Step 1 Sole Source January 2015

Gina, brilliant loss, well done! You're so close to target, you must be thrilled!
Jo, if you know the day he's coming down could you not say you already have plans that you can't get out of, so could you take a rain check? Hard though...you could use it as a test! I don't think you're likely to chuck in all the hard work on the basis of one meal? You've been in such excellent mindset so far :)
I've had terrible day today...am really going to have to focus my mind for next four days til Monday. Was just in a pesky snacks mood...staying in all day didn't help. Had 2 boiled eggs and a few frankfurters, negligible carbs, won't knock me out of ketosis but just annoying that I couldn't get a grip on it. Will definitely have to strengthen my resolve for rest of week! Bah!

Yeah that's what I was thinking, have to go somewhere at lunch or whatever. Hard though cause my manager knows I'm on the diet so I imagine she'll know I'm not being totally truthful. I might just be honest with him and say I'm on a strict diet but I'd love to come with them and just not eat. He may think I'm a bit odd but men generally don't seem to really care in the way women do.

Oh dear me! At least it wasn't carby snacks though. Maybe instead of thinking about the next few days you should try to just do the whole of tomorrow with no snacks? That's def doable! Then tackle Friday on Friday, etc. When I'm struggling I just think about getting through today, as one day is completely doable, and really that's all we're doing, a series of one days. When I start thinking about weeks or months or whatever I want to cheat!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com

Yes that's good idea, one day at a time... Will also get out of the house tomorrow too which will help. Part of it am sure was boredom, pure and simple!
I think they won't mind about you not eating lunch, but perhaps you could persuade restaurant to go off-menu, so you could have something simple? I had meal with husband at weekend and was grand at weigh in. Steak and salad...or chicken and salad?

Well done gina good on u :))) xx

Yeah boredom definitely doesn't help.

Realised a funny thing today - when I'm on training I spend all day desperate to eat the biscuits provided, but I brought a couple of packs home for my husband as he loves them and I can't find them anywhere online, and they've been in the house since yesterday and I've not been even remotely tempted. Its defo to do with being bored on the course and them being there in front of me - I didn't think I was a boredom eater but I must be!

I am definitely a boredom eater- work calmed down for me the last couple of days and I have been constantly thinking about food... then I got really stressed by something going wrong with a hotel last night and couldn't face eating anything- definitely not an emotional eater, as soon as I am stressed the last thing I think about is food. But if I am bored I crave stuff so badly, especially if I am in the house on my own. Before the diet, I love cooking and so if I have some down time and am on my own I just think right I'll go to the supermarket and get stuff to make various recipes then I end up with far too much and end up having a huge binge... I need to get out of this habit or at least cook something healthy instead- feels a bit weird not cooking as much though now as I was always in the kitchen before. Good luck to you all today! One day at a time :)

Morning! I agree girls! I think I managed to lose the last few lbs for the wedding through pure stress and nerves so I know I'm not an emotional eater coz that puts me off, it's more boredom as well!! And Dawn I love cooking! It's what I miss!! I cook occasionally for my hubby but not so much now as it's too tempting to pick while cooking!!
Annoyingly iv woken up feeling like I'm getting a cold :( hopefully can fight it off
Have a great day girls

Hope everyone has a great day today. Woken up quite tired still but did have a reasonably long undisturbed sleep so hopefully I won't be nagged by tired cravings all day. Just nice to be back at my desk today!

I think I'm a boredom eater too. If I'm busy I can easily forget to eat completely then I'm starving and pick at things while I'm cooking.
I don't necessarily think there was much wrong with my eating before I just put on weight due to pregnancy. I could defo eat healthier but in the last 10 years I have probably only put on a stone other than pregnancy weight x

I am so so tired today- went to bed last night at 1am after the team at work had all had a big falling out in the bar (nothing to do with me thankfully!) and then had to be up at 6am- thankfully not craving anything today which is a first! Probably due to a very stressful 24 hours...

