Step 1 Sole Source January 2015

Ita cold on this diet aha we all bed hop each night between the fella and daughter endes up on sofa last night lol. I need to knit take my mind off it all i have no coordination tho i wouldn't know were to start!

Morning everyone! Welcome Mishie, I did this plan last summer for my wedding and got to my goal (fell off for Xmas) so u can defo do it!! It really works! :)
Dawnvalentine totally agree I don't know what I am suffering worse with, the lack of food or the boredom! And being In the city must be so hard! I work in Brentwood but all my friends work up London and it's just so buzzing with after work drinking etc! I wouldn't so early on but once fully in the swing of things I feel I could go out and trust myself not to cheat, maybe after the first few weigh ins :) to keep the determination up! Xx
and agree with everyone else I normally sleep fine but it's take me ages to get to sleep, then I get woke up by my fella going to work at 4am and struggle again :( back to work normal tomorrow, not looking forward to it!

Omg it does me ive been up all night i coyld not drop off to sleep i ended up on the sofa all night :/ i wonder why it makes us restless?!
When you are in ketosis you have more energy because you are burning fat. I understand it to be about better quality calories whereas carbs are more empty calories, burnt off quickly then leaving you craving more.

image.jpgimage.jpg
My before photos taken just now by my daughter. Weigh-in tomorrow to begin getting rid of this frump!

Allneedles well done for taking the plunge! Pics are a great way of judging the losses and doesn't look like you have too much to loose!! But it's all about being happy with yourself regardless what anyone says or thinks, go you! Does your hubby know your doing it or will your weight loss be a complete surprise to him?

Allneedles well done for taking the plunge! Pics are a great way of judging the losses and doesn't look like you have too much to loose!! But it's all about being happy with yourself regardless what anyone says or thinks, go you! Does your hubby know your doing it or will your weight loss be a complete surprise to him?
He knows I am losing weight for our holiday at the end of March but I haven't told him I am doing the Cambridge. I am hoping to get below 60kg so I think that amount off will be a surprise to him :)

Well done on the pictures. You've given me that push to have my daughter take some of me too x
I thought it would really keep me motivated Claire. When I want to eat and am feeling weak I will look at those pictures. I have only been eating protein and have lost a kilo over the past few days :)

Ita cold on this diet aha we all bed hop each night between the fella and daughter endes up on sofa last night lol. I need to knit take my mind off it all i have no coordination tho i wouldn't know were to start!
Knitting is FAB for keeping yours hands and mind occupied. And it's strangely addictive! Just one more row, just one more row! Keeps you out the kitchen and not too strenuous when feeling tired or low on energy.

There are loads of really good tutorials on You Tube to get you started and can pick up needles and wool cheap on eBay, Amazon or even in charity shops. Give it a go!!! :)

Wow that's fab. Think I'll stick the pictures to the fridge lol. Are you on 3/4 packs a day and protein as well? x
I go for my first weigh-in tomorrow and will start the products then. I have been just eating protein in preparation so I don't pig out before I start.

Yeah that's the mistake I made, doing that is a lot better to prepare your body rather than pigging out! Currently cleaning the house dancing to fuse odg to keep me from second product too early lol :)

Ah yes, I did see that earlier. You'll be straight into ketosis then :) x
I hope so! Takes about 3 days to carb deplete your body. I cut down Thurs and Fri then none at all yesterday and today. Have also been getting my water up :)

Claire, I just noticed you are in Fareham. I grew up on Hayling Island and my whole family still live there :)

Lol defo agree wide awake lol x

Glad we're all still on track!

Erm if I'm totally honest skellybob I find the first week tough. The horrible horrible symptoms have gone by day 5 ish but I get the occasional wave of hunger or dizziness for a few more days after that. Those days are still much easier in comparison though.

I also find the end of week 2 the hardest psychologically, no hunger or physical issues then, but get massive impulses to eat. That may just be me though.

After the week 2 weigh in I don't feel I ever have any issues that don't pass in a couple of minutes so that's what I'm working towards as a totally safe zone.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com

Hello ladies!

I'm a rejoiner - starting SS+ tomorrow.

In January 2011 I did SS 100% for 127days and lost 61lbs.

When my head is in the right place, I know I can do this. I feel I'm in the right place now - and need this weight gone (again).

I maintained fairly well the first 6months but never got down to my (unrealistic) goal weight and eventually I was back at my starting weight.

Life is very different now. I have a little girl and managed to get through the pregnancy/newborn stage with no gain. But now I've got 6months til I go back to work and am desperate to be 11st (my previous low) by then. 80lbs in 6 months is my target.

I've got 74days til a weekend away, 110days til a wedding and 123days til I go on holiday.

With these three planned exceptions - I will stay on plan throughout.

I've started a new profile as I feel I need a new start. I read my old diary and its depressing I'm back here again. So fresh start, fresh attitude, no excuses!

I love weighing daily (I know, I know - it's some people's downfall, but it keeps me focussed), love counting things (numbers of days on plan, number of days til next weigh in, number of pounds to go etc etc) and love lists!

I found this forum a lifesaver previously and I couldn't be without it - so here's hoping we can support each other through a successful first month!

I'll catch up on this thread now - so I can familiarise myself with everyone's story!

Jo1989 I'm with you on that, I think overall end goal as well as the weight loss my attitude needs to change as before if I'm honest I was thinking, I can't wait til I get to my goal weight so I can have a burger lol soooo ridiculous I know! This time it needs to be like, I don't want that horrible food to undo all my good work, in maintenance my consultant says a treat would be like, share a desert at a restaurant rather than a whole one to yourself, little changes like that will make a world of difference, actually appreciating the treats rather than it being a binge on one night.

welcome thisisreallyit! It's good you have done it before as you know it really works! And very well done with no gain through your pregnancy and after etc. sounds like you have loads of nice goals to keep you on track!! Good luck for starting tomorrow :)

Back