Step 1 Sole Source January 2015

Jo I like your attitude of 'the weeks will pass anyway', it would be terrible to look back in June and think "imagine where I could have been now"

Exactly!! The food will still be there in June and you'll be slim and healthy and enjoying it. I don't believe its possible to genuinely enjoy food when by doing so you're breaking a diet you're desperate to crack. I've had brief moments of pleasure from it in the past but then the guilt smacks me right in the face and I feel horrendous.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com

Yes when your eating it's guilt food and it never makes you feel good after as your always thinking if I had stayed on track I could have been this weight by now!!
Best way is to just forget it and food will be there when your at goal x

Eurgh sitting in BK watching my husband nail two meals!! I can happily resist McDonalds but have to admit BK is a favourite of mine so I'll be relieved when he's done.

Not even going to pinch a chip because that's totally pointless!

Now I'm not eating here I've noticed how dirty it is!!! Chips on the floor, sticky tables, kids smearing grubby hands over the seats. It also smells a bit questionable!

Haha I love BK especially those little BBQ rodeo burgers yummy!! x

How we all doing this evening ladies? I'm bored and fed up. I have an assignment for work due in by next weekend I haven't even started and despite intending to start this evening I really really can't be bothered. I had hoped to get half of it done this evening but I have no motivation whatsoever unfortunately.

Hi Jo, I understand your pain! Could you set yourself a target of doing 1 hour uninterrupted work and then rewarding yourself with a treat (bath, cup of tea, tv prog?)

I'm still at parents, don't want to go home until OH is back from his trip. I hate an empty flat! Genuinely considering pulling a sickie tomorrow, the idea of going to work is really getting me down. I'm finding myself feeling a bit down in the dumps recently, I think it's because life is so boring on Cambridge!

I can't face doing the actual assignments so I'm just putting together notes for it instead. Better than nothing!

I know what you mean, I feel so so bored on the plan. The thing to remember is that we're not being forced into plan, we're here out of choice, and that choice is a good thing.

I agree with everyone life can be so boring on the cambridge but just need to keep thinking in the grand scheme of things, it's a few months- a yr depending how far your journey is, out of your life, to end up being happy for the rest of your life :) I just saw my friends at their new flat, went for Sunday lunch, luckily there was a fish and veg option, avoided the drink, then went back to their quarter for the jacuzzi and spa, I done a few lengths in the pool so, hopefully that's helped out for today!! Hope everyone's had a nice night!

Hi all, it's been really helpful reading through your weekend journeys. I've been staying with my family for my sister's birthday - the first time since being on the CWP - so can really relate to people's experiences of sitting alongside people having tasty food/beer/wine. Felt glad to have been able to order a chicken breast and salad (my heart sank as I looked at the menu as there was nothing suitable, but plucked up the courage to ask for something off-menu and risk the flashing DIET sign I imagined above my head). There was that mix of being proud of not giving in to temptation - but as my dad tucked into a huge burger in a brioche, and the person next to me and sticky toffee pudding it really was the first time I felt a little deprived. Still, I know it's a good thing and - like you said - I chose this for a really good reason. I keep repeating that in my head.

Felt a bit low today, but we're back home and just got a bit of work to do before settling down for the evening.

To keep my spirits up, I've been chatting with my hubby about how healthy I'm becoming and how he's proud of me. I've told him it really helps to have a cheer leader to keep my spirits up, and I'm really glad he's able to do that. Been imagining what we might do on holiday this year that's a bit more active, cus I'll be lighter and more willing to do stuff (biking through the Lake District, maybe?). This kind of imagining helps me, as done thinking about being able to shop in regular clothes stores and wondering what I'll look like 7 stone lighter.

how do you guys keep your motivation up on the tough days?

PS. I lost 3 lb this week, so have lost 15 lb overall (3 weeks) - yay! I celebrated with a hair cut :)

Well done brightside on your loss and such a good treat to yourself!!!

To keep me motivated I just keep thinking of how happy I feel on them weigh days when I hear that loss number, just feels great that the hard work is paying off!! Plus thinking of the summer and holidays being able to literally chuck on an outfit and not have to think, well I can't wear that as I have a muffin top or big legs or Tummys sticking out etc. being able to buy/wear what u want and not worry has got to be the best feeling!! Better than tucking Into something greasy and unhealthy that makes u happy for all of 5 mins, what we are doing will give us a lifetime of happiness :)

At the moment, my motivation is sort of the reverse in that I focus on how unhappy I am not sticking to plan rather than happy sticking to it. I'm hoping that as I move up the steps and into maintenance that'll change, and that I'll focus on seeking positive feelings rather than avoiding negative feelings.

Well done BrightSide on your loss, and for staying strong under tricky circumstances! It's nice when you know you have support at home, my husband was the same this evening when I had cooked dinner for him and he says he's feeling guilty that I'm doing all the work but not eating any of it. He's been very motivating and I told him that one of my goals is to get back into a LBD I haven't worn in years. He has promised to take me away somewhere lovely for an overnighter when I can wear it!
I'm also planning on getting rid of every size 16 in my wardrobe once I get into 14s, then get rid of them etc etc. Then I've got nothing to wear so can't sneak back into them!

Wish my OH was as supportive he's supposed to be doing it with me. He still hasn't started 3 weeks later. All he does is keep suggesting takeaways and starting tomorrow x

Wish my OH was as supportive he's supposed to be doing it with me. He still hasn't started 3 weeks later. All he does is keep suggesting takeaways and starting tomorrow x

Oh that must be hard :( Still, you're the one getting all the health benefits and will be looking fantastic! Men just don't seem to be as motivated really.

Weighed in again today lost another 7lb. Thats 28lb in 3 weeks. Pretty pleased to say the least x

Weighed in again today lost another 7lb. Thats 28lb in 3 weeks. Pretty pleased to say the least x

Amazing!!! You're well on the way :)

Fronnie that is brilliant!!!!! :D

Back