Step 1 Sole Source January 2015

Hi all, have been catching up on all the posts .. Makes for really inspiring reading on my route home, thanks!

Joy - really sorry the CWP isn't for you, but v glad you're prioritising your health. Hope the 5:2 or another plan suits you better.

It's been really helpful reading your successes and struggles, everyone. The posts have made me think about my goals - why I'm doing this - and how I can deal with social occasions that are coming up.

My goal? That's relatively easy. I'm doing this so I can get pregnant safely and - all being well - have a baby before I'm 40. I've just turned 37, so am definitely on a clock ... But as my other half is back as a student, bless him, we can't start trying for another 6 months or so else we'll have no money. That means I'm happy with being on this for up to a year, but If I'm honest I'd love to be close to a healthy weight in about 7 months.

Have been overweight since my teens, I'm also curious about what it'd be like to wear regular clothes rather than having to go to plus size shops.

Social Occasions: I'm a beer drinker, and love to hang out in the pub with friends. I love going out for meals too. This diet has really tested my resolve already, and highlighted how much my life revolves around food and drink. I was really worried about how I'd deal with this, thinking I'd be the grumpy sod in the corner - but have been to the pub quite a few times and have been fine with soda water. It helps that I've made a thing about having a dry six months for charity, so it gives me a context for it other than saying I'm on a diet. Raising money is definitely making it easier to say no.

I'm lucky that as I'm on step 2 I can eat some food, but I have only eaten out one day so far - a conference meal. I was freaked out about it, but got through ok. Just scraped the sauce off the chicken, ignored the potatoes and found some broccoli to eat. I was really hyper aware, tho, as there were potential temptations everywhere and it would have been easy to stray. At the weekend I have my sister's birthday and we're going for a pub lunch. Am pretty anxious about that as it'll really put a spotlight on my change of eating (my family are all big eaters) so will prep my hubbie to be super supportive. Then next week I've got to get through my works leaving party. Am hoping I can maintain my sober non-foody streak whilst still having fun.

One thing for this diet, it really is helping me see all the habits I've got into over the years in a way that WW and SW never did.

Good luck to all who are weighing in tomorrow. I'm seeing my consultant on Saturday this morning instead, so have to wait an extra day. A bit worried I haven't lost anything (even tho I've been on track all week). I guess I think I've been too lucky so far.

Hi all, problems with my broadband driving me crackers! But does mean I have plenty to catch up on and read when finally the fault was fixed. Well done everybody on their losses! Joy, sorry to hear you were poorly, but hope you keep in touch and let us know how you get on choosing something new to do.
Feeling mostly ok this week, still motivated. I was worried about this weekend as had intended to visit friends and was beginning to get the jitters about handling food/drink pressures from well meaning friends. However, my husband is too worried about lambing (he's a farmer!) to go, and they can't make it to us, so feel like have dodged a bullet there! Just have to avoid birthday cake... So am feeling a bit like the rest of you in that my social life is pretty much non-existent, but at the same time feeling it's necessary in order to keep focused!

Hi Brightside! I think its great you're thinking about your goals. I don't think you'll have any problem achieving the weight loss you hope for in 7 months. Before long you'll be enjoying trying on smaller and smaller sizes!

Social occasions are definitely hard, but 6/7 months out of your life is relatively insignificant in comparison to the benefits you'll get from it. Its definitely a great one for highlighting our habits and weaknesses so you can consider those when planning your maintenance. Congrats on not drinking when you've been out - big progress!

Try not to worry too much about the family meal - your family love you and when they see how great this plan is for you they'll support you :) Same for your colleagues - you don't need alcohol to be likeable.

Hope your weigh in goes well on Saturday, keep us updated! You've not been too lucky, its just that you're sticking to plan and getting the reward for doing so.

Hi Brightside
I hope it all goes well. Stick to it . All be good in the end x

Jo1989- that's the only annoying thing like I have one more weigh in to go and have a few social plans coz I haven't seen people for ages but am trying to be as good as I can, tonight my friend wants me to see her new house, so il say il have dinner before I go, and drive and go in for a cuppa. Tomorrow night I have a meal with the family at a pub so il drive and have the best choice possible, some sort of meat and veg or salad. Then Sunday seeing a couple we haven't seen for ages so they have booked a pub lunch then back to there's, in which I will drive, eat the best I can and they have a gym and pool on site they have invited us to so may be able to squeeze in a swim! So annoyin timing as it is, it's a good test so il let you know how I get on!
brightside, such nice reasons for you doing this and while ur doing it with the raising money! Wish u all the luck!!!

Gina, I know what you mean about the social occasions but even if you stay the same you're in a better position than you would've been eating normally. I wouldn't worry about it - just enjoy your holiday and any social stuff before, because you've got plenty of time to lose weight when you get back!

I'm a little worried I won't lose quite as much as I thought stepping up as I plan to, but as long as I reach my goal of 170lbs (which is a BMI of 24) while completing the steps, I guess there's no reason why I can't do 5:2 for a while after to lose a bit more.

