Jellybean33's food diary - EE from home

WEEK 5 -FRIDAY

B - Banana on toast (hex b)

S - 2 x happy shopper coconut ring biscuits (4 syns)

L - left over beef stew, smash and beetroot (a very strange mix, but all I had easily available for my 1/3 super free!!). 2 more coconut rings (4 syns)

S - 1 x lotus finger (1.5 syns)

D - Had an off plan dinner, which was hubby's homemade Italian pizza (hex a and too many syns to think about!)

Syns = 9.5 + a lot more!
Hex A = √
Hex B = √

WEEK 5 - SATURDAY

B - sw pancakes with strawberries and banana

S - 2 x coconut ring biscuits (4 syns)

L - baked sweet potato with spaghetti hoops and salad. Alpen light (hex b)

S - went to a kids' party so snacked on some party food (allow 10 syns)

D - penned pork ragu with cheese on top (hex a)

S - Greek style coconut yogurt (0.5 syns)

Syns = 14.4
Hex A = √
Hex B = √

Of course...

It's from this link...

Penne with rich pork and tomato ragu

Serves 4
Ready in 30-35 mins
Ragu*can be frozen
**Free on extra easy

1 onion, peeled and finely chopped
3 garlic cloves, peeled and finely chopped
1 red chilli, deseeded (optional) and thinly sliced
1 tsp ground cinnamon
794g/1lb 2oz extra lean mince pork
198g/7oz cherry tomatoes, halved
400g can of chopped tomatoes
1 tbsp concentrated chicken stock
8 tbsp finely chopped basil
salt and pepper to taste
397g/14oz dried penne or rigatoni pasta
chopped basil leaves, for garnish

1. Stir-fry onion, garlic and red chilli in a non stick frying pan over a medium heat for 2-3 mins
2. Add cinnamon and pork mince and stir-fry for 3-4 mins. Add the tomatoes, stock and chopped basil. Bring to the boil. Season well, cover tightly and cook over a low heat for 20-25 mins.
3. While sauce is cooking, cook the pasta according to packet instructions. Drain and return to the saucepan. Pour over the meat sauce. Toss to mix well, garnish with chopped basil.

I think it needs the chilli, otherwise it's a bit plain.

Ah man...just wrote out my daily diary, but it doesn't seem to have posted....take 2....

WEEK 5 - SUNDAY

Been a bit of an off plan /syn heavy weekend...

B - coconut Greek Muller (0.5 syns) with strawberries and banana

L - bacon sarnie on wm bread with marg (hex b + 2 syns), apple, raw carrot, lotus fingers x 2 (3 syns)

S - French fancy (5 syns)

D - roast chicken, carrots, broccoli, roasted peppers, potatoes, Yorkshire (4 syns), gravy (2 syns)
Pudding - 1/2 apple turnover with raspberries and blueberries (6 syns)

Syns = 22.5 WHOOPS!!!
Hex A = √ in tea and coffee I've used at least 1/2 my hex a
Hex B = √

Ah man...just wrote out my daily diary, but it doesn't seem to have posted....take 2....

Arrgh, that's so frustrating when that happens, isn't it?

I think your food looks great today - it just goes to show you how easy it is to go over on your syns, even if you haven't gone completely nuts with anything! Dinner sounds like it was lovely :)

Arrgh, that's so frustrating when that happens, isn't it?

I think your food looks great today - it just goes to show you how easy it is to go over on your syns, even if you haven't gone completely nuts with anything! Dinner sounds like it was lovely :)

I know, it's rubbish isn't it! I don't feel like I was THAT naughty. Gonna try and stick to 10 syns a day til weigh in now to make up for it!

Also, we've decided for valentines we're gonna get a take away and watch a film...the will be very synful no doubt :-/ Not expecting big losses the next couple of weeks, I just hope I don't gain :-/

WEEK 5 - MONDAY

I love Mondays...so easy to keep on plan when it's just me and the kids doing housework and baby group!

B - yogurt with raspberries and blueberries.

S - hard boiled egg and some grapes

L - super speed soup and a ham sandwich (had no marg so I could save on syns!) Followed by grapes and 2 x lotus biscuit fingers (3 syns)

S - an apple

D - creamy cheesy chicken with bacon and mushrooms, served with potato wedges and peas. Pudding Hartley's 10 cal jelly (0.5 syns)

Then later I'm gonna have a Freddo (5 syns).

Also gonna allow 2 syns for odds and ends...like I know I licked the spoon after I made my daughter peanut butter on toast etc etc.

Syns = 10.5
Hex A = √
Hex B = √

WEEK 5 - TUESDAY

B - 2 x oat muffins (hex b)

S - banana and 2 x lotus biscuits (3 syns)

L - jacket potato with tuna mayo (2 syns) and salad

S - 2 x biscuits and an options salted caramel hot choc (6 syns)

D - shepherds pie (hex a for grated reduced fat cheddar)

S - freddo and diet coke (5 syns)

Syns = 16
Hex A = √
Hex B = √

Don't know why, but I'm finding this week SOOOO hard! Keep craving sugary foods...any tips?

