Step 1 Sole Source January 2015

Well done Jo!! That's amazing! Bet u feel brilliant now!! Exciting! Let me know how ur meal goes!! All about the maintenance!! As soon as I get to under 9 stone I'm going to go to my consultant just once a month to get the products and keep on track but think weighing urself once a week is a good idea to not loose focus and let urself go! It's good to see how the odd meal out effects ur weight, if u gain anything, u can just bring it back with a few strict days! Woteva works!

Thanks Jo.
Well done on your loss too. I have time to do it.
So may spend another week, maybe 2 on step 2 before moving onto next step then will carefully reintroduce carbs.
I may do as you said and ignore the allowed list but stick to calories and keep carb portions small.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com

Well done Jo!! That's amazing! Bet u feel brilliant now!! Exciting! Let me know how ur meal goes!! All about the maintenance!! As soon as I get to under 9 stone I'm going to go to my consultant just once a month to get the products and keep on track but think weighing urself once a week is a good idea to not loose focus and let urself go! It's good to see how the odd meal out effects ur weight, if u gain anything, u can just bring it back with a few strict days! Woteva works!

Thanks lovely :)

Me too, I'm going to carry on having shakes for breakfast and do one fast day a week for now so going to see my consultant every 6 weeks for products.

Yeah I'm going to weigh every week and if I gain one week I'll rein myself in the following. Think the trick to it is partly dealing with small gains when they're still small (though hoping I don't gain at all!).

You staying on step 3 now? How far from 9 stone are you?

Been on SS+ this week, did my unofficial weigh-in this morning and have lost absolutely nothing :(

That can't be right surely. I have never stuck to it 100% and not lost nothing.
When's official weigh in? x

Yeah Jo I guess it's not letting them gains get u down, and just rein it in like u say! Iv got 3lbs to go til I'm at 9 so my consultant sort of said if I aim to keep myself between 8st 10 - 9 st then that's like a good weight for me so, that's the plan! Got a few big social things goin on this month, an engagement party, catching up with the girls, how about u?

Yeah Jo I guess it's not letting them gains get u down, and just rein it in like u say! Iv got 3lbs to go til I'm at 9 so my consultant sort of said if I aim to keep myself between 8st 10 - 9 st then that's like a good weight for me so, that's the plan! Got a few big social things goin on this month, an engagement party, catching up with the girls, how about u?

Sounds lovely! Doing a celebratory 'finishing plan' date night with my husband next week, then Mother's Day lunch Sunday and after that it's pretty clear until April when I have a few things.

So are you planning on doing the steps once you hit 9 stone or are you staying on step 3 indefinitely?

Been on SS+ this week, did my unofficial weigh-in this morning and have lost absolutely nothing :(

Sometimes that just happens unfortunately. Could be water retention, could be not drinking enough water, could be stress, more exercise than normal, hormones, etc!

I really wouldn't worry too much about it, I know several girls who had STS weeks a few times and their bodies caught up in the end.

Also, looking at the pattern of your losses, you seem to lose a lb one week followed by a big loss the next week, and as last week was your big loss, it may be a bit more food has just taken your body some adjustment and taken your lb loss down to nothing. Give it another week before you get concerned, I genuinely believe it'll sort itself out.

Thanks Jo & BikiniBody. Weigh in is tomorrow morning. TMI ALERT!! I had my first poo this week so hopefully that will help :rolleyes:

Thanks Jo & BikiniBody. Weigh in is tomorrow morning. TMI ALERT!! I had my first poo this week so hopefully that will help :rolleyes:

It really will! Its not the weight of the subject of the TMI alert that makes the difference, its the water retention that accompanies it! Hoping for a lb or two for you tomorrow :)

Feeling absolutely gutted! 1st week - 11 pounds loss 2nd week - 5 pounds loss. Today I have lost 1 pound. Feel really disheartened as I have stuck to plan 100% SS 3 shakes a day, 4/5 pints a water and even gym five times this week :( Particularly gutted as saw friends at the weekend eat dominoes and drink wine and sat through a family buffet yesterday as it was my nephews first birthday. xxx

Elizabeth your losses so far have been absolutely brilliant!!! I have heard that you can get big losses like that and it does get to the point where it does slow down. Don't beat urself up as a loss is still a loss, it's the right direction and it may just be your body adjusting to the gym and the exercise in general! Be really proud of your loss and don't let it get you down as your a lot healthier and nearer to goal than you were last week! :)

Feeling absolutely gutted! 1st week - 11 pounds loss 2nd week - 5 pounds loss. Today I have lost 1 pound. Feel really disheartened as I have stuck to plan 100% SS 3 shakes a day, 4/5 pints a water and even gym five times this week :( Particularly gutted as saw friends at the weekend eat dominoes and drink wine and sat through a family buffet yesterday as it was my nephews first birthday. xxx

Don't get too hung up on each week as your body is supposed to average out to about a stone a month and you've already achieved that. I've always found I lose about 20 lbs the first month (which includes the first weeks water loss) and 13/14 each 4weeks following. If you lose 3lbs next week you'll have lost 20lbs your first 4 weeks which I think is a pretty great loss!

