Jennie's Journey, but mostly ranting...

Saturday's Diary - This may turn into a Red day...but EE for now. Ok it's now a red day.

Breakfast - Banana and then another one with a hifi bar Heb. Pint of cordial.

Snack - A couple of slices of ham with 2 Happy Cow Triangles Hea

Lunch - Small bit of chicken, celery, green pepper, pickled onions, tomatoes, lettuce, quark, 2 ryvitas Heb. Cup of tea with skimmed milk (1 syn)

Dinner - Wasn't really in the form for much dinner. Had a Mullerlight, wee oranges and an apple. Glass of Diet Club Orange. I may have 2 more ryvitas and 2 cheese triangles to even out the Hea...

Didn't leave the house at all today. I'll be back out tomorrow for a walk with Ruby.

Last edited:
jshort said:
Cool Hells that's good to know. I was going to post on your diary but I can't open it anymore. My friend let me borrow his actifry to see how I liked it and I think it's great...I may buy one.

Ah it might be because I moved it to silver members, think you need 500 posts, I was getting a bit paranoid about how public it was.

I love my actifry :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Sunday's Food Diary - EE I think - Starting my star week :( Crampsville

Breakfast/lunch - Rashers, baked beans, fried egg, mushrooms, onions and tomatoes. Mug of tea with skimmed milk Hea

Snack - Mullerlight, orange, apple and nearly 2 pints of water - it helps this time of the month.

Went out for a walk with Ruby and OH. Walked around the football pitch 3 times (running the last bit!) I felt very awake when I was out. I've been doing my TM since Wednesday and I think it's helping with the energy levels.

Dinner - Pork chops (no fat) with herbs, steamed leeks, actifry chips, baked beans and fried onions. What a plate of food...my hubby did all the cooking today as I wasn't up to it. I'm syning the oil used for the chips at 2 syns.

Syns: 2 for the oil, 2 for hot choc.

I'm going to have a mullerlight, with a hifi bar Heb

Helloo, you feeling any better now?

Hi Hells, feeling more human now thanks. I was like a witch for the last few days but now I've thawed out :) Hope you're keeping well and staying on track...I lost 2.5 lb tonight and I'm delighted, especially after the box of biccies last week!! My success express must be working. It's definately giving me a boost to keep going.

Monday's Food - Red day I think...I wrote my food diary out on the proper forms this week for our consultant and forgot to update this so not sure what I had..

Breakfast - Banana and wee oranges I think.

Lunch - ???

Dinner - SW spaghetti bolognaise. 35g wholegrain spaghetti HeB. Beef 5% fat, carrots, onions, garlic, tinned toms, tom puree.

Snack - 4 ryvitas HeB with 4 Happy Cow cheese Triangles HeA x 2

I know I had a hot choc for 2 syns and 2 syns for milk in tea. I know the syns weren't high for today.

Tuesday's Diary - EE

Breakfast - 2 weetabix HeB with Skimmed milk HeA, with wee oranges.

Lunch - Finished the bolognaise from yesterday. Apple, mullerlight.

Dinner - SW Chicken Chow mein. Chicken, noodles, carrots, peppers, onions, garlic.

Syns - I went over my syns today by one. I had a bag of hunky doreys 6 syns, Hot choc 2 syns, 2 Chocolate digestives 8 syns which brings us to 16.

Wednesday's Food diary - EE

Breakfast - 2 Weetabix HeB, skimmed milk HeA with Coffee. Wee oranges.

Lunch - Ham, lettuce, tomatoes, scallion, boiled egg, beetroot, mayo 1 syn. Wee oranges!

Dinner - yet to have it...I had Chicken drumsticks, 2 with honey and soy sauce and 3 with dry smash spicy mix - not too bad. Actifry chips and baked beans.

Syns - 1 syn for honey, mayo for 1 syn. 6.5 syn for a Cadbury Snack and hunky dory crisps 6 syn. So 14.5 for the day or so.

