January 2010 - Starting LT - whos with me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Starting LT soon - I hope

Hi
I'd like to join you too please. I did CD four years ago and lost 3 stone, but blew it all when my mum died and I hit the comfort food. Three years and 3 months on and I am ready to get serious again. CD is so expensive though, so I asked my GP to support me on LT. He said he'd get back to me once he had all the details, but he sounded positive. Meanwhile I thought I'd make getting into ketosis easier and did a week of Atkins. I'd tried that before too but couldn't get into ketosis actually on it. I did this time. Today I moved onto my friend's unused Cambridge shakes because she can't stick with it. I hope that when the Dr rings he'll say yes and quote me a nice price for LT!

Hi again
Smells and the food adverts on tv - never realised there were so many. Planning on doing abour 14 weeks if poss but have a celebration dinner in March and wondering how to get out of it - who knows maybe won't lst that long anyway. Thanks for letting me know what TOTM means. Means next week should be easier too!

Brilliant thread! Started Lipotrim on Monday 4th January. Didnt find week one as hard as I thought I would, week 2 harder!!!
Lost 7lb in week one. Been today for my weigh in and only lost 4lb :cry: which I was dissapointed with but reading the weight you guys have lost this seems normal and good. I now weigh 10 stone 7lb. I want to get down to about 9 stone 10lb ish??? I was so disheartened today I have come home and eaten a meal from the refeed programme. How will this effect me? Can I continue as normal with the shakes for the rest of the week? Will I have hindered my weight loss? Im gutted now!!!

hey linds, it may or may not effect you but the best thing is to not think about it whatsoever and just get right back on those shakes and drinking the water, and make sure you dont break it again. youve almost lost a stone already thats fantastic, keep it up sweetie. x

hello i slipped again but on 1st day of starting again coz been worring about geting money for my wedding but me and my fiance have worked money out and i now no i can pay for that and lt so i am starting again on monday and i AM NOT going to brak it again till i get to where i want to be good luck evey one and i will keep you up to date with my lost im not going to weigh in on monday as no point but i will weigh at home and go from next week as in the 25th jan..... xxx Anna xxx

Hi everyone!

Day 4 now over! Thanks for the support though I have to say today has been really hard and as i am writing this I feel like I am starving to death, went into the kitchen about to cook something but kept repeating the reasons why I was doing this and resisted, also read a few posts of here and it really helps to know I am not alone in this so thanks you everyone! Hope to be in ketosis tomorow (day 5) as really don't know how much longer i can take being this down and hungry
:( Anyway hang in there all of you!!!

Anniebee xxx

Waiting to get into ketosis isn't fun Anniebee, and even when you are in it feels like you aren't for a couple of days when you get to 'habit' eating times (well that's what happened to me on both occasions) but then suddenly you don't care. Last time round I was a month in to CD and got promoted. I went out with about a dozen people for a meal to celebrate. They all ate either 2 or 3 courses and I ate nothing! I was able to look and even smell what they were eating. It was like it was interesting on an academic level, but none of my business.

Hopefully it's today that you'll feel the freedom!

Hi all - weighed myself for the first time this am - day 6 - down 11lbs - 11LBS - delighted. In fairness I'm starting from a weight of 21.5 stone but that said its still fab and great to see such a big loss - first official weigh in tomorrow.

If you ant to know if you are in ketosis go to a pharmacy and buy Ketosticks - they are available here in Ireland so I would assume they are freely available. Wen you pee on them they tell you how far into Ketosis you are. Might be useful for you.

Anyone get anything to help their bowel move - Fiberclear doing nothing for me and I need somethinG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Keep up there loosing all - I get great heart from reading the posts - lets you know what to expect.

hey the experience brilliant job so far keep it up..yeah i was thinking the same thing ive nearly finished my first firbreclear tub and i think im going to get something else as it doesnt seem to be working. well i think it works but not too well lol . other people use senokot and ducolax so think i might find one of those and use it. x

thanks a mill bells - i need something so ill jot down those names and head to the pharmacy. you seem to be doing brilliant yourself! It tough bu nothing thats good in life is easy eh?!

hey linds, it may or may not effect you but the best thing is to not think about it whatsoever and just get right back on those shakes and drinking the water, and make sure you dont break it again. youve almost lost a stone already thats fantastic, keep it up sweetie. x

Thanks! Im Back on the shakes today and determined to go all week with out putting anything in my month!!!! If I can loose 3lb this week I've lost a stone which I need to celebrate rather than think of what I still have to loose! Its great having the support from here and reading about everyones stories!

i knew i was a odd person.lol.but the only downside at the moment is me peeing.i still going to pooooooo once a day,not my usual same time routine but going all the same.sorry to be blunt but there is not a lot of places i can think of that you can talk shi?.love to all.

Im in the same position as you .I lost three stones last summer with LT but fell off the wagon with just a stone to go!Starting again today good luck to both of us!!!!

Hey all!

Thanks Kentucky, you are absolutely right, I see the time or other people eating and my brain thinks FOOOOOOD! I feel much better today, got on the scales for the first (day 5) - 10lb! and the hunger pangs whislt still there more manageable, now more determined than ever!

Anniebee xxxx

Hi peeps,

Im new to this forum and wish to join you all in supporting each other in your quest to shed the pounds.

I've been overweight for as long as I can remember but over the past few years have really packed it on. Im hoping joining this forum will help me towards sorting myself out.

Im on day 5 so far and feel better than I expected I would. When I started I tried to avoid being around people when they eat because I thought I was weak and would fall off the wagon imediately, but to be honest I have been around people eating full english's and roast dinners and it really does not bother me.

Today I probably had my worst day so far, walked into the kitchen with the smell of fresh toast with butter and it made me feel like the monster was gonna break out.

Anyways without blabbering on I hope to keep you all updated on my progress and also look forward to hearing yours.

Hi Ryan.
Yes we all get the 'buttered toast moments' until well into ketosis and then you can look at all foods without more than a passing interest. We can do this. We will do this. Last summer was SO hot and uncomfortable. This summer will not be.

Regarding Ketosis, the pharmacist said it would kick in after around 3 days. My participating pharmacy does not measure ketones, is that a problem? Or is it as long as I am doing everything to the letter regarding not sliping and water intake I have nothing to worry about?

Another question, my current plan is to have my first shake at around 12pm and my second at 5pm, I usually wake for work at 5am so its big gap before I have my first. Is it important to have my first earlier to ensure my body digests both before I sleep. Probably a stupid question, just wondered what others thought and how they plan their day.

hey welcome aboard ryan!!! regarding the ketones my pharmacy doesnt measure them either but if your doing it right you will be in ketosis. you can get ketostix from the pharmacy if you want to measure if your in it or out of it. it usually kicks in between day 3 and 5 for different people. with the shakes i try and have one as soon as i get up and then on mid afternoon and then one at about 8 in the evening as usually i would be an evening snacker. im not sure but i doubt it matters too much when you have them as long as you do have them. but maybe if your working then having one early is good so you dont feel faint etc. keep up the water intake...and best of luck x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back