Also, I'd bear in mind you really shouldn't be going to the gym on SS. You're not taking in nearly enough calories and it'll probably be counterproductive - your body will hold on to the small amount you are having and retain tons of water too. If you're desperate to go to the gym you need to be on step 2 really and if you're doing something vigorous 5 times a week probably step 3. I'd guess that was the main cause of the smaller loss, and it'll balance out next week.

I hope everyone's having a good week and all on track :) the weather is getting that little bit warmer and brighter so it won't be long before the summer people...bring It on!!!! :)

I'm still here! Very bloated having moved up to 1800 cals and more carbs but that's to be expected and I've found I'm always bloated the first half of a week on a new step. Just want to STS this week :) Also finding I'm retaining more water with the gym but it's not 'real' weight so I don't mind. Only 3 more days!!

How are you doing gorgeous?

Your doing so well! I bet you can't wait!! Your at goal now, well below it so STS is exactly what you want!! I'm hoping to loose 1-2lb this week after my totm STS last week! Fingers crossed!! Not sure what to do about the steps tbh, I'm on step 3 at the moment, think il stay on that til I get to my goal of 9st, then start to to up and if I lose the odd lb then great, I just don't want to go above 9! Although I'm happy to plod along I sort of just want to get to maintenance now so I don't have to think so much!!
How often do you get weighed now? Are u still using the products?

Your doing so well! I bet you can't wait!! Your at goal now, well below it so STS is exactly what you want!! I'm hoping to loose 1-2lb this week after my totm STS last week! Fingers crossed!! Not sure what to do about the steps tbh, I'm on step 3 at the moment, think il stay on that til I get to my goal of 9st, then start to to up and if I lose the odd lb then great, I just don't want to go above 9! Although I'm happy to plod along I sort of just want to get to maintenance now so I don't have to think so much!!
How often do you get weighed now? Are u still using the products?

Aww thanks lovely :) I'm happy staying at below a BMI of 25 now.

Well if step 3 works well for your life and you still get good losses it's worth sticking to rather than moving down. Once you're at 9stone if you move up slowly you should still get a bit of a loss each week. Def worth doing the steps to adjust though.

I weigh every day ha! But officially once a week. Only planning on seeing my consultant every 6 weeks now, as I'm going to use products for 1 fast day a week and for breakfast as I can't eat first thing without feeling sick.

Thats a really good idea, I have read that people using the products for just one meal a day makes such a difference staying on track in maintenance, I'm happy having a bar for breakfast and a shake for lunch so it's kinda the routine I'm in for the moment with a small balanced meal so yeah il just adjust as I go up the steps to maintenance.
Bet your excited for your first meal out!! Seeing as u have been perfectly on track unlike me with my plans!

Thats a really good idea, I have read that people using the products for just one meal a day makes such a difference staying on track in maintenance, I'm happy having a bar for breakfast and a shake for lunch so it's kinda the routine I'm in for the moment with a small balanced meal so yeah il just adjust as I go up the steps to maintenance.
Bet your excited for your first meal out!! Seeing as u have been perfectly on track unlike me with my plans!

Yeah I think it makes you more aware of what you're eating and reminds you of Cambridge. Also, if I don't have it and there's cakes in the office I'll be nailing them by 11am! I do actually really enjoy the shakes too.

Great you're in that routine, should mean you can gently add snacks and increase your dinner until you're naturally eating more. It's also good not to be going in and out of ketosis on step 3 as that plays havoc with your hormones and mood.

I really am so excited! Could've had treats this week as I'm allowing myself 1800 cals and enough carbs for small treats too but I wanted to really see it through. Saw my consultant tonight (last saw her 2.5weeks ago) and she said I look like I've lost a lot more than the 5lbs I've lost in that time so maybe the gym is having more impact on my body than I thought? Also, I guess the less fat you have the more obvious the loss is. Feels so odd that this time in 3 days I'll be having a meal out and maybe even some cheeky pic n mix in the cinema ha! I really really hope I don't have a massive water gain as I think that'll panic me.

Yeah ur right with the products having cambridge in the back of your head. That's what I'm hoping just gradually up it without having any gains, basically do as well as u have!!
That's so nice to get the compliments from ur consultant, have other people been noticing like work colleagues etc? That's it in maintenance u can start getting ur life back to normal!! Ahhh bet ur buzzing for the cinema!! I think u have the right mentality now that a treat will be a treat and url continue on the right track and be keeping an eye on the weight. I'm excited for u!! :)
I hope everyone else is doing just as well!!!

Back