January 2010 - Starting LT - whos with me

Status
Not open for further replies.
hello all you know the listerine strips can it be any flavour or a certon one and can you still use toothpast, and my pharmacy dosent do the ketones so im going to buy them on ebay oh and also i have found on ebay a flavour you can add to your water and it says it is for lt is that right at all thanks Anna good luck evey one im starting this again tomow and i WILL stick to it this time..... Bell hope your well hun

hey anna24 had a slip today but im back on track again, how are you getting on?? are you finding it any easier? yep you can still use toothpaste and i use original listerine mouthwash. the strips i think have to be the original listerine strips instead of the citrus ones anyway... the ketostix you would prob find in boots if you ask them... as for the water flavour i think i saw a post about it and said that you couldnt have it, but im sure somebody will be along to tell you if you can or cant..... hope ur getting on alright...x

can some one tell me how much the ketones sticks are in the uk please and the same for the listerine strips

I think as long as I can keep my belly monster at bay I can do this, I think the key is to keep ocupied. Weekdays at work its easiest, this weekend has been a bit harder. I decided to walk into town to take my mind off it and it seemed to do the trick.

The one thing im most paranoid about is the bad breath, I bought some Listerine (gold) today as the pharmacist recomended it. I wondered if I could use breath spray as I cant seem to find Listerine strips anywhere as I dont wanna kill people when I talk to them lol

Hello all I started LT on wednesday.. found it quite hard for the first couple of days as the shakes didnt taste very nice at all, but after being told i could use sweetner and tried them with sweetner they actually taste nice lol so doing good on it now, hope to keep it up. Its nice to read what everyone is doing and the issues they have and also the support that is given.. argh first weighing on wednesday hope it goes well *fingers crossed* .. well done everyone and keep up the good work xx

hey prideand respect welcome and best of luck on wednesday..im sure youll do really well keep it up....
ketostix cost 8euro here in boots so i guess about 6 pounds. sorry i cant be more specific..x

ryanh i dont think we can have the spray at all, the listerine strips are really hard to find but i think you can find them on ebay. there is a brand called nupharm that do them, my chemist has them and theyre for lt so maybe check and see if yours does??? other than that drink lots of water and keep a toothbrush handy and try not to open your mouth when talking to people lol x

Heya Pride,

Best of luck on your first WI, im looking forward to mine on tuesday. I've heard different things regarding if we can take sweetener or not, Im defo a coffee addict and thought I had to give it up because I couldn't bare to drink it without it being sweetened. Im gonna ride it out till tuesday so I can get the 100% lowdown on it from the pharmacist.

If any of you start hearing the growls of your belly beast head for the nearest tap for an all you can eat H20 Buffet :D

If any of you start hearing the growls of your belly beast head for the nearest tap for an all you can eat H20 Buffet :D

lol ryanph....
on the sweetner front we can have tablet sweetner. i use canderel as do most ppl, but we cant have the powder form as they put sugar in it to make it spoonable x

Thanks ryan, good luck for tuesday hope you get the result your hoping for x

I use sweetex tablets, calorie free sweetners :)

HELP!!! ADVICE!!!

Hi Guys

I have been doing LP for 2 weeks now. Ive lost 11lb and have about another stone to loose to get to my ideal weight, however, I would be happy with loosing another 11lb!
Im determined to do it but i have a big problem. I havent told anyone other than my husband and parents what Im doing as I dont want any negative comments or opinions about it or my weight!
The problem is on Feb 6th which is 3 weeks time my VERY best friend is having a birthday meal that me and my husband are going to!! Im so scared - what if I havent got down to the weight I want - what will I eat??? http://www.minimins.com/images/smilies/cry.gif
Any advice please give it to me.
Thanks everyone and keep up the good work!!
xxx

I have not yet started, I keep procrastinating, And Im hoping 2moro will be a good day to start. How are you spacing your meals and how is the water intake going?

hey fassy if you dont do it now youll never do it,, and you know that lol... i take mine at about 10 or 11am then at about 3.30 or 4.30 and then at about 8.30pm,,, i try and get 3.5litres of water in a day and try and get my first litre in before midday...hope that helps....best of luck getting on board and the quicker you get on the quicker youll get off!!.....x

HELP!!!
I have been on LP for 2 weeks and lost 11lb. Am hoping to stay on it till Ive lost at least another 11lb...however long that may be....Am confussed about what happens when I start introducing food and am TERRIFIED all put all my weight back on.....My question to you is.... Its my best friends birthday in 3 weeks, she is going for a meal. I know its dangerous to drink so I wont be doing that but what on earth shall I eat and how will it effect me??? HELP!!! IM so stressed by it as I cant go and not eat or go an take my milkshake with me!!!

hey linds, ok well you have a few options, if shes you really good friend then you could take her aside beforehand and just tell her what your doing and that youll be there but wont eat, have some fizzy water in a wine glass. if shes a really good friend she support you no matter what your decision is. she may think its a silly idea but she support you, after all she doesnt want you there to eat she just wants your company.
if you cant do that, the maybe say you and your hubby will meet her afterwards for drinks or a night out and you can stay on the water?
if neither of those ideas appeal and as a last resort then maybe have some chicken/fish and a little veg no carbs.(what you would have at the start of refeed) people will give out about this option because lt is a tfr and your not meant to but if you really have to then fine.but make sure you get right back on the shakes the next day. so you have a few options, i think the first one is the best one but its up to you. xx

hiya just back from weigh in. Only 5lbs down this week. Pharmacist says I need to drink more than what I am. Explained to them that im drinking 6 pints and if I drink more I am physically sick. Have been advised to just have half a pint with each shake and to sip at water during the day rather than try and drink half a pint at a time. Fingers crossed this works as im fed up of being sick each time I drink more than 6 pints.

Is anyone else struggling with the water intake?

hiya just back from weigh in. Only 5lbs down this week. Pharmacist says I need to drink more than what I am. Explained to them that im drinking 6 pints and if I drink more I am physically sick. Have been advised to just have half a pint with each shake and to sip at water during the day rather than try and drink half a pint at a time. Fingers crossed this works as im fed up of being sick each time I drink more than 6 pints.

yes i am,can only manage 4 pints so i keeping my fingers crossed for monday.

Hello, I can just about manage 4pints... I usually have shake and water together.. little bit of water after my shake and mouthfuls of water throughout the day.. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back