Here to sub! ;) Have a couple of recipes for desserts depending on what you like :)

So, I had a look back through my diary for successful weeks and have had a realisation! I've realised I've unknowingly slipped right back into my old snacking habits! On weeks I was successful I only really snacked on free foods and had the occasional treat. Recently, however, I've had lots of biscuits and chocolate which (excuse the pun) eat up all my syns really quickly. So I'm gonna get tough and sort my snacking out!

Gemsta, so far I've had, and enjoyed, quark cheesecake and jam sponge pudding! Any other suggestions?

And happy holidays, I keep thinking I could buy meringues! :)

I've not tried all these, but have gathered them to try!

White Chocolate Cheesecake with Strawberries and Shortbread

Ingredients: (makes 4 slices) 3.5 syns a slice (or save 1 syn per slice by using the Oats as a HEXb)

28g porridge oats (4.5 syns)
75 ml boiled water
sweetener (to taste)
1 tub quark
6-7 small strawberries, halved
3 McVities shortbread bites (1 syn each), roughly chopped
1 milky bar 12.5g bar (3.5 syns)
11g options white chocolate powder (2 syns)
1 leaf gelatine, made up as packet instructions.

Pre-heat oven to 200°C

Mix the porridge oats with sweetener ( I used 3 tbsp, but adjust to your tastes) and add the water and mix. Press down into a 7" springloaded cake tin. bake until firm but spongy, about 10 minutes. Leave to cool completely.

Mix the quark with 5-6 tbsp sweetener and the white chocolate options. Make up the gelatine and mix with the quark.

Spray some baking paper with fry light and line the top of the cake tin (from the base upwards). Pour in the quark mix, and spread evenly and firmly to avoid air pockets.

Add strawberry halves, and sprinkle the chopped shortbread over the top.

Break up the milkybar and place in a microwavable bowl and microwave for appx 30 seconds until melted. Using a teaspoon, drizzle the chocolate over the strawberries and shortbread.

Refridgerate until set.

Carrot Cake Muffin

Ingredients: Makes 8 Muffins (1.5 syns each)

3 medium eggs
6 tbsp granulated sweetener
85g wholemeal self raising flour
2 tsp ground mixed spice
170g grated carrot
200g quark
sweetener (to taste)
1 tsp vanilla essence

Preheat oven to 180°C

Place 8 muffin cases into a muffin tray. In a bowl, whisk the eggs and sweetener until frothy. Sieve the flour and mixed spice, adding the husks that are left behind in the sieve. Add the carrot and fold together.

Spoon into the 8 muffin cases, and bake for 20 minutes until golden and firm. Leave to cool.

Mix together the quark, sweetener and vanilla essence, and top the muffins with the mixture. Place in the fridge until ready to eat.

Tiramisu

Serves 2 - 4.5 syns each

Ingredients
1 tub of fat free quark​
2 tsp vanilla extract​
1 double shot espresso​
3 tsp sweetener​
6 amaretti biscuits 1.5 syn each

Method
Whip the quark, vanilla extract, sweetener and half the espresso together.​
In nice glasses, place an amaretti biscuit in the bottom of each and pour over ¼ of the remaining espresso, layer over some of the quark then crumble over another biscuit, pour over another ¼ of the remaining espresso, layer some more quark. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours, Overnight is even better. Crumble over the 3rd biscuit and serve.

There's a few for you to be getting on with :)

Ummmmm carrot cake muffins! Defo have to give those a go at some point! Xx

WEEK 5 - WEDNESDAY

Well, here's another day where I've ended up off plan :-(

B - Yogurt with apple and blueberries

S - 1/2 mango

L - tomato and bacon pasta with cheese on top (hex a), 3x bits be good to yourself garlic bread (10 syns) and salad. Followed by raspberry cheesecake (1/12 of the thing cost me 8.5 syns :-( )

My friend came for lunch and I'd factored in the garlic bread (although was gonna only eat 2 bits), but she came along with dessert and I felt I should eat some (silly I know) and didn't look at the syns til after I'd eaten it (again silly!).

D - mushy pea curry and rice

Syns - 18.5
Hex A = √
Hex B = X but I'm sure as hell not eating anything else today!

Well, gonna aim to stay on plan tomorrow and Friday, then I already know I'll be off plan Saturday. Then I'm hoping I can shift any weight I've most likely gained the following week!

I know! And I'm not even the biggest cheesecake fan!

I don't think it helps that I've had poorly children for god knows how long, and this week my Hubby's had man flu, so I'm just exhausted and, to be honest, feeling a bit sorry for myself!

Back