Last edited:
Thursday - EE

Breakfast - Mullerlight, oranges, banana, 2 weetabix HeB with Skimmed milk HeA

Lunch - 2 slices of wholemeal 8 syns, luttuce, ham, beetroot, tomato, scallion, tbsp of lighter than light mayo 1 syn. Pack of Hunky Dory crisps 6syns.

Dinner - Extra lean mince burger with mushrooms and scallions, actifry chips 2 syns and baked beans. Hubby made this and it was well received :)

Snacks - more oranges and a mullerlight.

Syns - 17 syns for today. I didn't even think about syning today so I didn't do too bad.

Just catching up, well done in the 2.5lb off - food looks good this week :)

Thanks Hells :)

Made a nice veg hot pot tonight for dinner. I didn't eat meat for a few years and I made it all the time. It's a great winter warmer. I made it the Slimming World way...just as tasty.

Roughly chop Onions, garlic, carrots, celeriac, leeks, potatoes, mushrooms. Mix tsp mild chilli powder, tinned chopped tomatoes x 2, 450mls veg stock, fresh thyme, black pepper and salt - bring this to the boil in a large oven proof pot, cover and put in the oven at 180-200 degrees for around 50 minutes, then stir in a can of kidney beans and place in the oven for a further 20 mins or so until vegetables feel cooked.

There's a cheesy chive crust that you can make that goes with this but I don't make it anymore as it probably has too many syns...it's gorgeous though! :)
If you want the proper recipe I'll take a photo of it out of the book so you can see what it's like and get the right measurements etc xx

Friday's Food Diary - EE

Breakfast - Banana, wee orange, mullerlight. Hifi bar HeB with a mug of coffee - skimmed milk HeA

Lunch - Chicken breast fried in frylite, lettuce, tomatoes, scallion, beetroot. Tbsp lighter than light mayo 1syn.

Dinner - Veg hot pot - onion, garlic, tinned tomatoes, thyme, carrots, swede, potato, kidney beans, chickpeas, mushrooms. I used these ingredients as I didn't have the ones I'd normally put in it and it worked quite well. Actifry chips - oil 2 syns.

Snacks - Hot chocolate 2 syns. Banana and wee orange.

Syn total 5.

Walked Ruby this afternoon for about half an hour. 2 pints of cordial.

Saturday's Food Diary - Green day.

Breakfast - 2 weetabix HeB, skimmed milk HeA, banana and wee orange with a mug of coffee.

Lunch/Dinner - Same as last nights dinner. Veg hot pot. 2 ryvitas HeB and 2 Happy Cow Triangles HeA.

Supper - Actifry Chips.

Syns - oil 2 syns, wee bit of Christmas cake: 4.5 syns for a 25g slice on the Slimming World website, but I don't think it wasn't that much. I'll over estimate anyway.
Plus a late night hot choc for 2 syns and hifi bar for 3 syns as I'm counting the other half as a HeB.

Total of syns 11.5 syns.

Last edited:
jshort said:
Thanks Hells :)

Made a nice veg hot pot tonight for dinner. I didn't eat meat for a few years and I made it all the time. It's a great winter warmer. I made it the Slimming World way...just as tasty.

Roughly chop Onions, garlic, carrots, celeriac, leeks, potatoes, mushrooms. Mix tsp mild chilli powder, tinned chopped tomatoes x 2, 450mls veg stock, fresh thyme, black pepper and salt - bring this to the boil in a large oven proof pot, cover and put in the oven at 180-200 degrees for around 50 minutes, then stir in a can of kidney beans and place in the oven for a further 20 mins or so until vegetables feel cooked.

There's a cheesy chive crust that you can make that goes with this but I don't make it anymore as it probably has too many syns...it's gorgeous though! :)
If you want the proper recipe I'll take a photo of it out of the book so you can see what it's like and get the right measurements etc xx

Ooh that looks nice :) I don't cook to recipes anyway, just bung things in as I go in terms of weight etc, might try that out x

Sunday's Food - EE

Breakfast - Bacon less fat, baked beans, fried egg, tomatoes. Mug of tea with skimmed milk HeA. Slice of wholemeal toast HeB.