I would stay on the plan for longer but I can feel my 'lunch' colleague already getting irritated by it. I know I shouldn't care what she thinks but she's suggested lunch at a few points in feb and haven't got round to telling her quite yet feb will still be a no go!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com

Hi everyone, I'm at work and have just started feeling dizzy and faint and not quite 'in the room'. I'm also starting to feel a little bit sick. Has anyone else had this? I know it isn't water because I've already had a litre and 1 shake and it is only 9:45. Any ideas? :badmood:

Jo- yeah do whatever you feel is best for you, it's hard coz part of me does believe like it's only a few months out of your life, but then the other part of me is like, you still need to live your life and enjoy yourself and not feel like your missing out, not on the food side but on the social side. Don't want to look back and think, oh iv had a boring 2015, at the same time, the rest of your life will be 10 times happier being slim and healthier!! There is so much to consider and think about!!
its a shame about your work mate, I have a friend that's sorta similar but it's like u don't have to have a drink up or a big lunch to have a good time! Could you go out and just be good? No alcohol and a sensible meal in Feb? You may feel u have more control by then? Xxx

Hi everyone, I'm at work and have just started feeling dizzy and faint and not quite 'in the room'. I'm also starting to feel a little bit sick. Has anyone else had this? I know it isn't water because I've already had a litre and 1 shake and it is only 9:45. Any ideas? :badmood:

Yeah I have that every so often. It might not be diet related, it could be a bug. Take some ibuprofen and keep on with the water? How you feeling now?

Jo- yeah do whatever you feel is best for you, it's hard coz part of me does believe like it's only a few months out of your life, but then the other part of me is like, you still need to live your life and enjoy yourself and not feel like your missing out, not on the food side but on the social side. Don't want to look back and think, oh iv had a boring 2015, at the same time, the rest of your life will be 10 times happier being slim and healthier!! There is so much to consider and think about!!
its a shame about your work mate, I have a friend that's sorta similar but it's like u don't have to have a drink up or a big lunch to have a good time! Could you go out and just be good? No alcohol and a sensible meal in Feb? You may feel u have more control by then? Xxx

Yeah it's a really difficult balance, because social stuff definitely delays it and I find I get demotivated if I've been on plan for 6 days, had an event, and that cancels out any loss, even though I know rationally it'll only be water.

The place we tend to go is too tempting to be sensible! And I'm inclined to think if she can't be supportive that's tough, its only temporary! I don't think its worth breaking my focus for a lunch here and there that I don't even want. I really feel I need to see through the steps with no breaks this time. I guess I'll see what happens!

How you doing today?

Yeah that's so true, exactly you know your own body and how you feel and how it handles all food as situations! And you know your level of temptation! Yeah that's the thing people just need to be supportive when it comes to that sort of thing and respect your plan. Just coz u don't wana to eat or drink out doesn't mean your boring or can't have a good time. Fast forward a few months, it will all be forgotten about, you will look and feel great, be on maintenance and not have to worry! And will be in the best mind set to make the best decision!
I'm ok! Just got to stay strong for the next week or so before my hols. Guy next to me bought in doughnuts and has been tempting me today, was hard to say no! But they have been next to me all day and iv been strong so, a small victory!

Yes what day u on? I was like tgis first starting felt as though i could of passed out and people were taking to me but it was odd just make sure your blood pressures ok n blood sugars if youve been om it a while sometimes maybe something underlying bit probably just the diet rest up.hope u get better

Omggg had an awful day had a pt stop breathing at work had to grab the resusa trolley was so awful luckily think he will be ok but ahook me up makes me wanna pig out so bad :/ stresss grrr

Aww Danni that must be so scary! Glad he will be ok!! Nooo uv almost survived the first month and done brilliant!! No slipping now!! Reward yourself with a nice bar :) how u doing in general, what was ur loss this week? How u feeling about it all? X

Hi
Fab results everyone!
I was just wondering if anyone has any advise, I am currently on SS although in two weeks time it's my birthday and I'm planing on going out for a drink and potentially going out for a meal beforehand, I heard you can't drink alcohol on this stage and if you do eat 'normal' food it can make you feel really ill...does anyone have any advise on what step I should do etc?

Thank you in advance

Hey i started my period so lost 2lb but feeling ok its not bothering me at all all cravings have gone od b happy at 2lb each week tbh itll be enough loss for my wedding so ye im ok r u?? Xx

Gina- huge success resisting the temptation! I just 'love' hearing 'one thing can't hurt!' Errrrr yes it can!!

Danni- sounds like an awful day but well done for being strong! You still feeling horribly bloated?

Of course yeah 2lbs is brilliant! I'm looking forward to going up the steps and introducing more food, not so much for the hunger but to mix it up abit!!! X

That is literally what happened!!!! He went oh go on one won't hurt!!! Er...yes it will!!!

Back