Step 1 Sole Source January 2015

Morning guys hope u all hav a strong day x

Iv woke up with a headache annoyingly :( ok it's near the end of the week so not too much longer of work to get through! Well done everyone, we are all doing good and on track so let's keep it up! Summer bodies are created in the winter!!!! :)

Morning! Feel slightly less tired this morning than I did yesterday morning but still a bit fed up as I kept waking in the night again needing a wee! Stopped drinking at 930, last shake at 10 and didn't get in bed til 1130 but obviously I'm drinking so much throughout the day (6litres plus shake water) its just not clearing. Might have to cut down my water as I'm desperate to start sleeping through again.

Feeling ok otherwise I think. Day 11 now! 2 days to complete then weigh in :) Good luck today ladies!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com

Well done to the water drinking that's such a good amount!! Although yeah the weeing all the time is the downside! I am constantly drinking water but I don't think I get anywhere near that amount! 2 more working days left!!! Have a great day everyone!!!

I drink 3-4 litres even when I'm not on plan so I find it relatively easy. Think its so much cause I don't drink hot drinks, don't like milk and pretty much only drink diet coke besides water and restrict that to a small bottle a day as it makes me bloat!

I love water :) And don't even mind the weeing during the day/evening, its just the bloody nights!!

That's really good!! See I like tea and coffee and have that at home or with my mum but never at work, when I see how many cuppas people get through In the office when I first started working it put me off! I do a 2 litre bottle of water every day and struggle to manage much more than that but, I keep trying!!! Hopefully no bad tempting food around today!

Crazy isnt it! At least I get out of the tea rounds ha. How's your day going gorgeous?

Haha good point yes! I started this job at 16 and I saw how many times people made tea and coffee and I thought, no I just can't do that!! So stick with the bottled water!! Going ok, no temptations around really luckily! How you feeling hun? X

Not too bad, not tempted really, more bored of it than anything else. Every day feels so samey without food. Still, I did the crime, so I got to do the time!

Got 23 days til I step up to Step 2 (have to do that because ill be starting the gym) and two weeks planned on Step 2 which is so similar to SS I don't struggle with it. Bit concerned about the higher steps though and how ill keep motivated to complete them. Willpower I suppose! Any tips??

Got tons and tons of holiday to take this year (bought extra and carried some over) so I'm going to book off the Mondays for each week I'm moving up the steps. As my week starts on a Saturday that'll be more likely to give me 3 clear days on plan away from the temptations of the office and being out and about and should motivate me to do the rest of the week on plan too. Here's hoping!

That's a good idea!! See I'm on step 2 now, I dont want to bang on about what iv eaten as it's not fair for people on sole source! But I duno I still feel ok to stay on track coz I think, wow ss is no food so even having a tiny plate of food makes such a difference! I dont think I really have any great tips about staying on track really :( other than when u see the weight drop off, fit into all these lovely clothes and dresses and start to get all the nice compliments, that is enough to wana keep going!! When someone called me 'teeny tiny' in my office I thought, u must be kidding in me, I think I was so in the 'I'm fat' mindset, although I knew I had lost weight, I never thought it was that major or that noticeable! But yeah just think of all that!! Then the hard bit is the maintenance and not thinking we are untouchable when we get to goal! But I'm sure all our mindsets would have changed by then! My aim is to loose 8 lbs so get down to 9 stone by the end of the month on step 2, so I will let you know if I succeed!

Yeah step 2 feels ok for me too. I think its cause generally I stay in ketosis so convince myself I can't possibly be hungry. I've never managed a day on step 3 unfortunately! I'm planning a week on 3,4 and 5 but if I gain weight any of those weeks I'll stay on the step til my weight stabilises.

Do you have any plans for then? You'll be there pretty soon!

