Step 1 Sole Source January 2015

Those quotes are all going in my Cambridge booklet ready for those moments of weakness, thank you ginabeany xx

Good luck and well done to everyone who has already lost weight with Cambridge (or any other diet)

skinny dust to all xxx

How is everyone doing today?

I am feeling a little annoyed to be honest. I have a group of friends and we all meet every Wednesday in a cafe and also chat in a group on Facebook messenger. We were meant to be going for a late Christmas dinner this month, but with doing this diet I won't be able to go anymore.

So last night I told them via messenger that I am starting the Cambridge. They are usually a supportive bunch but their reaction has been awful. I really wish I had stuck to my guns of not telling anyone. I don't understand the prejudice against this diet :(

Awww malibusally you should start as soon as you can :) the really really tough times are when feeling ill orrrrr totm :( but try and push through if you can!! We can all help you and each other!! some motivational quotes I found :) A huge part of loosing weight is believing you can do it and realising its not going to happen over night ( we didn't put the weight on overnight!!) What you eat in private is eventually what you wear in public Wake up with determination, go to bed with satisfaction to know you made it another day :) This months diet is next months body It takes 4 weeks for you to see your body changing, 8 weeks for your friends and family to see and 12 weeks for the rest of the world!! Nothing tastes as good as slim feels :) get up every morning and tell yourself, I can really do this!!! Xxx

Love every one of these!

No probs Malibusally! Stay strong :)

allneedles es that's such a shame!! How come they were so unsupportive? Is it the diet itself? I must admit I never told any of my friends as I know they would be like, oh go on just have one wine or one choc and not really understand, so I just said I was on a complete health kick and was rather vague! Only people that knew was my fella, mum and dad and bruv. My mum wasn't overally supportive at first although she said I needed to lose the weight, but when she sW the results she helped me keep at it.

When you go up the steps you will be able to go out for dinner and make sensible choices, no alcohol and a healthy meal and enjoy a great night with friends. Prove them wrong, get some great results and they should be able to see how much you want this!!
Are any of them on diet plans or want to lose the weight? Xx

I haven't felt like anything yet, I caught this bug off my mum and she has lost weight as she has no appetite, it is making me feel sick so it might give me a head start lol

Allneedles, don't let them upset you hun, this is when you find out who your true friends are, they will come around, and if they don't then they are probably just jealous that you are doing something positive about your difficulties. Maybe you could ask them if they fancy a pamper night in, or a trip to a spa instead so you still get a treat together x

Awww no, maybe best to start properly when you feeling up to it but if u do feel like eating, make a good choice and like you say have a head start lol.
Agreed I was going to say slight jealousy maybe, it's new year and new start, you don't want to chuck it away so soon, and good idea malibusally think of other ways of catching up without it involving food :) xx

Ginabeany it's not being on a diet, they are supportive of that, it's this particular diet. Started going on about how bad it is for your metabolism and I will just put it all back on as its a fad diet.

I am not even going to reply. It's my birthday on Wednesday and the next time I am due to see them. Not even sure if I will go, will see how well I feel after starting Monday.

Thanks Malibusally. They are all a bit older than me so prob set in their ways. I am 39 next week and they are all in at least their 50s.

I am a freelance knitwear designer and met them through knitting although none of us are us frumpy as that makes us sound!! :)

Sorry allneedles, I didn't mean to sound abrupt before, I am sure you know your friends yourself. I just found that last time I lost weight (I was poorly when I was pregnant and lost almost 5 stone) some people told me I was too skinny and gave me a hard time, it wasn't intentional, I was in hospital and was just concerned about my unborn child, who was born perfect fortunately. It just struck me that those people who were offensive were the ones who were unhappy with their own weight and didn't stop to think that I was unable to stop being so sick, it was dreadful, I wouldn't wish weight loss like that on my worst enemy. Friends just don't realise how insensitive they are sometimes. You have to try all different diets to find the right one for you, they will come around x

oooh my mum is teaching me how to knit and sew, how long have you been doing it?

People don't really understand it and I think some people think it will ruin there plans if you can't eat and drink which you would be able to do on a normal diet.

well I've just tortured myself making the kids lunch so I'm going to have my soup xx

Malibusally your weren't abrupt! So sorry about your illness during pregnancy. It's not fun is it? I only put on 1/2 stone in my whole first pregnancy when I had my son. Considering he was 7lb9 plus all the fluid etc, it's no wonder people didn't notice my bump until nearly 30 weeks!

yay!!! I have a picture :)

My nan taught me to knit when I was about 8. I gave up for years when I was in my late teens because it wasn't cool. Really regret that now.

i am a Primary Teacher which I still do 2 afternoons a week but since October I have also been publishing my own patterns for sale. Got one going in an American mag which will be on sale from August. My Ravelry name is Esadler if you fancy a gander at my projects :)

woohoo great pic allneedles. My mum was exactly the same when she was pregnant, it affects us in peculiar ways and I am told each pregnancy is completely different! I lost more weight when I was breast feeding too, it was all a bit crazy, I soon managed to gain it all again lol! I was going to ask about your patterns but I worried that my posts might get stopped again for being involved in advertising or something lol xx

Ginabeany, I will try to re-post the things I was trying to say before xx

I wonder how skellybob is getting on with her second day :)

Great pic allneedles! I think you can put on my weight as fad diets do when you stop like I did last time but if you go up the steps and really follow the maintenance, that's you sorted for life with keeping the weight off :) hopefully they all come round and you have a brilliant bday!
malibusally so glad it worked out for you with ur pregnancy xx
omg 1/2 a stone in your pregnancy allneedles!!! I hope that's me when I have a baby :) and your work sounds very cool!
Well done Lindsay!! Enjoy ur soup!!

Ginabeany, it was about you saying you might take your packs away on your holiday. I read somewhere that airlines can confiscate food when you take it into another country, not sure how true that is but it would be such a waste of money if that happened so I thought I would mention it. Maybe your consultant will know, and I was just asking you to let us know the outcome really xx

Stay strong Lindsay and berry1 xx

Hi again! Ya'll are so much skinnier and so much closer to goal! I can't even remember being that weight anymore! Ah the days when walking was easy maybe even pleasant, no aches, no out of breath.... Uh well onwards and downwards!

I've just found a Facebook SnS group and boy does that up accountability - faces and real names...

So this is it. Had my first shake and my first two liters of water.

A couple of comments on the last pages: decide if you will have the soups or not from the beginning as they contain salt and your initial loses will be smaller but long term you'll come out better. I'm too impatient so it's sweet shakes all the way for me.

Shelly - well done on the blender. The way l did it was crush the ice first then add very little water (two-three spoons) then the shake pack then mix it again to get it really thick.

Thanks very much malibusally, I would be quite gutted if it all got taken off me! Plus I don't want the inconvenience of them messing about with my luggage! I'm flying to Singapore so il check with my consultant and see what I can find out if I can either take the packs or ready made shakes, or just survive the trip on sheer willpower lol can't see that happening!

I was also having a giggle when you said you took your cousin to a s****y bar in London for a birthday treat lol I thought you must not like your cousin very much at first, then I realised you meant "s****y" bar and not a "sh1tty" bar whoops-a-daisies !!!

Hi MissAma!! Well done on first shake and water :) loosing a stone or so isn't as hard as the last few pounds, it's always the last part that's a pain!!! We will get there though!!

Back