On the plus side someone has just confirmed my next contract so will be working on an event for Samsung and going to Barcelona for the conference at the end of Feb and then will come back on the day I go to Centre Parcs- its brilliant news as it's a well paid contract but means I am going to need to be super strict over the next 3 weeks to get closer to my goal by the time we go away. Not sure if I will make the 12 stone I had originally hoped for but if I could get to 12 and a half by the time I go I will be over the moon :)

It's just so easy to consume so many pointless calories isn't it! 4 biscuits could be 500 cals :(

Yes and I think with little things like biscuits I don't count them as calories either!
Even picking food off the kids plates that all adds up but I don't think anything of it. Think I easily eat another 700-800 calories than I realise with picking things x

Maryland cookies are the worse they are so small but so many calories x

I worked out that yesterday I ate 1200 calories with my ridiculous eating...have been keeping myself v busy today to stay away from the kitchen. Boredom is deadly....
well done Dawn on keeping on top of things while you're away! And on getting new contract! Fab! I think I would really struggle keeping a lid on things if I was staying away in hotels so am really impressed with you and Jo able to do it :)

Thanks Becksy :) it's not easy but if your in the right headspace it gets easier!!

Don't worry about the 1200 cals- on one day that won't make you put back on any weight, you will just need to be super focused for the rest of the week and I am sure you will have a good loss. Has today gone well for you?

I am SOOOO tired now- practically falling asleep but I am overseeing a party for 6000 people this evening so still a long time to go yet!!! *Yawn*

Yes so far day going well. Had to go food shopping today so made sure that I went straight after my lunchtime shake so I wasn't hungry when I shopped. Otherwise would be a disaster! And 1200 cals only sounds massive I suppose when we're only having 400-500 cals a day now. Pre Christmas I'd have been having 3 times that!!
your job sounds amazing!! Any chance of you sneaking off for a power nap before the party starts?! Or is there too much to oversee?

Yeah the worse that'll do is a bit of water retention which will come off soon enough anyway. Glad today is going well for you! Good call on the shake before shopping :)

Your job does sound v interesting Dawn. I bet its really really tiring though! Amazing to be sticking to the diet with your lifestyle/job etc :)

I haven't had cravings today which I've been pleased about :) Had a very very bad tummy though so goodness knows where that's come from :(

Very glad its the weekend after tomorrow!

Yes brilliant idea on the shake before shopping- it's the hardest time to stay strong- the other week I went into waitrose for some chicken and salad, but was starving and ended up coming out with a fillet steak, some ham and some salmon which I really didn't need!!!

It's a great job most of the time and I've met some very exciting people but it is excessively tiring at times! The hours are very long when we are away and for the couple of weeks before we go, but if I'm on a long contract somewhere it's nice to have a relatively normal life for a while and get into a routine with the gym etc. No time for naps unfortunately - my hotel is a 10 min walk away so not too feasible :(

Ah Jo- that's a shame about having a funny tummy- feeling ill on this diet is the last thing you need! I have had a cold for 10 days now and am PROPERLY bored of it- not sure if I am maybe missing the energy to fight it off and the lack of sleep won't be helping- role on Saturday when I get home :) and I will pick up my new car on Sunday so that is something good to look forward to!

Eeekk exciting to be going home! I do miss home when I'm away and nothing is quite the same as your own bed. And a new car ;)

No idea why my tummy is so bad, I googled it and it said when you've struggled to go for a few days (TMI, I know!) its your body's way of putting it right. I have felt super bloated this week so hopefully that'll sort itself out now.

My sports bras and a new gym bag arrived today :D Any excuse for shopping ha!! I'm relatively gifted up top so needed some good sports bras for starting the gym Saturday, and I don't ever need an excuse for a new bag :D That's cheered me up a lot!

How are the rest of you ladies?!

How's your tummy now Jo? Well done getting through ur work trip!! God I'm suffering bad with a cold :( makes all this 10 times harder!! Just feel like I need something inside me to fight it off!! Lemsips to the max!!! Hope everyone's having a good night!

How's your tummy now Jo? Well done getting through ur work trip!! God I'm suffering bad with a cold :( makes all this 10 times harder!! Just feel like I need something inside me to fight it off!! Lemsips to the max!!! Hope everyone's having a good night!

Still bad! Its been bad on and off all evening. I'm just hoping its eased off by tomorrow as I don't want to be suffering in the office!

Aww poor thing :( I know exactly what you mean, when you don't feel well it makes you want some comfort! Thing is, as you know, the food won't really help. Hope you can stay strong and feel a bit better tomorrow.

Back