January Challenge - New Year Goals

Not adding to the list yet as will next do that on my official weigh day but I've now lost a stone!!! Only one more left to reach my January target.

Woo hoo, go Cherry! Great stuff! Stay focused and you'll easily do another stone before the end of the month. Get those smaller jeans out of storage now!

Hehe won't quite be on the smaller jeans as most are currently too tight for me! Will just mean I can actually wear the ******* again instead of being in my stretchy pants. Didn't want to buy bigger clothes as I knew I wanted to lose it again.

I found that I didn't really have anything in the next size down when I lost the weight initially as I think that when I was going up the sizes I wore the clothes until they were too tight to wear and then bought 2 sizes up for comfort as the next size would have only just fitted. Luckily I'm out of all 3 of those sizes now and in the size below that. Once you lose 3 stone there is no way you can wear anything you wore to start with, too tight at the start or not, well not unless it's like a tent on you!

I've got clothes from when I was 16 stone (current) and 13 stone. I wore the 13 stone ones until I physically couldn't fit in them any more at which point I was 16/17 stone. When I get below that I have nothing.

I've got hundreds of clothes from when I got to goal last time I did a VLCD. Couldn't stop buying clothes then! I can't get them on yet but I can see progress towards that :). Won't stop me buying lots of new clothes this time round tho!

In fairness all my clothes come from George so I could probably go on a shopping spree and still not spend £100.

I've bought sale and supermarket clothes whilst I've been going down the sizes as they've been too big in 4 - 6 weeks but when I get to goal I might splash out on a few expensive classic bits to try to encourage myself to keep the weight off! Bit like buying a couple of hundred quids' worth of mealpacks so that I have to stick to the diet :)

I felt so shocked when I went into the Trafford Centre a while ago. Went into the cheap clothes shops and thought all the clothes were really expensive. Knew I'd been shopping in George too long then.

I think that the George clothes are pretty good value actually. Lots of choice and they go up to size 24 (not a consideration for me now but it was before) so I could still get things in their 'normal' range rather than the plus ranges that some stores have that tended to be shapeless tents on hangers.

I've managed to get some good bargains on eBay, lots of cheap designer stuff and as I only intend to wear them till I'm smaller it feels fairly green too, I did look at George the other day and was impressed with their range.

GetSetGo..............14lb (3.0lbs lost so far, 11lbs to go) Day 5
Bordersgirl............14lb (4.8lbs lost so far, 9.2lbs to go)
Lose2Win............15lbs (1.8lbs lost so far, 13.2lbs to go)
Lastdiet4me........14lb (2.5lbs lost so far, 11.5lbs to go)
Bea....................14lbs (5lb lost so far, 9llbs to go) Day 5
Stormywave........28lb (6.0lbs lost so far, 22.0lbs to go) Day 4
Phoenix2010..........14lb (3lbs lost so far, 11lbs to go)
Cherry-Blossom....28lb (12lbs lost so far, 16lbs to go)
Toots..................14lbs (2.5lbs lost so far, 11.5 lbs to go)
Crimson_noir........20lb (0lbs lost so far, 20lbs to go)
My3cherubs.........21lb (0lbs lost so far, 21lbs to go)
PumpkinPie100.....14lb (0lbs lost so far, 14lbs to go)
Maka..................14lb (0lbs lost so far, 14lbs to go)
Chloesmom..........21lb (0lbs lost so far, 21lbs to go)
Mollyjak..............14lb (0lbs lost so far, 14lbs to go)
DarcyO ..............14lb (0lbs lost so far, 14lbs to go)
Bloater...............20lb (0lbs lost so far, 20lbs to go)
Chuffy_29...........14lb (0lbs lost so far, 14lbs to go)
Girlsbig98............14lb (olbs lost so far, 14lbs to go)
Lara1986................9lb (0lbs lost so far, 9lbs to go)
Dietagain.............25lb (0lbs lost so far, 25lbs to go)
Suze012.............14lbs (0lbs lost so far, 14lbs to go)
Lexie Dog............20lbs (0lbs lost so far, 20lbs to go)
Katiebaby............25lb (13lbs lost so far, 12lbs to go)

Hi I am joining your challenge :) Started the month on CD but have now changed to Slim and Save x

