1. MiniMins members lost 144 Stone in January! Why not join in the conversation today?
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice

Jeans size & a baby belly

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by shrinkingannie, 21 November 2009 Social URL.

1. shrinkingannie

shrinkingannie Well-Known Member

I was wondering if anyone else found this or is it just me. Im just over 12 stone and a size 14 in jeans. Before my first pregnancy I was 10 stone and a size 12. Now the thing is my size 14's dont fit - they are too big and i have to wear a belt all the time but I'd never fit into a 12 and my belly does stick out over the 14's - I think its because my belly is so soft and lacking in tone after 2 sections that it doesnt really keep my jeans up iykwim - how depressing :(

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

Register a free account with MiniMins and join in the conversation!
  3. miss jelly tot

miss jelly tot CWP Consultant

Wow wish mine did! Im the opposit afta twins, my jelly belly keeps my clothes up.:cry:

4. shrinkingannie

Id love twins :)

5. Julianne_julz

Julianne_julz Bears dont dig on dancin'

Wow I was going to post this earlier! My son is 18months, I had an emergency section. I was in size 18s when he was born. Now having lost 30lbs I'm 12stone something and very nearly size 14, I hate my saggy belly, not what I want at the age of 25! There is hope though, my sister carried twins full term, had a terrible tummy for a while but worked really hard and now she's a size 10! Xx

6. shrinkingannie

I love the thought of there being any hope - thanks for this, we will get there too!!

7. miss jelly tot

Umhh swap for a while:rolleyes:;) lol. They can be little terrors and nothing survives in our house, food, ornaments, toys....!

Wow thats great going.Well done to her:) Im a 12 but still have to tuck it in:cry:Funny how different peoples bodies react differently. Why cant we all just bounce back into shape.....I wish:D

8. Julianne_julz

She did have the belly until she got to a smaller size, and worked a lot on toning. It's do-able. Just to put it into perspective, she was even considered for treatment on the NHS to rid her of the belly! :eek:

My OH refers to mybelly as my kangaroo pouch lol charming eh!? Xx

9. miss jelly tot

Nice lol dont you just love them:mad:

10. Julianne_julz

Yeah, I do it back to him though. I poke his stomach and say "aw a baby" lol. Soon shuts him up!! xx

11. mamabear

mamabear Active Member

H ha, love the posts, I have to tuck my jelly belly in 2, quite annoying cos im sure id be able 2 get into a 12 if it was gone, am wondering if its too late 2 do anything about it?

12. TeresaTT

TeresaTT Well-Known Member

What is the best way to get rid of a big belly? I've lost over 2 stone and all of me looks so much slimmer apart from my belly which still looks huge. I know it's got smaller because tops that were too tight now fit round my middle. I suppose because I've lost weight everywhere, my belly is still in the same proportion and so it looks big.

I do exercise a bit and do tummy crunches but is there anything else I can do? My sister has lost loads of weight and is quite skinny now. However even though she exercises loads she still has a big belly and big thighs. I'll probably end up the same as her as we're a similar build and both short.