January 2011 starters and re-starters thread

Hi All

Apologies for my absence for the last few days, but it has been a silly busy week at work!! quite odd for January, but some of the events were ones that were supposed to take place in December but were cancelled when we had all the snow!! Xmas parties galore this week then! Anyway, its been a long run of it, in work for 7 and home at midnight for the last 2 nights, Wednesday was not as bad as I was home by about 10:30pm. The lack of sleep however really does not help and I always seemed to have a low loss when my sleep had been like this due to work first time around (there is a thread about sleep and weight loss somewhere)

Anyway, have stuck to it 100% which I am really pleased with, but I cannot say I havent been tempted. Im not sure why this is as first time round food just bored me. But I think it might have something to do with the fact that I have taught myself during RTM and beyond , to eat properly, and it is not cakes etc that I am craving, but meat and fish and veg and porridge!! God how my tastes have changed :) during the event last night there were prawns, and sirloin, and I know , realistically I could have had both, not knocked myself out of ketosis and still lost weight, but for me what is important is the principle of sticking with the abstinence 100% , so hard as it was, resist I did!!!

Have had a really good day today, went to bed at 3 last night, as I got home after midnight, but needed to feed my cats and give them cuddles and have a nice hot bath etc, and then woke up early (well set my alarm early) as I needed to call my LLC to see when I can pick up packs this week as I working the night my group is on :( dozed a little after that.. just felt knackered, then headed out to pick up the few bits from the high street, back home, and boy did I clean - yay for ketosis energy!! It is a funny thing to be totally knackered and still have energy to physically do things. After that I treated myself to a long hot pamper bath, legs shaved, face mask, hair wash, body scrub, and body lotion afterwards.... popped on some really warm pjs after that and had what I thought was going to be a nap for an hour, but ended up being 4 hours of deep sleep!! I must have needed it more than I thought. Going to try and head to bed soonish again, so I dont wipe out half of tomorrow being asleep too.

Hope you are all well, and congrats on the fab losses!!

J
xx

Just got back from a three day boot camp with some of the girls from my lighter life group. It was brilliant fun, we had life coaching, personal shopper, yoga class, hot tub, out door team building and loads f fun and games.

Sounds scary to me!
WI for me tomorrow. Wish me luck. End of Week 3, probably one more to go. See how much I've lost by tomorrow.
Definitely feel slimmer and today i've worn my purple skinny jeans again, size 10. When i put them on just before Christmas they were very tight and I'm sure there was a bit of a muffin top.
Hoping for a few more pounds tomorrow . I've been 100% which was hard last night. We had friends over to play poker and stay over.
The Poker was fun, the Bubbly, snacks in the evening, full English breakfast for them today. Temptation everywhere, but i didn't give in.
The worst part for me was walking through the fruit section in M&S on Saturday. It all looked fresh, healthy and I wanted everything.
Still, won't be long now. I think abstinence is difficult for me at the moment for 2 main reasons. I've only got a little to lose and my every day diet is generally very balanced and suits me
:confused:so why had I put on those pounds then? Am I kidding myself :confused:

Hello All

Well another day done, and inching ever closer to being back where I want to be which is awesome. It just falls off so quickly with LL, so I am really pleased I decided to do a months rebalancing. Had a lovely lie in today, and then braved Ikea on a Sunday!!! madness I know but it needed to be done and I've been putting it off for ages. It was heavingly busy, but managed to get in and out with as little drama as possible. Had a fun morning prior to heading out, slipping back into my favourite clothes again, those ones that had become just a little too tight by the end of December, and it was gratifying to have nice loose waistbands on them again. Am busy watching half ton son on Channel 4, hard core stuff.. again it makes me wonder why more doctors just do not reccommend a VLCD. It would save governments thousands of dollars and pounds.

Ready for the week ahead, which at least isn't as busy as last week, but 2 late nights ahead on Tuesday and Thursday, but at least it isnt 3 in a row, so some small recovery time. My sister is heading up to Mom and Dad for a week in Yorkshire, so will have the house to myself. Pity im in abstinence or I would throw a party or 2 !!!

