Jaqys - dusting off the diary

Which event did you go for Anja?

I've applied for £500 worth if I got the lot. Ive seen live gymnastics at all levels from local to worlds and commonwealths, dont want to miss the chance to see it at the olympics, sadly couldnt apply for all of it (Usually at worlds or euros I'd have an all in ticket) and really hope that we're able to swap for some sessions we didnt apply for if we're overallocated.

Those who have applied for thousands and thousands are nuts - either they've gone for the top price big events (open and closing ceremonies, athletics finals) or they'll end up double booked and running all over town to make it to the different events.

Feeling in the flow a bit more now. almost forgot to make lunch last night but made myself do it.
Bad foods are popping into my head from time to time but I'm not about to go and get any, saving for the holiday definitely helps with that. My underwear is looser again :D

My underwear is looser again :D

Not only was I in danger of losing my trousers at work yesterday, there was a danger I was going to lose 'my drawers' too:D Now that would have been a sight!!!

Is it just gymnastics you have applied for? I didn't think of applying for that but think now I would have liked to see some!

I just kind of want to have been so i have applied for opening/closing (doubt I'll get those), 10m platform diving, fencing and some track cycling - just one session for each.

I chose the opening/closing (my oh can't understand why I would want to go!) and the diving and I let the kids choose one thing each. - and then my OH announced that there are only 2 weeks he can be off to go on hols in the summer - 25/7 - 5/8!!

oooh since we're talking underwear here, mine isn't falling down (phew!) but it is riding up my bum when I walk... is that a sign that they're too big? that the elastic has gone? or that I need more of those new nix with advanced technology to keep them in place whatever that I bought in M&S! (well ALMOST whatever ;))

And I must admit that the opening/closing ceremonies I find awfully boring (not that I watch them any more!!). Must be different to be there though!

ooooh re dates! should I check my calendar?!!

oooh since we're talking underwear here, mine isn't falling down (phew!) but it is riding up my bum when I walk... is that a sign that they're too big? that the elastic has gone? or that I need more of those new nix with advanced technology to keep them in place whatever that I bought in M&S! (well ALMOST whatever ;))

And I must admit that the opening/closing ceremonies I find awfully boring (not that I watch them any more!!). Must be different to be there though!

ooooh re dates! should I check my calendar?!!

It does coincide with your in-laws visiting. We are still working out what to do at the moment and I'm not sure how far south we will actually go!

There's a camp site 8km from us! (Do you camp?!!!)

There's a camp site 8km from us! (Do you camp?!!!)

No! I would but the others wouldn't!
I have pmd you where we are thinking of going and also replied about your underwear on a totally different thread! Anyone who wasn't confused, will be!!

Ive applied for 10m diving semi final and football at cardiff, the football as its local and I'm bound to get that right? Along with some gym sessions, only finals as we dont know what teams have qualified yet, let alone what the draw will be and I didnt want to end up with sessions full of teams I had no interest in.

At commonwealths it was the first time I'd taken the (then) boyf to a meet with mens gym, he'd been to the womens british and team champs a few times and so knew what to expect from them. But he was really amazed by the guys, (I think that it dosent always come across on tv just how small the men are despite the muscles), at how high they tumbled etc, as a footy fan he was in awe of the athleticism.

Pants riding up, I've never worked out why it happens. Too big, too small, just rubbish.

Thanks Mouse!

I used to watch gymnastics avidly on TV. I preferred seeing the women (children) to the men though as found some of their disciplines rather boring to watch albeit difficult to do. I do like (watching) vaulting, mind! (perhaps because I prefer men in shorts to those skin tight outfits! I never know where to look!).

Nice to see some Brits coming through on the gymnastics front too.

Applied for *one* Athletics session, as we're taking the family and needed to appeal to DH as well ;-) and he doesn't 'do' gymnastics, the girls would have... And we chose one that's not on a Saturday and has 'suitable' timings for arriving by public transport from Cambridge.

Finger crossed (fat chance....). The ceremonies are quite fun in large parts and being part of it must be something great but then you have the interminable marching in of the teams that takes up most of it **yawn**

Good luck jaqys I'm sure you'll get to see some live action!!

Survived pub lunch, thankfully the 2 for 9.95 menu had changed so I went for ham egg and chips, it was 2 massive pieces of ham (fairly lean), 2 eggs and a pile of chips which I didnt touch at all!
Some of the others had tandorri chicken salad which I almost went for, but wasnt sure I'd resist the poppadom it was served on, glad I didnt as it had a glob of dressing on the chicken.

Its tipping down now :(

well done on being good and avoiding the nasty chippies :D

If I was on my own I would have, but dont like to draw attention to it when with work people ;)
And the men with salads were happily nicking some :D

What an excellent choice! I'll remember that one - I have to rid my plate of aliens before I start too... my OH is usually happy to oblige!

For going unnoticed, I've used the "oh I can't bear [thick/thin] chips" and then offer them around! Usually people are more intent on getting their share or more to worrying why I'm not eating them.

Im not bothered if people question my plate. I am proud to be an atkins lover :D

Quiet weekend ahead, need to tidy up big time for electrical inspection.
Planning to go to the gym both days.
Hope theres some sunshine.

ELECTRICAL INSPECTION?

Back