Step 1 Sole Source January 2015

Lol! Ok a verbal kick the arse is what it'll be then if you mention skipping steps!
Nothing specific planned...hoping my husband will take the small man up to the farm for a bit do I can get some boring jobs done! Dog walking about as exciting as it gets!

Sounds good to me!!

I have to say, my life is so dull at the moment, but I'm getting a lot of odd jobs done ha!

Are you struggling with the impact on your social life?

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com

it's not too bad. I dodged a dinner with friends on the first weekend I was doing it, but tbh part of it was also because I felt so fat and hideous I had nothing I wanted to wear and wasn't prepared to buy anything new! Have met them for coffee since a few times and that's no problem. Was worried about husbands birthday this weekend but cancelled plans with friends because of lambing and I don't think CWP has impacted too badly on husband and son as am trying to keep everything as normal as possible for them.

how do you find it?

Probably a blessing in disguise having to cancel then? :)

Ummm I don't really drink so haven't struggled with not having nights out as I don't really do that anyway but me and my husband really like to go out for dinner and do food / cinema on the weekends so its been hard missing that out. He's sort of used to the diet now though! I think he'd prefer that than me be miserable and feeling fat.

Also difficult I can't eat lunch as I go out with my colleague every day and though we normally go the pub and then just have a sandwich or something back in the office we do tend to go for a proper lunch once a week and I think she's frustrated not doing that. Still, at the moment, sticking to plan is more important and it isn't forever!

Hopefully your colleague understands that. I love cinema too...weird going and not having a bucket of popcorn! My husband has a shocking sweet tooth so I got him stacks of chocolate to go in his pressies, but funnily enough I wasn't tempted by that...but we brought him up breakfast in bed and him and my son were tucking into sausage bacon eggs and black pudding and toast...I was tempted then!

Yeah I totally associate the cinema with junk food! Its the only time I'd ever eat so much in public! Though I guess its dark ha.

Eeeeekkkkk that's a challenge! Its hard avoiding food isn't it. Easy to not buy for yourself but hard when your partner is having it. I don't want mine to feel deprived but it is hard sometimes watching him eat!

Yep! Hard to watch. Hard to cook something lovely too and then not eat any! I have been cooking massive stews and casseroles to last two days so I get a night off cooking!
Now am off to bed, if I don't go soon will end up hungry and hate going to bed hungry!! Catch up again tomorrow! Night night x

Evening! Back from the family meal, had the chicken and salad, had to watch people get chocolate brownie, sticky toffee pudding, cookies and icecream, while I sipped my ice water :( but like you say Jo, all that will still be there when I hit my goal, and even by then I probably won't want that naughty evil stuff anyway- positive thinking!!

Evening! Back from the family meal, had the chicken and salad, had to watch people get chocolate brownie, sticky toffee pudding, cookies and icecream, while I sipped my ice water :( but like you say Jo, all that will still be there when I hit my goal, and even by then I probably won't want that naughty evil stuff anyway- positive thinking!!

Yes yes! Good girl :) Its only food, its food you don't need, and I guarantee you feel so so much better right now than you would've done if you'd eaten a load of rubbish.

Looking gorgeous is much more amazing!

I know!! It's one of the rare times I actually feel pretty good rather than feeling gutted and like iv missed out! Thanks hun! Bring on a slim summer!!

I know!! It's one of the rare times I actually feel pretty good rather than feeling gutted and like iv missed out! Thanks hun! Bring on a slim summer!!

Absolutely!! Hopefully me and you will be hitting goal and working the steps at similar times and we'll be supporting each other with maintenance! I'm def going to stay on here to keep me going.

100% for sure, I think so to we are pretty much on the same track with our goals! Definitely I'm gona stay on here, love hearing peoples stories and reading advise and motivating people! It really does help!!

I'm gonna go another 2 weeks SS I think or at least another week. Then will try adding small meal x

If you can bear it, I think its worth staying on SS until you do the steps or have a BMI of 25, just cause it removes all scope for overeating bt accident and shouldn't set off cravings.

Having said that, some ladies seem to swear by Step 2 and say that's what stops them cheating!

Prob worth thinking about which is most likely to keep you sticking to plan :)

You r all so.good resisting temptation welll done im havimg shakes 2 day yay lol x

Well I'm gonna go as long as I can. Don't think I will make it all the way to BMI of 25 I'm at 29 so far. I need another 2 stone to get to 25 :-(

Try not to think of the plan in terms of how much more weight you have to go.

Just aim for a day on plan each day. You know you can definitely do that! And before you know it you'll be a stone down. Then two stone!

The way I see it is, a week goes so quickly normally and I'd rather get to the end of a week having stayed on plan and lost some weight than be wishing I'd been on plan and feeling I'd wasted the week.

The weeks will pass regardless, your choice what you do with them :)

Hi everyone. I ended up going home early from work the other day because I felt so horrible, I'm wondering if my body is not enjoying this diet? I'm pretty determined stay on SS+ until I have lost 3 or 4 stone though, even though my losses have been a bit piddly recently. I'm at my mums house at the moment, I had to watch them eat rost lamb with roasties and veg (one of the best things in the world) and this morning they had a cooked breakfast that looked like the tastiest thing in the world. I sat there sipping my choc Orange shake and feeling pretty hard done by.

My mum filmed me and my niece singing along to Frozen yesterday, and I just watched the vid...double chin! So that is helping me ignore all the food. Keep thinking of those skinny jeans!

How is everyone's weekend? X

Jo I like your attitude of 'the weeks will pass anyway', it would be terrible to look back in June and think "imagine where I could have been now"

Back