Ahh I know what you mean, as the more food you introduce it can be tempting to fall off the wagon, it will be different u will do it this time! U don't have too far to go!! I don't have an aim as such but I just want to have a slim year and rest of my life without battling and obsessing about weight like iv done every year since forever, so no date in particular but it's just 2nd Feb I go on hols for 2 weeks with the fam for my mums bday! I told my consultant last night I want to stay on track if I can! As it's so early on in the year and I don't wana completely ruin it! So I'm going to take shakes with me to hopefully have for breakfast and lunch and have a normal ish dinner. She told me to follow maybe steps 4 & 5 on hols and see how I go as any other step would be impossible. I'm determined to make this the first hols to not put on much weight if not any! So this will be my first life test! :) she said she has done florida before and not put any weight on by taking some products and being on a higher step! Sounds crazy but it must be possible!!

Hi everyone, day 4 and having a bad day!
I literally staggered out of bed this morning and somehow made the kids breakfast then went back to bed. Thank goodness they are older so get themselves off to school. Laid on the sofa drifting in and out of sleep all day. Have a headache, feel sick and dizzy. At one point I would have been sick if I had eaten anything. Felt fractionally better after I forced my porridge down but not enough. So I had some tuna. Still feel weak but no where near as sick and dizzy.

was meant to spend the day knitting this sample cardigan which has to be finished and sent back on Tuesday. getting seriously concerned I won't make the deadline, especially as I am teaching tomorrow afternoon :(

Awww allneedles that's not good! I promise you it does get better though, day 4 is always my worst day.

Still, if you need more protein to feel stronger and get your work done you should have it. That won't hinder your progress much at all and means you won't have to go through the awful first few days again. This plan still has to fit into your life and if you need a higher step for a whole then do it - you're still on track.

Oh, and if you're not already, keep downing the water!

I am pretty good with the water, I have 2 bottles 750ml so I always have one in the fridge and one next to me. When I get to the end of a row I have a little drink of water. So far I have managed 3 bottles a day plus at least 3 teas a day. I was surprised when I measured my cup that it holds 400ml! No wonder I call it a bucket of tea!!!!

Good afternoon beautiful ladies x

I'm on day 4 of the CD! I'm rocking on 3 products a day and half a banana on my swimming days.
I did this for 2weeks before Christmas and had 2 products and a clean meal, I cut carbs sugar and all the crap and did well and lost 8lb in my first week and 5lb in my second week, then stopped and had a fab christmas and put 4lb on in 2 weeks which I was absolutely fine about!

I'm fine during the day, it's the family evening meal time I'm struggling with massively! I have to make tea and then walk away and close the door as I can't smell or look at it! My hubby helps me cook if I struggle but I have to get on with it don't i!

I look and feel different already, my hubby noticed first thing this morning, my weigh in isn't until the 16th but after these two weeks I'll be adding a clean meal in as my evening meal and 2 products during the day!

I'm so looking forward to a prawn salad, some veg some chicken, just food!!!!

I've googled everything possible for clean recipes ready for me, my first treat on day 15 is fresh chilli and garlic hot prawns server on a crisp salad and cold smoked salmon.......I can't wait!

I'm pleased ive found this page as no one knows I'm doing this other than my hubby! So thank you all in advance xx I've loved catching up with you all in your previous posts up to today.

Well done each one of you on your journey so far xxx

Poppy xx

Hi Poppy
you are the same stage as me. I have been great on 3 products a day until today. I was so ill I had to have some protein. Felt much better after the tuna.

good to see you are doing so well, although I must admit to being a little surprised you are eating banana! They are REALLY high in carbs. Have you tried a little chicken or eggs instead like it says in the book?

first night of no headaches for me! :)

Hi Poppy and allneedles, I'm also on day 4. I've managed 3 litres of water each day, although when I need to pee, I have to sprint to get to the loo in time! I'm just trying a mug of the savoury broth. Its just about palatable, but I suppose it's nice just to have something different. Had an awful headache last night, but have been OK today. I'm doing S2. Good to meet two more day four-ers! x

Back