So all in all a pretty good day, cant wait for WI which sadly will be on Wednesday not Tuesday, but bring it on!!!

J
xx

SB

Well done on hanging in there, I was the same all of last week, especially at the events, but weirdly it is the healthy things I am craving!!!!! And yes healthy balanced eating does suit us. We love it really, I think we just had a little slip over the festive season, which all things considered, isnt bad, it happens to "normal" people too. Hence January diets being popular. We have both maintained for a long time now, so all in all I reckon we are still winners!!!!! Good luck for WI dying to hear how it goes.

J
xx

slendablenda said:
Sounds scary to me!
WI for me tomorrow. Wish me luck. End of Week 3, probably one more to go. See how much I've lost by tomorrow.
Definitely feel slimmer and today i've worn my purple skinny jeans again, size 10. When i put them on just before Christmas they were very tight and I'm sure there was a bit of a muffin top.
Hoping for a few more pounds tomorrow . I've been 100% which was hard last night. We had friends over to play poker and stay over.
The Poker was fun, the Bubbly, snacks in the evening, full English breakfast for them today. Temptation everywhere, but i didn't give in.
The worst part for me was walking through the fruit section in M&S on Saturday. It all looked fresh, healthy and I wanted everything.
Still, won't be long now. I think abstinence is difficult for me at the moment for 2 main reasons. I've only got a little to lose and my every day diet is generally very balanced and suits me
:confused:so why had I put on those pounds then? Am I kidding myself :confused:

Good luck SB with your weigh in later!
Sexy xx

Hello gals

I haven't posted for a while. However, this must be a good thing as I'm going great guns. I have my weigh in tonight.

I have been reading everyones posts, and am really enjoying them

Hope everyone is doing okay!!

Mel x

melarnz said:
Hello gals

I haven't posted for a while. However, this must be a good thing as I'm going great guns. I have my weigh in tonight.

I have been reading everyones posts, and am really enjoying them

Hope everyone is doing okay!!

Mel x

Good luck for weigh in later Mel!
Sexy xx

I start tomorrow so guessing I still qualify for a January re-starter. So good to see all your losses. Spurs me on!

Really want to start tomorrow, but am at college all day - how do you all make your shakes when you are out? I cant find my little whizzer thingy?! Any tips x

You just need a mug and a spoon. Put the powder in the mug, micx to a smooth paste with a little cold water then add the rest slowly mixing with the spoon as you go to avoid lumps. Hot or cold as you wish.
Luckily the packs seem to mix much more easily than before, esecially the vanilla.It's my fave. I always ave a hot chocolate last thing before bed with a couple of sweeteners in.
Good luck with LL.

Weigh in for me tonight too!
Let's see what the scales say after a week's abstinence.
Fingers cross it's a minus lol

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Good luck hun. Hope you have a good meeting. xx

I'm starting tonight, new to LL and new to MiniMins so please bear with me. Running out now, but just wanted to say hi and looking forward to sharing "the journey" with you all. xxx

Hi Dale and welcome,
LL will be the best thing you ever do,such great results and support from all of us here on the forum and your group.
Good luck on your journey!

Sexy xx

Last edited:
First week thanks to you all

Hello everyone,

Today is my seventh day of doing LLtotal. I weigh in tommorrow and fingers crossed hope I've lost a bit more since my pop in.
Not sure how it's working but as I am now 10lb lighter than when I started last week, who am I to argue.
I've been lurking on the boards and have to say that all of your posts have kept me sane this last week!
I am hoping not to think about food all the time as the weeks go on, but this is definitely giving me the space to think about my relationship with food and the bad habits I had got into!

Claire :)

Hiya Dale, and welcome! :D

And hello Claire... Sounds like you're doing it all right so far, and have the right attitude to it all... so keep it up! We're all here for you... and going through the same journey, so looking forward to following yours! :)

xx

Back