Lunch/dinner - SW Chicken chow mein. Carrots, onions, garlic, fresh ginger, chilli, broccoli, cabbage.

Snacks - Wee orange and muller light.

Syns - Neighbours came over with a tin of biscuits. They're McVities Victoria biscuits...I must have eaten about 12 of the them and they're all really chocolatey. I'm averaging 5 syns each so I've had 60 syns today...oh well they were lovely.

Monday's food diary - EE

Breakfast - 2 weetabix HeB, with skimmed milk HeA and a mug of coffee. Banana and wee orange.

Lunch - Remainder of yesterdays Chicken chow mein with lettuce, boiled egg, tomatoes and onion salad.

Dinner - SW mince bolognaise with steamed cabbage instead of spaghetti. Tinned toms, onion, garlic, carrot, celery, <5% Beef and bovril stock.

Syns - I didn't plan on having syns today but I was having a Lidl fat free yogurt and I just happened to look it up (after I ate it!) and there's 2 syns in them. I had a hot chocolate to console myself.

Total of 4 syns.

Incidentally I started taking folic acid and chloronella today.

Tuesday's Diary - EE

Breakfast - 2 Weetabix HeB with skimmed milk HeA, mug of coffee, pear and a wee orange.

Lunch - Bolognaise with salad. Lettuce, tomatoes, boiled egg and beetroot.

Dinner - I made the mushy pea curry tonight. Mushy peas, baked beans, tinned toms, onion, garlic, chickpeas and curry powder. I made cubed up a few spuds and sprayed them with frylite and cooked them in the actifry. They were very nice...nicer than normal chip shape and now they are free. I think I might have to buy a actifry for myself as I've used it nearly every day since my friend lent it to me.

Walked today in the park and did my TM twice. Good day today. I'm off now for some fruit as there wasn't much superfree with dinner.

No syns today.

Last edited:
Wednesday's Food Diary - EE 16/01/13

Breakfast - 2 Weetabix HEB with skimmed milk HEA with a wee orange, banana and a mug of coffee.

Lunch - 3 slender choice sausages, baked potato, beans, fried onions, tomatoes, mushrooms, lettuce, boiled egg. Apple and wee oranges. I was stuffed after all this and was anxious I had over done it before my weigh in!

Weighed in at 5.30 and lost 2 lb. Really happy with that loss. I had too many biscuits on Sunday and I was nervous that I sabotaged myself.

Dinner - Mushy pea curry from last nights dinner with a portion of brown rice and actifry potato cubes. So delicious.

Syns - I had a hot choc at group (2 syns) and wee biscuit (.5 syns), hifi lemon bar after dinner (5.5 syns), lidl yogurt (2 syns), meringue nest (2.5 syns)
Total of 12.5 syns today.

Thursday's Food Diary - 17/03/13 Green day

Breakfast - 2 weetabix HEB, skimmed milk HEA with a wee orange and a banana.

Lunch - 2 boiled eggs, lettuce, scallion, tomatoes, red pepper, 2 happy cow triangles HEA. Wee orange and pear.

Dinner - Baked beans, fried egg, tomatoes, mushrooms, actifry potato cubes.

Syns - I'm planning on not having any today. We'll see if I can :)

Snacks - a lettuce sandwich! Happy Cow triangle wrapped in lettuce and and left over actifry cubes and a banana.

Last edited:
Friday's food Diary - 18/1/13 Green Day

Breakfast - 2 weetabix HEB with skimmed milk HEA with a wee orange and a banana. Mug of coffee.

Lunch - Baked spud, tinned spaghetti with a melted happy cow triangle. Lettuce, tomato and beetroot side salad.

Snacks - Hifi Bar HEB, Cadbury Sandwich (6 syns)

Dinner - SW Chilli - onion, garlic, carrots, green pepper, mushrooms, tinned tomatoes and kidney beans. Might have rice with it.

More syns - alpen light (3.5 syns), Lidl Dream bar (3.5 syns) and a hot chocolate (2 syns).

Total of 15 syns today.

Last edited:
Back