January 2011 starters and re-starters thread

Evening everyone - back from class and lost 5.5lb. A little bit of me was disappointed as first time round I lost double that in the first week, but I did restart 4 days before class and so lost 9.5lb in 1 week and 4 days. I guess it's not so much about having a big "wow" weight loss in that first week, what's more important is (as Jezabel says above) loosing a consistent decent amount each week. We talked about exercise this week in class so i might get off my lazy ass and try and do some this week!

Have a really manic week at work for the next week including a day trip to Kent with a load of other people in a car... However I'm on a real high at the moment and not at all tempted to lapse. I paid the price for lapsing last time - and a massive price it was too.

Have been reading everyone's posts and fabulous to see everyone doing so well!

RaeB - will try and say a proper hello next Tues!

Loula xx

Well done Jez, that's great.
Don't forget I know how tiny you are to start with!
We'll be sylph like again in no time. xx

Hi All, well thats me officially on LL from tomorrow, went to group this morning, the others all seem very friendly so hopefully it will be a nice group.

Have laid my packs out in kitchen, stood looking at them for a while asking myself if I can do this again, then I thought of how I never want to feel like I have been feeling ever again!!!

Have a knee replacement op coming up in a few weeks, need to speak to surgeon regarding being on LL but from enquiries made when at the clinic I should be ok as have opted for spinal block rather than general anaesthetic [prob spelt that wrong] and should hopefully be able to keep on my packs.
So nothing stands in my way unless I chose it too!!!

Good luck to those starting this week and well done to those who are well on thier way.
Janey xx

Lol, thanks Loula and SB

it's those damn bikinis I have that I never got chance to wear last summer because of damn work that I want to look really sylph like in!! SB isnt it such a great feeling to be back in Ketosis??? Did my first cooking back at work today, kinda weird as it was for a tasting for clients so I am supposed to taste, lol but got the rest to taste it for me, so glad to know that i am still pretty much spot on with seasonings etc even without tasting!!! Go me!!!

J
xx

Well done Loula, I think that's a great start.
And welcome back Janey B. Yes, you can do it again.
What flavours did you choose?

Yes Jez, go you. You 've still got it hun xx

Hi SB, your looking terrific in your pics, said it before and will say it again you are such an inspiration!!

Well didn't expect to be back as a returner but hey ho!!!

I've chosen chocolate for brekki, thai chilli for lunch, Veg soup for dinner and vanilla for supper as a frothy coffee! Can't wait to get started on my bars as I did find my bar and coffee in evening as something to really look forward too!
Janey xx

Well done Jez and Loula!! Great losses, both of you... :clap:

2.6lb's for me this week, which is pretty average for me... It would seem I'm not destined to be one of the 'big loss each week' people, who lose 4 or 5lb's regularly! :rolleyes:

Still, a loss is a loss I guess... But was disappointed when she said, to be honest, just couldn't help it... :(

My scales at home showed me 4lb's down from last week, so maybe it was the water from today or something...

Thing is... If I carry on with the kind of losses I've had over the last 4 weeks, I'm not gonna reach goal anywhere near when I had hoped... I will stick with it, of course, but, looks like it could be closer to 6 months, rather than 4, as originally hoped... :(

I've not cheated once, and done all I can, so it's just my body I guess... it's just the way it is!... Aaanyway, no point going on about it... mind you, anything positive anyone has to say at this stage, sure would help... ;) So, feel free! Hehe...

xx

Hiya Pinkie

Well done on your weight loss hun, I can understand you being a lil bit disappointed but just see how much you've lost in 6 weeks! Not far off 2 stone! whooop, whooop!!

Hang on in there Pinkie, because I know you can do it, together we can all do it!! xx Maxi xx

i agree with maxi and its 23lbs of fat!! thats the good thing, because weve no glycogen our body is using fat for energy so 2.6lbs is 2.6lbs of pure fat!! thats a lot when you see that. xx

Aww... thanks guys...
smiley-hug002.gif
xxx

Well done on your loss pinkie!! x

Aww... thank you Cass... xx
5.gif

Pinkie, try not to be too discouraged. I had weeks where I only lost 1.5lb and felt really low, because I knew I hadn't cheated. But it's water weight as you say, or natural hormonal fluctuations. I often find that the weeks I have a low loss, my tape measure shows a big size difference, and looking back at my weight loss graph (yup, I'm a bit of a geek like that) I can now see a clear cyclical pattern to the losses.

A loss is a loss and you're going in the right direction!

It's great tp see how busy it is on here. Fantastic support.

Hi Loula, sorry I didn't say hi last night, I felt like the new girl ;) (which wasn't justified to be honest).

Hiya everyone

RaeB welcome to the boards and good luck on your journey :D

A question I want to put to everyone on here - have you been having weird dreams since you've been on the diet or is it just me going a bit mental lol.

Would great to see your reply, thanks. xx Maxi xx

My 6 hours sleep feels like 5 minutes.. but no bad dreams :p x

Aww... thanks Spangly... :)

It's that sort of encouragement and support, which you've all shown... which helps me keep it in perspective, and see the bigger picture... You're a star!

xx

Hi girls
Just got back from work bursting with pride and wanted to share... I went round to see some kids I work with this afternoon (I'm a social worker) and there was a full on "party tea" laid out as it was a special occasion. The carers enthusiastically encouraged me to "dive in" and I had a moment where I thought "oh crumbs"... But I calmly said that I was going out for a big dinner tonight and didn't want to snack and spoil it. And I didn't touch a thing! I actually felt quite smug sitting there watching them all eating and I had a glass of water. Interestingly none of the kids noticed I wasn't eating at all. I'm taking this as a sign that I will persevere with LL for longer than i did last time - I could have so easily lapsed today but seem to be in a good place right now. Bring it on! Hope everyone else is well xx

Fantastic Loula, well done. I'm so proud of you too.
xx

Back