January 2011 starters and re-starters thread

Jezabella

You are right. No point crying over the spilt milk I guess. Have had a good talking to myself and you are right right right. Thank you soo much:doh:

well done gingette - a great incentive to keep going and good motivation for me too!
to those who have lapsed - leave it all behind you - that was yesterday and this is today - do not feel guilty for being human, move forward and you can do this!
good luck to all of you on your journey and thanks for the welcome.
day one and im starving but determined! lol x

Good for you Zingano, it's such a great feeling when you know you've conquered those first few hellish days!!!

See you have 3rd time lucky on your signature, I'm on my 3rd time too and really really mean this time to be my last!!!

Janey xx

Hi Janey,

It's my 3rd time also,we can do this!

sexy xx

Yes we can, yes we can, yes we can!!!!
You'd think though that we might have seen the error of our ways eh!!
However we are back again and this time we WILL DO IT!

Janey xx

As you said earlier Janey for the last time! For me too,
Does feel good been in ketosis!

Sexy xx

Last edited:
Hi everyone!

Well done on the losses!!

I have just finished my first day with no cheating, its been hard as the kids seem to have done nothing but eat lol but im feeling proud of my small acheivement and plan to take it each day at a time!

good luck for this week everyone xxx

Well done Lucie! Just take it one day a time... You did today, so you can do it!!

Exciting!... :)

xx

Well done Lucie xx

Well done Lucie

You are going to be so excited when the weight starts dropping off, that feeling is worth more and feels better than any food ive ever tasted, and trust me ive tasted a lot of food in my time!!

J
xx

Struggling big time at the moment!!!
I'm constantly having to fight off the urge to cheat at the moment.
What is wrong with me?!!
Why do I always want to sabotage my efforts and undo all the hard work I've done?!
I'm feeling rather sorry for myself and I don't even know why?
It's not like I miss food or anything (I'm on lite) it's just I think I'm looking for something that would fill in the void and that something was always food!
I think I need to talk to my LLC and possibly go back on total for that last stage of my weight loss journey.
I can deal better with not eating at all for now I think.
Eating, even a little bit opens a whole big can of worms which I'm not ready to deal with.
Maybe it'll be easier to get to goal by doing total and then do rtm properly.

Oh I just don't know anymore... :(

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

:hug99:Big hugs Magiclove,

I thought about LLLite this time round but after a long talk with my councellor she said she thought it might be best to do total again, she finds that if your a returner you struggle a lot with lite, where as someone starting for 1st time on LL and doing lite cope very well!!
She couldn't explain exactly why this was only her findings throughout her groups!!!

You have to do what you think best Magiclove but for me I'm so glad I chose to do total again, think it is the fact you know once you commit from day 1 that any kind of food is out of the equation.

Use today to come to a decision otherwise u'll have this feeling going on indefinately.

Good Luck hun.

xx

Hey Mags Darling

Hang in there, be strong, I think doing total might be the way forward, as the food is just too tempting sometimes. perhaps you could do a thought record or some journalling to discover what is really going on inside which is making you want to sabotage your efforts, and I know you havent done so, but I know how hard it is sometimes. Food does fill a void, as no other thing does, when you have always used food as your drug of choice so to speak. It is just a case of finding new things to fill the voice, and because you are going through big transitions in the rest of your life - new job etc. It is making it even harder now that you do not have food to turn to. Just look at how strong you are and have been, with all you have been through in the last few months, and see how strong you really are!! Be proud of your achievements honey.

J
xx

Thanks angel. See I have been fine up till now. I was strong and hard as a rock. Nothing and I mean nothing could make me lapse but recently I have this nasty voice in my head telling me to rebel. For what? I don't know!
Yes food does fill the void but I really thought I've become relatively good at replacing it with other things. Obviously not as good as I thought! lol
This should be a massive wake up call for me and from tomorrow I shall continue with my journey doing Total.
I'm not digging the Lite business. I've tried twice and I failed both times.
Sadly!
Onwards and downwards.
Off to the gym now..

Oh Mags, I feel your anguish from here hun x
It is so hard suddenly introducing food (even a little bit) after being on abstinence.
I've only been on abstinence once before, but I know the way I did it worked so well for me (we didn't have Lite then so there was no choice).
To me it makes sense to get to where you want to be with your weight/size on Total, maybe with a few pounds lee-way to help with that feeling of panic about introducing food again. #That way you would do the full RTM re-introduction with support from your
LLC and others in the group. You wouldn't be trying to suddenly do it and keep control.
Those old habits are buried not far below the surface are they?As I have found out, which is why I'm back on abstinence for a few weeks.
There are bound to be wobbly moments, good for you for recognising them and taking action.
Don't bee too hard on yourself hun. Look what you have already achieved.
Hugs xxx

:superwoman::patback::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Last edited:
And that is another problem! I don't seem to get the support from my LLC. She's either away or poorly or has a conference and so on. She let's her locum (or whatever you call her) run the class but frankly she hasn't got a clue what she's talking about!
My group is practically non existent as most of them have gone AWOL.
I don't know what to do. I'm determined to continue going to classes as that keeps me motivated and on straight and narrow but maybe I need to shop around. I will ask her tomorrow if there's another class I can join as I really really need the counselling which frankly I haven't been getting at all pretty much since I started! :(
This forum and you guys have been my lifeline so far and I really don't know what I would do without you!
SB you're like our guru and your opinion and advise means a lot to me too!
My mind is made up now! I'm going back on total. For a month for now and then we'll take it from there.
I'll take one day at a time just like I did before and commit to staying abstinent until I'm ready to do rtm. Simples!
Wish me luck my friends!! :)

Back