January 2011 starters and re-starters thread

5 words..

The Power Lies Within You!

:)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Great post Loula. inspirational to to others. Well done you.
Doesn't it make you feel somehow empowered when you have been that strong?
It's those kind of experiences that spur you on to continue abstinence.
Isn't it amazing to realise that no-one is really bothered about whether we eat or not? Most people are more interested in themselves or their kids or their OH etc.
If they do notice we're not eating it's only news to them for a moment.
You did so well.

Hey Pinkie,
Don't despair. I think you are being too hard on yourself.
For most people the loss will average out to a stone a month by the end of Foundation, the lucky ones slightly more.
I'm a great believer in more water more weight loss. For me to lose affectively I need to drink 4 litres a day. Others can do it on much less. Thing is, we are all different and have varying metabolisms. Medication can also have an impact on weight loss.

A lady in my group seemed to have weeks on end when her weight loss was low or nothing, but in the end she lost the same as me.
Tell you what - it's a darn sight quicker than many of the other well known ways of losing weight.
You are going in the right direction hun. Stick with it.
p.s. Pink is my fave colour
:princess::princess::princess::princess::princess::princess::princess::princess:
I

Gosh what a day!!! Never mind day. What a week!
The board visit came and went. Didn't get much feedback but I'm sure I'll hear something tomorrow.
The store looked immaculate as I was there from 7 am on my knees scrubbing it clean!
The only thing they 'picked' on were the squeaky door lol
After work I had to go to training so my day was very long and stressful.
The good thing is that everyone noticed how much weight I lost and complemented me!
:)
Still..
All I want is some chips and ice cream now!!!

lol

Hope everyone is cool!
Well done to all of us! We're rock and rolling! ;)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

NO YOU DON'T MAGDA xxxxxx

Well done on the visit.:)

Evening All

Pinkie, your loss is fab, I had low weeks too even when I was 100% and yes it balances out in the end.

Mags, well done on all that work, sounds like you aced it!! And nooooo no chips and ice cream <G> actually I know you wont though ;P

Loula well done honey, that is such a powerful thing to have done and you must feel so proud of yourself!!! Hell girl I am damn proud of you!!!!

So, the thoughts of the day, and I am not sure how many of you returners feel this - is doing LL different the second time round? To explain somewhat, I am loving the safety and security of being on the packs, and knowing that the weight is going!!! But, this time round it seems harder in some ways mentally, than the first time. I think this is for a few reasons, the first time I had a lot to loose, this time I only want to loose a stone.... also this time my sister is eating normally which she wasnt the first time, she was in abstinence too. Now I know that 90% of people doing this diet live with their o/h's and kids eating, but as I work with food all day, the first time I came home and it was a bit of an escape, now I feel totally surrounded by the stuff!!! I think it's also a little to do with the fact that I could loose the stone with Lite, but choose not to, because I know in my Adult state that this is the way that works best with me, and if I started with a meal it could potentially spiral... It just seems easier, and yet harder to resist food atm, not that I have eaten, but I have had some thoughts of " ooh well you could have protein and be ok" not entirely sure where these are coming from.... perhaps because I am feeling a little emotionally fragile??? Any ideas, or advice, would be fab, not that I will break my 100% abstinence, because then I would feel I had broken my record and it would negate in some way my 100% abstinence first time round...

J
xx

I am loving the safety and security of being on the packs, and knowing that the weight is going!!! But, this time round it seems harder in some ways mentally, than the first time. I think this is for a few reasons, the first time I had a lot to loose, this time I only want to loose a stone.... also this time my sister is eating normally which she wasnt the first time, she was in abstinence too. Now I know that 90% of people doing this diet live with their o/h's and kids eating, but as I work with food all day, the first time I came home and it was a bit of an escape, now I feel totally surrounded by the stuff!!! I think it's also a little to do with the fact that I could loose the stone with Lite, but choose not to, because I know in my Adult state that this is the way that works best with me, and if I started with a meal it could potentially spiral... It just seems easier, and yet harder to resist food atm, not that I have eaten, but I have had some thoughts of " ooh well you could have protein and be ok" not entirely sure where these are coming from.... perhaps because I am feeling a little emotionally fragile??? Any ideas, or advice, would be fab, not that I will break my 100% abstinence, because then I would feel I had broken my record and it would negate in some way my 100% abstinence first time round...

