Jaqys - dusting off the diary

Well I wasn't going to mention that in public.........................

I'd much rather hear about those indiscretions rather than food ones.......:D :p
But bacon an eggs not a bad choice - compared to the hash browns and fried bread that were probably on offer.....

I had a cheat dream last night, but not something wonderful like DDs chocolate torte, no, I dreamt I was drinking a fruit smoothie, and dreamt the guilt and panic at having done so, grrrrrrrrr. Then got woken far too early by the binmen.

I had a cheat dream last night, but not something wonderful like DDs chocolate torte, no, I dreamt I was drinking a fruit smoothie, and dreamt the guilt and panic at having done so, grrrrrrrrr. Then got woken far too early by the binmen.

Oh my goodness. This diet is definitely having a psychological effect on us! :eek::)

(Bet my choc torte would have tasted even nicer, jaqys. But the imaginary guilt and panic would have been even worse since it contains gazillions of calories and a wagonload of evil ingredients.)

I didnt even dream the taste, just the mixing and the strawberries getting stuck in the straw.
Dreaming of chocolate cake would have been sooooo much nicer.

Have (stupidly) agreed to a pub lunch next week with former and current collegues.
Might see if I can just have a diet cola and skip the food.....

I didnt even dream the taste, just the mixing and the strawberries getting stuck in the straw.
Dreaming of chocolate cake would have been sooooo much nicer.

Have (stupidly) agreed to a pub lunch next week with former and current collegues.
Might see if I can just have a diet cola and skip the food.....

Maybe all this talk about the choc cake will make you dream about it next time instead. ;)

If you do decide to skip the food, jaqys, try eating your Dukan meal beforehand to fill you up and help avoid temptation. That's what I did at this year's Christmas party, and it made things so much easier.

No food dreams last night. A lot of sleep though, the rain stopped people blaring music with the windows open and I slept though til 8, brilliant.

Been to the gym( ow ow) and Sainsburys, eaten half a chicken, watching the racing then I'll head to the cinema.

Bizarre dreams?

Nothing last night food or otherwise, not much sleep at all.

Went to the gym 3k on the cross trainer, gym all to myself again.
Eggs for breakfast, lunch will be more egg and rest of yesterday's chicken and chicken drumsticks for dinner, hmmm variety ;)

Bizarre dreams?

Nothing last night food or otherwise, not much sleep at all.

Went to the gym 3k on the cross trainer, gym all to myself again.
Eggs for breakfast, lunch will be more egg and rest of yesterday's chicken and chicken drumsticks for dinner, hmmm variety ;)

The other week I was trying to dress my chickens in leotards in my dreams........I must have chicken/chickens on the brain:D

3K on the cross trainer... well done!

Mouse - surely such a dream signifies an urge to wear a leotard yourself?

Speaking of leotards waiting to hear on Olympic ticket allocation, apparently theyre delaying taking the money an extra week(they take the money then tell you what youve got - charming), champing at the bit to hear if Ive got any, sister and I both applied for same things to double our chances, so are at risk of needing to offload some and ebay have said they wont accept them :(

Things are going okay food wise I think, practically a dukan day today, from frais breakfast, leftover beef mid morning, tuna, celery (with non dukan mayo) lunch, chicken drumstick afternoon snack and turkey meatloaf dinner with asparagus.
Adding the snacks to get my protein up and so I'm not hungry when getting home from work.

Work is super quiet this month - brilliant :) Leaves me lots of time for holiday planning, even if it is 6months off.

Sounding good Jaq.

I couldn't believe how much some people might have to pay if they end up with every ticket they sought. I saw one couple on the news who might owe £23,000! As you say re making you pay first, and not know what you're paying for. Would we accept that for anything but the Olympics? Crazy!

Which is why *my family* only applied for ONE SET of 4 'cheapest' tickets. this means we probably wont get any unless all those who over-ordered default on their payments and lose their potential allocations.

Jo this is how it works:

you apply for the tickets you want (deadline is in the past now). It's a lottery but you *do* know which seats, what prices, and how many you have applied for. Some popular events were limited to 4 tickets per applicant etc. Cheapest tickets for *some sessions* in *most disciplines* were £20 and kids pay their age in years again for those select sessions.
You had to give a payment card (only VISA would do :eek::eek:) Potentially you *could* 'win' all you've applied for - do the math! I'm waiting for the next lots of headlines "Bankrupted by the Olympics ticketing fiasco" - "We didn't think we'd be allocated so many..."

Next month they allocate. When you find out what you've been given YOU PAY. For all of them. Right then. they have your card details so the money comes out. If you later change your mind / need to get rid of some tickets, there will be an official re-sale site coming in to action next year. Meanwhile they sit on your money for a year (I guess it's paying for the actual seats you might get to use).

and I read somewhere that the average Brit has at least £10,000 debt aside for mortgage/car loans and that's before the Olympics came to town!

Over here, there aren't any credit cards and store cards are relatively new so there's not the same debt culture generally.

Not for a second suggesting that present company is going that route. Just the haunted look on that couple's faces who might owe £23K was peculiar!

Back