Welcome Katie! When you next update you can put your name up the top of the list as we tend to put the latest updates up the top to see the new entries easily, and remind people at the bottom to update their own :)

Well done on your loss so far - great stuff!

well done Katie and welcome

I went in primark on boxing day to take my 20 yr old son clothes shopping and I was impressed , mind you it was sale time too , as per usual , bought him some clothes and shoes and even got stuff for my 5 yr old but absolutely nothing for me , I didnt even look at the womens clothes , so cant vouch for them , but thought the quality was pretty good what I did look at

I tend to shop online at george and tesco because i can I trawl through their sale section and i dont actually have to go in a shop and try stuff on

I also like them because their sizing is pretty reliable and accurate

I do however fully intend to physically spend a whole day in shops trying stuff on and buying a new wardrobe , but not until i reach goal , in the meantime i will have to make do with oversized rags and start dragging smaller clothes from out of the back of the wardrobe , im not spending a penny until im at goal

Welcome Katie! When you next update you can put your name up the top of the list as we tend to put the latest updates up the top to see the new entries easily, and remind people at the bottom to update their own :)

Well done on your loss so far - great stuff!

Ah I see ok no problem :) thank you :)

well done Katie and welcome

Thank you :)

I went in primark on boxing day to take my 20 yr old son clothes shopping and I was impressed , mind you it was sale time too , as per usual , bought him some clothes and shoes and even got stuff for my 5 yr old but absolutely nothing for me , I didnt even look at the womens clothes , so cant vouch for them , but thought the quality was pretty good what I did look at

I tend to shop online at george and tesco because i can I trawl through their sale section and i dont actually have to go in a shop and try stuff on

I also like them because their sizing is pretty reliable and accurate

I do however fully intend to physically spend a whole day in shops trying stuff on and buying a new wardrobe , but not until i reach goal , in the meantime i will have to make do with oversized rags and start dragging smaller clothes from out of the back of the wardrobe , im not spending a penny until im at goal

Hi can someone update me again please, day 6 lost 9.2lbs 18.8lbs to go x thanks x

Done Stormy xx

Bordersgirl...........14lb (5.6lbs lost so far, 8.4lbs to go) Day 3
Stormywave.........28lb (9.2lbs lost so far, 18.8lbs to go) Day 6
Katiebaby............25lb (13lbs lost so far, 12lbs to go)
GetSetGo..............14lb (3.0lbs lost so far, 11lbs to go) Day 5
Lose2Win............15lbs (1.8lbs lost so far, 13.2lbs to go)
Lastdiet4me........14lb (2.5lbs lost so far, 11.5lbs to go)
Bea....................14lbs (5lb lost so far, 9llbs to go) Day 5
Phoenix2010..........14lb (3lbs lost so far, 11lbs to go)
Cherry-Blossom....28lb (12lbs lost so far, 16lbs to go)
Toots..................14lbs (2.5lbs lost so far, 11.5 lbs to go)
Crimson_noir........20lb (0lbs lost so far, 20lbs to go)
My3cherubs.........21lb (0lbs lost so far, 21lbs to go)
PumpkinPie100.....14lb (0lbs lost so far, 14lbs to go)
Maka..................14lb (0lbs lost so far, 14lbs to go)
Chloesmom..........21lb (0lbs lost so far, 21lbs to go)
Mollyjak..............14lb (0lbs lost so far, 14lbs to go)
DarcyO ..............14lb (0lbs lost so far, 14lbs to go)
Bloater...............20lb (0lbs lost so far, 20lbs to go)
Chuffy_29...........14lb (0lbs lost so far, 14lbs to go)
Girlsbig98............14lb (olbs lost so far, 14lbs to go)
Lara1986................9lb (0lbs lost so far, 9lbs to go)
Dietagain.............25lb (0lbs lost so far, 25lbs to go)
Suze012.............14lbs (0lbs lost so far, 14lbs to go)
Lexie Dog............20lbs (0lbs lost so far, 20lbs to go)

Thats a great loss stormy and borders, reckon yous will reach your targets no problem x

Everyone is doing so well! Must be the jan detox to motivate us :)

Will post my wi on wed on my official weigh in day, feel i have to do the 7days before my weight loss is 'official' prob down to my ww days :)

I'm only posting because my losses are decent at the moment and it motivates me. I'll no doubt scale the updates right back when I join the STS club again :)

Back