January challenge - new year new commitment

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's nice to hit the target but you can set that as as easy or hard as you like. When you have months and months ahead of you it breaks the month and weeks down so suddenly time is ticking along and I'm thinking nice one cos if I hadn't of started on day one I wouldn't be looking at the last 2 weigh ins with losses I'd have more weight to start loosing

thats so true, if i wasn't doing these challenges, i probably would have put weight on because i would have eaten crap when i got low losses, so at least if i don't reach the goal i will be moving in the right direction-these challenges really speeds the weeks up :)

thats so true, if i wasn't doing these challenges, i probably would have put weight on because i would have eaten crap when i got low losses, so at least if i don't reach the goal i will be moving in the right direction-these challenges really speeds the weeks up :)

Loosing weight for is boring it needs doing and the weeks and months will pass whether I loose or put on. These challenges keep me going.

What was your target?

my goal for this challenge is 8lbs-i thought it was quite realistic since i only started on 27th jan, but i don't think i'll make it-if i get 6 off i'll be happy though. my overall goal is 42 pounds and i've calculated that at a pound a week, so goal date is the middle of october, so it should be achievable enough hopefully! i think i'm just a bit bleugh about the whole thing at the minute because i haven'd been this weight in about 6 years, and i literally have over 40 pairs of trousers but only about 5 fit me at the minute-if lots of my clothes fitted me i don't think i'd be quite so bothered about the whole thing.

3lb off for me please

my goal for this challenge is 8lbs-i thought it was quite realistic since i only started on 27th jan, but i don't think i'll make it-if i get 6 off i'll be happy though. my overall goal is 42 pounds and i've calculated that at a pound a week, so goal date is the middle of october, so it should be achievable enough hopefully! i think i'm just a bit bleugh about the whole thing at the minute because i haven'd been this weight in about 6 years, and i literally have over 40 pairs of trousers but only about 5 fit me at the minute-if lots of my clothes fitted me i don't think i'd be quite so bothered about the whole thing.

You are going to get there. If the trousers are to small then soon they will fit.
Are you happy with what your eating? Maybe post some menus and we can look to see if we can spot anything. Are you exercising ?

Could be ways to boost the losses but otherwise nothing wrong in a lb a week if you keep going and going we will all get there x

yeah thats true-at least i won't have to spend a fortune buying a new wardrobe once i lose weight lol.
I'm happy with what i'm eating, because i'm eating more normally than i would be, i feel like i'm getting value for the points whilst still eating stuff i enjoy and having treats. the only exercise i'm really doing at the minute is dog walking, but sometimes thats about a 4 mile walk. i have eaten a lot of bananas this week though, i'm maybe going to try and cut them down, i was having 2 a day for the past week, and i've heard people say they can cause problems, so i'm going to lay off them this week i think.

thank you for all the encouragement, this is why i love this place :)

1lb off for me. But, I am more than happy. Last Friday i was 176lb, but after a sneaky weigh in on Tuesday i had crept up to 178 lb, so, in essence, since Tuesday i have actually lost 3 lb. (and it is the same scales, same place, etc, as my "official" scales). :D

Well done :) x

Hi Everyone - forgot I'd signed up for this. I'm a Tuesday weigher and I'm proud to report 07/01/14 -5lb and 14/01/14 -5lb . Target reached!!

Week 3 (I think!) and I lost 1lb

Slightly annoyed about the last two weeks as I've been 100% on plan and expected to see better results. Going to sit down tonight and do a weeks food plan and try some new stuff. Also started running this week and completed the first week of a C25K plan.

And I've just got under the 200lb mark... scraped under by half a pound!

Week 3 (I think!) and I lost 1lb Slightly annoyed about the last two weeks as I've been 100% on plan and expected to see better results. Going to sit down tonight and do a weeks food plan and try some new stuff. Also started running this week and completed the first week of a C25K plan. And I've just got under the 200lb mark... scraped under by half a pound!

Woohoo that is great!

1.5lbs on this week :( hoping to get some off next week although i had a chocolate binge last night. Much more focused today so fingers crossed i can get some away for next week.

1lb off for me. But, I am more than happy. Last Friday i was 176lb, but after a sneaky weigh in on Tuesday i had crept up to 178 lb, so, in essence, since Tuesday i have actually lost 3 lb. (and it is the same scales, same place, etc, as my "official" scales). :D

Well done Daz - any loss is a good one keep going

can you pop another 3lb off for me please? Thank you!

Weigh in tomorrow, why is it the night before i always feel nervy, it a bit like waiting to go to dentist xx

I feel like that too! Especially now that I don't have sneaky weigh ins anymore so it's nerve wracking!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back