found my lapses on ww would catch up with me two weeks later, even if I was a saint after. I really hope you continue to sts - that's the aim of RTM after all. xx

hi
i am feeling much more positive today ( see RTM post) and am 100% back on track - the fog has lifted, lol
have posted a couple of new pics in my album if anyone wants a look - i hope they will keep me focussed as i want to keep wearing dresses and shorts!
daisy x

Daisy - that dress in your avatar is gorgeous on you. Your OH must be so pleased ;).

2lb off for me this week. Definitely slow slow progress in comparison with Foundation weeks. No idea why as drinking and exercising plenty. I had really hoped to move from obese to overweight, but it'll have to be next week now! :sigh:

Still losing so that's good.

Daisydoll - wk 27 STS -63lbs total - 1lb to go
thin_inside - wk 25 - 2lbs off - 87lbs total - 45lbs to lose

That's a good goal to keep you going this week though TI!!

ANDDDDD don't they say if it comes off slowly, it stays off?? Keep at it, you're doing fab!

Don't be disheartened T_I you're still losing weight which is the aim after all! It's not a race, but the rest of your life to enjoy being slim :) Keep at it & loving the positive attitude.

Well done TI, still losing, even though I know it will be frustrating having slow losses. You're still on track and you'll get there :D

I put on 0.2kg this week, which I consider a STS as it was my fruit week and TOTM is due. My scales at home are holding steady each morning (only fluctuating within a pound or so) so I'm happy with it all at the moment :D

t_i i lost 2lb every week on developers - a bit frustrating at times, but looking back who cares, it came off - and is hopefully staying off.

you are going in the right direction!
daisy x

FT, Westie, Sean and Daisy - thank you for your lovely comments.

I know I will stay with it to the end. I guess, having booked a holiday for mid Oct I was really banking on being at goal weight and at least five weeks into RTM by that time. This is looking very unlikey now. However, we are self-catering and it is with my very supportive family, so whatever the stage I am at by then, I am sure I will stick to it.

It would be nice to be in a position to share a meal at restaurant with them. Any thoughts on which week of RTM would allow this? I had in my head week 5 would be ideal. xx

Back