J
xx

OMG
I could have written most of that myself.
I'm totally abstinent too, but thoughts of lapsing keep going through my head when I'm in the kitchen preparing food for the others.
Maybe it's because we are already slim and no-one else would know that we feel the way we do!
It does sometimes go through my head that it might be a bit silly to be abstinent and wearing some of the clothes I do.
But I also know I'm much happier about a stone lighter.
Recently I've been waking up in a panic imagining I was back to square one.
That ain't gonna happen.
Maybe we've just forgotten how hard it was last time, like people forget how painful giving birth is.
Don't forget, we have been re-born!

I must go and do "stuff". I'm getting addicted to Minimins again, but loving seeing all the activity and positive messages of old and new.

So very true SB, and at least it is not only me feeling this way. I think because nobody out there thinks we need to loose weight, infact my work colleagues were shocked I was back on packs, and no matter how much I explain that I just feel happier a stone lighter, they are all "well you are fine, normal, you dot need to loose weight blah blah" I think it is just such a personal thing. I dont remember it being this hard the first time, because I wanted to be thin more than anything, this time round I am technically thin, just want to be a little more thin!!! Not sure if that makes any sense at all? mmm interesting things to think on and I will absolutely bring it up in group next week.

J
xx

another day down

Loula - well done. It takes great willpower to do that particularly when it is laid out in front of you. I was in a 6 hour meeting today with clients having been up at 5am and flown to see them. Ate my bar in the car to the way to the meeting, drank loads of water and resisted the working lunch. I don't think anyone really noticed:)
Felt good but still panicking whether I will lose any weight this week. Haven't lapsed at all but I just panic that I am not the same as everyone else and for some reason the weight won't come off me even though the adult in me knows it will. Why, why, why am I having such silly thoughts. :eek:
Love minimins and all the support - you are all fab! :worthy:

Well day 1 done and dusted!!
Know from experience though that next 2 days will be the difficult ones.
xx

Evening guys

Just wanna add how familiar and comforting it is that other refreshers are feeling the same!!

Just got back from my meeting and that is the exact topic of conversation!! The general topics we touched on were - did people not meet their goal first time hence making excuses and putting weight back on and finding themselves back at LL?!?!

Or others were discussing do they use LL as a control for their weight - ie - when they hit 15st?! they be returning as a remedial action!! It was actually quite thought provoking and interesting hearing peoples thoughts!

I'm personally finding it much harder this time for the following reasons:-

Towards the end of LL last time I was gagging after packs and even on day 1 of refreshers - I had remembered that feeling and I was gagging straight away - thus finding it difficult to even have my meals!!

Also - this week I have been dicing with death saying - 'well it's ok if I don't manage it this time - cus at the end of the day I've been bigger than I am now- and have previously lived with it!!!!'

And all crazy things like that - but clearing my mind and chest at the meeting and these forums allows me to re focus and aim realistic but be optimistic - so thanks to everyone for their input!!!

How is everyone else finding it!! X

Hiya everyone

Im a refresher and if im honest finding it harder this time, but I take one day at a time thats the way I get through it.

Anyhoo girlies, I had my weigh in last week and lost another 3lb so thats 12lb in the first week!! whoop, whoop! Really pleased, I'll let Cass tell you how much she has lost. Well I suppose I'd better get ready for work, have a good day everyone! xx Maxi xx

Hay Maxi that is absolutely fabulous - well done you.

I've got my first weigh in meeting tonight - and I am actually nervous. On Monday I felt great as if i'd already lost loads, but this morning i feel bigger than i did on monday and even bigger than when i started this thing. It's the strangest thing. My negativity is probably down to the fact that I'm feeling awful - hopefully this too will pass.

Well done ladies you are all doing so great, everyone of you are a inspiration to me. The one's that have had little hiccup's on the way, sharing them with us makes me believe that no matter what get's in my way and the negative I have to put up with at work I will get there in the end. (((((big hugs))))) to you all and thank you for sharing your up's and down's. Xxxxxxx

Charltonjules said:
Well done ladies you are all doing so great, everyone of you are a inspiration to me. The one's that have had little hiccup's on the way, sharing them with us makes me believe that no matter what get's in my way and the negative I have to put up with at work I will get there in the end. (((((big hugs))))) to you all and thank you for sharing your up's and down's. Xxxxxxx

Sorry and gentlemen.

Hi everyone,
Hope you don't mind me joining you,had my wk 1 weigh in last night lost 8lb! Very pleased!!
Sexy x

Back